Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] 343 is a joke

OP II blackout II

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The game has been out for 1 YEAR! and still there are more bugs than a rainforest village.
This made me chuckle. It's true though.
I must not see all of the bugs people are talking about. The only one I can think of is the very rare "retrieving data" for warzone games
I must not see all of the bugs people are talking about. The only one I can think of is the very rare "retrieving data" for warzone games
Only thing I experience also and I live outside the US and don't get all those disconnects and latency people speak of.
Only thing I experience also and I live outside the US and don't get all those disconnects and latency people speak of.
I am in the US. I am guessing the overall competition of FPS games has cause a drop in the population and the core gamers are wanting a perfect game, in which there never has been a perfect game. They all have flaws that we tend to overlook in hindsight
This game plays well enuf and has some minor conection issues. I can play many other triple A shooter with similar bugs. Yeah some times it bad, but in my life time i have played tons of games that have huge problems and are riddled with bugs, in comparision "my opinion" its not that bad. All though i did throw a tantrum one day when i literly couldnt play halo 5 for two days becuase the game kept crashing or laging me out, and that was only four months ago.
Please stop stating the obvious. 343 are the most incompetent, lazy and careless developer I've ever known. When they add back in fan favourite gamemodes they always have this carefree attitude saying : "Nah, they'll like it no matter how bad it is". They always treat such beloved community features badly (*cough* Theatre *cough*) or have just completely excluded them from their games.
lock incoming
Because they can't make Halo games.
this post only exists to hate on 343 over criticising Halo 5 a year on, are we forgetting Microsoft are just as guilty for how Halo 5 is right now
Please stop stating the obvious. 343 are the most incompetent, lazy and careless developer I've ever known. When they add back in fan favourite gamemodes they always have this carefree attitude saying : "Nah, they'll like it no matter how bad it is". They always treat such beloved community features badly (*cough* Theatre *cough*) or have just completely excluded them from their games.
So much for not being as hard on them. How bad it is? What game modes they've added have been bad? Grifball is amazing, infection is the best yet (IMO), and action sack is a blast. "They always treat beloved community features badly." Like forge? You have to remember that different teams work on different things. You can't say "343 sucks because the theater is buggy" because that's just a small team within 343.

OP, your post is not constructive and only serves to spread toxicity. As someone has already said, prepare to get locked. I and many others don't experience the rainforest of bugs you do, so you're exaggerating, you live where the servers are bad, or your connection sucks.
Your point is 343 is a joke, you say the phrase 'lot's of bugs', though let's be fair, so does Skyrim, though Skyrim's bugs are worse and actually game breaking when they occur. You then repeat your mantra, "343 is a joke" several times while looking in the mirror spinning around. I assumed that last part, but you get the idea. You haven't actually given a reason, but spent 2 long paragraphs repeating a stupid mantra.
I think I have lost connection a total of 3 times since release, and maybe a dozen matches where characters jump around but have never run into major bugs. Some major arguments below.
Forge should have been issued at launch..
You are right it should have, but considering how much more this one can do and how many items included I can deal with that.
Not enough game modes...
Let's be honest it's not the number but the specific ones that weren't included or still aren't out yet. There are tons of modes and yes they weren't with the game at launch but they are working on them.
Firefight...
This should have been in the works from the beginning. I like the warzone firefight mode but would like a survival mode as well.
There are a lot more things that could be said for what we should have and what we got, but if they didn't listen at all we would have the same game from a year ago.
I always get confused when people say this. When I do rarely play, I notice them straight away. Maybe because I am a PC player and notice these things, however there are a few YouTube videos that purely list and show these bugs (the bugs that haven't been patched). Look them up, the ones I've seen don't have some crazy bias commentary either (great YouTuber is "TheActman" for example).

I would list them, but I forget many, and if I did remember them the list would be extensive AND there would be those in denial saying "I've been playing this long and have never seen it". Yeh, great, you never noticed it, doesn't mean it's not in the game.

The most important things to fix IMO would UI related bugs/lag/clunkyness. I mean, BF4 has been out for a long time, and a few months ago ea/dice done a UI overhaul. Surely if EA would do it, 343 can with all this Req money they earn? And before the avalanche of excuses comes forth, EA works on and maintains far more games than 343 does. Yes, they are a far bigger company, however bugs in the UI should not be in a game for over a year (retrieving data at the top of the list here). Now, before anyone misunderstands, I'm not demanding a complete overhaul, no. UI fixes, reach style lobbies, and marking "favourites" for cosmetics (as there are....hundreds). We have been asking for all 3 for over a year now.

But sure, give us more special skins because that's really what the game needs. /s
I am in the US. I am guessing the overall competition of FPS games has cause a drop in the population and the core gamers are wanting a perfect game, in which there never has been a perfect game. They all have flaws that we tend to overlook in hindsight
Halo 2 or 3 didn't have competition? They held populations cuz it trumped its competition and did what it needed to be good games. I don't see people leave halo saying "x game is better than halo", I see them mentioning what halo has screwed up on to cause said person to leave, not competition.
Halo 2 or 3 didn't have competition? They held populations cuz it trumped its competition and did what it needed to be good games. I don't see people leave halo saying "x game is better than halo", I see them mentioning what halo has screwed up on to cause said person to leave, not competition.
The first giant of the modern FPS genre which Halo can be said to be a part of was COD 4, which released a few months AFTER Halo 3. When there are only 2 FPS on the market, you haven't really got much option for leaving. I'm not saying Halo 3 was bad, but saying Halo 3 was 'tehbezt' simply because it was 'tehbezzz' is ignoring some pretty important facts.
This has never been said before on this forum, thank you for your amazing insight, we are all collectively more enlightened.

On a side note, you didn't mention what exactly the bugs are you are experiencing, how often they occur etc. So pretty useless post all in all.
Amen to that! 343i doesn't know what the heck they are doing. Halo 6 is going to fail super hard and I'm spending my money on another halo game if 343i are the developers.
true, on top of all their mistakes theyve ruined halo for me, just replaying halo 3s campaign and watching the live action trailers makes me hate 343. 😢
We need to stop spreading the hate and just be thankful that we still have Halo remember Make Love Not War I try to keep it constructive criticism instead of just blind hate.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2