OP MagnusFarseeR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
http://gamerant.com/halo-5-guardians-dlc-maps-free/

"That said, there are 15 additional maps planned to release post-launch as gratuitous add-ons"

Now after all the free DLC has been released (there will probably be no paid DLC) , there are only 12 maps.

Battle of Shadow and Light: 4 Forge

Cartographer’s Gift: 1 Arena 1 Warzone 2 Forge

Hammer Storm: 1 Arena Map

Ghosts of Meridian 1 Arena 1 Warzone

Memories of Reach: 1 Arena

THAT IS ONLY 12 MAPS, AND THAT IS INCLUDING FORGE MAPS! This is absolutely pathetic, Forge maps should not be counted as new maps since they are made with the map creator and there are thousands of them now (most can only be played in custom matches)

Even including Forge maps, they did not even add 15, 343 is pathetic, out of all their "15 maps (a lie)" there are really only 6 new original non-forge maps that have been made.

"That said, there are 15 additional maps planned to release post-launch as gratuitous add-ons"

Now after all the free DLC has been released (there will probably be no paid DLC) , there are only 12 maps.

THAT IS ONLY 12 MAPS, AND THAT IS INCLUDING FORGE MAPS! This is absolutely pathetic, Forge maps should not be counted as new maps since they are made with the map creator and there are thousands of them now (most can only be played in custom matches)

Even including Forge maps, they did not even add 15, 343 is pathetic, out of all their "15 maps (a lie)" there are really only 6 new original non-forge maps that have been made.
You forgot molten, prospect, tidal, and sanctum. Using your numbers of maps and those four that is 16, right? Damn 343 for giving us one more map than they said they would.
Woah woah woah... 343i lied about something? That's never happened before!!! EVER!!!

You forgot molten, prospect, tidal, and sanctum.
Are any of those Forge maps? Even if none are, that brings the non-Forge DLC total to 10 new maps, so not even 15 original new maps and using Forge created maps to bring that number up, seems pretty manipulating, I was hoping for 15 original non-forge maps. I like Forge maps, some of them are great but you can't count them as being a new map since they are all created with the same map creator.

You forgot molten, prospect, tidal, and sanctum.
Are any of those Forge maps? Even if none are, that brings the non-Forge DLC total to 10 new maps, so not even 15 original new maps and using Forge created maps to bring that number up, seems pretty manipulating, I was hoping for 15 original non-forge maps. I like Forge maps, some of them are great but you can't count them as being a new map since they are all created with the same map creator.
12 and four is 16. Tidal is a forge canvas, none are forged maps. You also left off urban and riptide that would make it 18.
15 new maps PLANNED for Halo 5.

You don't know what their plans were/are.

Accusing them of lying is pretty childish.
Okay, they did not lie but they used maps created with Forge to bring that number up since they didn't wanna take the time to actually create 15 original non-forge maps.
Okay, they did not lie but they used maps created with Forge to bring that number up since they didn't wanna take the time to actually create 15 original non-forge maps.
18 maps total, 6 forged (by your numbers) 12 non-forged. Where did they say 15 non-forged maps? Please provide a link to your source.
Plus all the Grifball maps, btb maps, doubles maps, Valentine's Day doubles maps, and WarZone assault maps, right?
Literally incorrect. Battle of Noctus, Overgrowth, And 4 forge canvases in Cartographer's Gift, Riptide and Urban in Infinity's Armory, Torque in Hammer Storm, Darkstar and Tyrant in Ghosts of Meridian, Stasis in Memories of Reach, and Molten, Prospect, Sanctum, and Tidal in WZFF. That's 16 maps. 343 also said that they are going to continue supporting the game with content updates. Nowhere did they lie. Blatant bait m8
Nice back tracking bro
shaddaix37 wrote:
Literally incorrect. Battle of Noctus, Overgrowth, And 4 forge canvases in Cartographer's Gift, Riptide and Urban in Infinity's Armory, Torque in Hammer Storm, Darkstar and Tyrant in Ghosts of Meridian, Stasis in Memories of Reach, and Molten, Prospect, Sanctum, and Tidal in WZFF. That's 16 maps. 343 also said that they are going to continue supporting the game with content updates. Nowhere did they lie. Blatant bait m8
Didn't we have atleast one of those canvases before the CG?
Needed somewhere to craft those Forge BTB maps, and play on.
Is there a reason we count canvases as well? They're not really that playable on their own.

Either way.
Yes, I do have an issue with i343 counting forge maps to the total amount of what they count as "new maps".
However, given the amount they said at first, and the actual amount we've gotten post-launch in terms of forge maps, it's quite a lot more.

Now of course they did say planned maps at that point, so they never planned for Grifball?

However. It's kind of frightening that people are so ready to accept forge maps as "new maps" and have them on the same level as DLC maps. Sure, i343 never said it'd exclusively be non-forge maps. However given the acceptance now, what prevents them from promising 20 new maps further down the line, and deliver 16 forge maps made by the community? Or all of them, all 20, made in forge by the community.

i343 is so vague in some of their statements that at some point it can mean anything.
I certainly do not approve of Forge maps being counted towards the total amount of maps we were given, neither do I count canvases.
Not because I want to see i343 not live up to the promise, but because canvases aren't playable in gameplay sense and forge maps are just that, forge maps.
Okay, do we count forge maps as dlc? And I mean honest dlc, I don't want any "well technically it is dlc"
sniper945 wrote:
Okay, do we count forge maps as dlc? And I mean honest dlc, I don't want any "well technically it is dlc"
Technically yes. Downloadable content is downloadable content reguardless of the quality or how it's made. Just because it's a forge map tho doesn't mean we have to accept it tho although I myself don't mind forge maps since I'm not about how a map looks when compared to most dolts around here. my issue is so many are exploitable and aren't tested very well, hence my dislike for community playlists and such cuz while I appreciate those who spend hours making a map, most just don't play well and have many unnecessary things added to them.
343 have a record of lying but all the DLC hasn't been released yet, granted we don't know if the remaining DLC is map based but there's still a chance.
They might counted Forge canvas as free maps.
Naqser wrote:
shaddaix37 wrote:
Is there a reason we count canvases as well? They're not really that playable on their own.

Either way.
Yes, I do have an issue with i343 counting forge maps to the total amount of what they count as "new maps".
However, given the amount they said at first, and the actual amount we've gotten post-launch in terms of forge maps, it's quite a lot more.

Now of course they did say planned maps at that point, so they never planned for Grifball?

However. It's kind of frightening that people are so ready to accept forge maps as "new maps" and have them on the same level as DLC maps. Sure, i343 never said it'd exclusively be non-forge maps. However given the acceptance now, what prevents them from promising 20 new maps further down the line, and deliver 16 forge maps made by the community? Or all of them, all 20, made in forge by the community.

i343 is so vague in some of their statements that at some point it can mean anything.
I certainly do not approve of Forge maps being counted towards the total amount of maps we were given, neither do I count canvases.
Not because I want to see i343 not live up to the promise, but because canvases aren't playable in gameplay sense and forge maps are just that, forge maps.
It really depends on how you look at it as far as considering maps goes. I included the forge canvases because that's when they became available to the public to actually play on, and by play I mean forge on. While I am not as into forge as I would like to be, the forge community really appreciates canvases, and many forgers spend most of their game time playing forge. In that sense, I recognize forge maps as maps, just like how Warzones maps are exclusive to that game mode, forge canvases are intended to be built upon rather than playing slayer on an empty map. As far as considering forge creations as maps goes like they did in in the first, I agree that this is total bs, especially when community maps are considered as such. But looking at the DLC releases they definitely hit their intended mark including remixes and canvases, however I can understand why some people are unsatisfied with the remix maps and the inclusion of both variants of Warzone maps (Regular and Assault) into the count.
sniper945 wrote:
I really don't see why people are against them. So they were made in forge? That doesn't make them terrible by default. Making a forge map is just as hard as making a dev made map.

You have to plan out the map, make it work for the games mechanics, find out what weapons/vehicles work for the map, then make the map, test the map, and fix anything that doesn't work or add stuff to make the map better.

The same process is done by the devs when they make maps, the only different is that now they have the ability to make whatever shapes they want where as forgers have to use what's given to them.
Naqser wrote:
shaddaix37 wrote:

Either way.

This is unfortunately how a lot of companies work.

Promises are one of the worst moves a games developer can do. What if they hit an unforeseen snag and have to cut content to meet the deadline. It could be a case of braking a promise causing a PR nightmare or delay resulting in a pissed off publisher and fanbase. A lose, lose situation.
sniper945 wrote:
I really don't see why people are against them. So they were made in forge? That doesn't make them terrible by default. Making a forge map is just as hard as making a dev made map.

You have to plan out the map, make it work for the games mechanics, find out what weapons/vehicles work for the map, then make the map, test the map, and fix anything that doesn't work or add stuff to make the map better.

The same process is done by the devs when they make maps, the only different is that now they have the ability to make whatever shapes they want where as forgers have to use what's given to them.
A good map is a good map. Some of the these forge maps arguably play better than some of the dev maps.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4