Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] 343, please tell me you're working on farming.

OP UNSCDF Guy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 22
To all try-hards out there..... Please dont try to win so this guy can enjoy his Halo 5 experience more. I really dont think thats much to ask.. Just take it easy on the guy... He has issues that dont need to be exacerbated by you guys trying to win and enjoy the game for yourselves.
it's happened to me once, but it was so insanely brutal. They just left our core sitting there while they rolled in power weapons and took to hell on us. I finished with 26 deaths and 8 kills, and I think that was the best on our team. most of the other team had around 30-50 kills a piece. so it's only happened once, but it was very brutal to say the least, I consider myself lucky compared to other teammates.
I don't want to be stuck in my home base dying over and over because the other team refuses to destroy the core and end the game. Remember that for a Warzone team to have enough coordination to collectively not destroy the core, they likely have to be a Fireteam of 12. If your team doesn't match that level of coordination and communication, you're likely not going to win, and you're likely not going to be able to fight back. Being farmed is just a waste of time, and I usually just quit the game. No point in getting stomped for five minutes (or longer!) when it could have ended much sooner if the farmers had any sense of sportsmanship.

I think some kind of mercy rule could help eliminate farming. Maybe automatically ending the game if the score difference is high enough, or have the core's health sloooowly go down automatically when there's a triple cap. Or maybe have everyone's REQ level sloooowly increase over the course of the game to give the farmees a chance to fight back. All of these options would change how Warzone is played, but what is farming if not an exploit of the existing system?
To all try-hards out there..... Please dont try to win so this guy can enjoy his Halo 5 experience more. I really dont think thats much to ask.. Just take it easy on the guy... He has issues that dont need to be exacerbated by you guys trying to win and enjoy the game for yourselves.
There's a difference between losing and being farmed.
YouthNAsia wrote:
Farming is not a problem, people who think it is are the problem. Don't like it? Don't play or play better than them so it's not an issue
Kinda hard to play better when you have 10+ Whiplashes and Rocket Launchers waiting for you to spawn in one locale
Then quit or figure it out. Quitting one game isn't a big deal
It can be more easy if we try to do all legal
You guys know you can leave the match if you get into one with 12 people farming you right? You know farming only happens when one team is disproportionately better then the other right?

You guys know that this problem is on 343i's game design end more than the players right? If they didn't want players farmed endlessly they should put some type of system in place to prevent it...

This stuff used to happen all the time in big team games of previous halo titles, the difference was people did it for the LULS, and not for any type of armor unlock. It's like halo 5 is peoples first halo or something.
It can't really be stopped. It should die down soon as more and more big companies will get the armor.
McGrunty wrote:
You guys know you can leave the match if you get into one with 12 people farming you right? You know farming only happens when one team is disproportionately better then the other right?

You guys know that this problem is on 343i's game design end more than the players right? If they didn't want players farmed endlessly they should put some type of system in place to prevent it...

This stuff used to happen all the time in big team games of previous halo titles, the difference was people did it for the LULS, and not for any type of armor unlock. It's like halo 5 is peoples first halo or something.
Farming is still something that people don't like

Also, OP's title is addressed to 343, not the players who farm.
Exenius wrote:
It can't really be stopped. It should die down soon as more and more big companies will get the armor.
I can be stopped.

The armor isn't the reason people are farming. People will always farm.
Is farming still a thing?
oh yes it is.
according to 343 farming only happens 0.3% of the time. Doesnt explain why 30% of my warzone matches are me getting harvested.
343 always plays with stats.
Four snipers and two tanks aimed at you're home base. You wouldn't be complaining if it were the other way around.
every now and then your gonna get wrecked but hopefully for the most part it goes well or its a even match
I like the format of your essay bro
Farming kills in WZ is just the current version of spawn trapping with both Scorpions, a sniper and the God Pistol on Blood Gultch from CE PC. It was terrible if you were on the wrong side of it. This time, if you're on the right side there's extra incentive other than a smug sense of horribly misplaced self-satisfaction.
It is ruining the game I suppose, I am waiting really till Firefight or infection comes out.
Also, shoutout to Heavenly Sword III!!
All they need to do is add rarer weapons and vehicles to Slayer and BTB maps. It'd hopefully slightly curtail the farming, at least. Any gameplay changes to WarZone could potentially screw up the dynamic that they already have going on. Listening to a forum complaints about in-game "Epidemics" is dangerous because that forum user base represents a small number of the total players actually playing the game. Better to respond to the actual in-game data rather than a select few issuing their grievances online.
I'm tired of trying to play such a broken game. It isn't fun anymore, thanks 343 for ruining Halo!
Farming may account to 0.03% of WZ games, but its happening to atleast 20% of the Halo community, at least give the loosing team a way to end the game early or give the loosing team a REQ level boost. It's really annoying when in just about every WZ game I play the enemy is trying to farm.
There are so many different ways you can group up with a team of twelve for all of you "lonewolves" who are really just BK's. Try using the forums to group up, use HaloLFG, make friends, be social. No one is forcing you to solo que or forcing you to party up. The fact is when you solo que most likely you are going to take that L whether its being farmed or not. If you solo que you will never match a team's coordination and when that happens don't go spam the forums with garbage like this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 22