Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] 343, please tell me you're working on farming.

OP UNSCDF Guy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 22
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
I'm sick of it.
It's ruining the game.
You can say it's not...but it is.
It has made so many streamers just stop their streams.
It has made so many people just quit.
Why?
It's not fun.
I had taken a break from Halo.
Came back today.
Got tryharded in "social" slayer...
Got farmed in warzone which is "social"
What's the point?
This game isn't fun to be farmed in.
Farming is reducing the population.
Please, do something...

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Show

Don't blame the companies farming you have to be realistic look at the commendations 343 put together to get the armor. They are basically telling companies if you want the armor your going to have to farm for it. Everyone is wanting companies that farm to be banned but why? They are only doing what needs to be done to get the commendations completed. If a company doesn't farm and just takes their time it'll take a good year or for the slower companies prob till halo 6 to complete the commendations. Quick solution run with a group of friends or your company. Or play arena matchmaking there's a btb in that you can do. Warzone is not the only game type in halo 5.
Enplosion wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
I'm sick of it.
It's ruining the game.
Why?
It's not fun.
Came back today.
What's the point?
Please, do something...

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Show

Don't blame the companies farming you have to be realistic look at the commendations 343 put together to get the armor. They are basically telling companies if you want the armor your going to have to farm for it. Everyone is wanting companies that farm to be banned but why? They are only doing what needs to be done to get the commendations completed. If a company doesn't farm and just takes their time it'll take a good year or for the slower companies prob till halo 6 to complete the commendations. Quick solution run with a group of friends or your company. Or play arena matchmaking there's a btb in that you can do. Warzone is not the only game type in halo 5.
Pretty much this
343 has proven that farming is a statistical anomaly.
I always appreciate your feedback Viper, but that simply isn't true.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Halo 5 but 343i didn't really really "prove" anything with the statistics they used in that Community Update a few weeks ago. They posted numbers that were far too narrow in scope. When several community members tried to emphasize that, the discussion thread was locked without an explanation:

Achilles Armor has no bearing on Kill Farming .
I actually do have an accurate perspective regarding what is/isn't farming and the bottom line is that while it may be tapering off a bit now, it has happened much more often than those statistics implied.
damn achilles
lol
They just need to put parties against other parties, it still sucks though.
Run5k wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I still love Halo 5 but 343i didn't really really "prove" anything with the statistics they used in that Community Update a few weeks ago. They posted numbers that were far too narrow in scope. When several community members tried to emphasize that, the discussion thread was locked without an explanation:

I actually do have an accurate perspective regarding what is/isn't farming and the bottom line is that while it may be tapering off a bit now, it has happened much more often than those statistics implied.
Agree 343's method of analyzing farming was crap. I play mostly solo and notice that if my team of randoms cap all three bases, the big rush to kill the core doesn't happen very much. I think lot's of folks (myself included) would rather kill bosses than fling ourselves repeatedly at a well defended core base. That's probably interpreted by the other team as farming, but in reality I have a higher chance of successfully killing a boss than blowing the core. Farming is when one team ignores bosses and the core to spawn kill. Recognizing your team barely got all three bases so it's best to get some boss points isn't farming, but I see folks playing that way a lot more.
Enplosion wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
I'm sick of it.
It's ruining the game.
Why?
It's not fun.
Came back today.
What's the point?
Please, do something...

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Show

Ready up live and filthy animals have achilies have body. They're not farmers.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
I don't understand why 343 don't answer.
I don't understand why 343 don't answer.
Because they got your money (and mine) and probably spent it. Whatever crumbs they drop us now is totally up to them. The only thing at stake for them is Halo 6 sales, and after the MCC disaster we all (me included) bought Halo 5, so they can be reasonably confident we will buy Halo 6. So they pretty much can do what they want.
Well unfortunately, there really isn't much you can do about farming.
Its just a game. I mean i have encountered it many times, its anooying, but its game
Run5k wrote:

That simply isn't true, because my skewed anecdotal evidence suggests otherwise. Selection bias be damned!
Is farming still a thing?
oh yes it is.
according to 343 farming only happens 0.3% of the time. Doesnt explain why 30% of my warzone matches are me getting harvested.
When you launch a game with 12 good players, you easely have the 3 bases. Finish the party in 3 minutes isn't interesting, continue to play is a normal thing.
Do you have seen german footballers stop playing against brazil ???
No, its not interesting, but thats not the point of the game. The objective is to take out bosses and destroy the core; these "farmers" are trapping an entire team for stat increasing skirmishes. A massive reason is the introduction of the Achilles armors and such. Halo 5 didnt used to come down to this before that, now there is no way out of your base. Yes, every Halo title that has a stat reading has players dedicated to it, but this is a step too far and the games been getting more and more rage inducing. I think a great solution would be to introduce a teleporter system to warzone.
I just don't play social. Fixed the problem.
Run5k wrote:

Well, there is no reliable data on farming, then, assuming what you are saying is true (I haven't looked into the matter with any depth).

But we can't rely on anecdotes, either. It is my belief that many in this forum do not know what farming is. They simply believe farming to be when one team has 3 bases but doesn't kill the core. Sometimes killing the core isn't so easy. And some people believe farming is when players go for kills and not objectives. Which is, as any sensible person knows, not farming nor unsportsmanlike behavior.

If we did rely on anecdotes, I would just recall my own experience. I've been farmed against in ONE game. Party Up Gaming tried it and I managed to get the most kills in the game. I play a lot of Warzone solo or with 1-2 other people, probably more than most on this forum.

I don't believe farming is a problem. As I've said, I think it's a low-blow, but that's about it.
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
I'm sick of it.
It's ruining the game.
Why?
It's not fun.
Came back today.
What's the point?
Please, do something...

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Show

Please don't attack me over this but what do you mean by farming because the only farming I knew of was playing oddball by yourself on reach
erickyboo wrote:
Enplosion wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
I'm sick of it.
It's ruining the game.
Why?
It's not fun.
Came back today.
What's the point?
Please, do something...

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Show

Ready up live and filthy animals have achilies have body. They're not farmers.
Not completely true there was one member from readyuplive that I have countered that was farming and have the video evidence to prove it brought it up with some ready up Live members but I don't think any action was taken yet.
Is farming still a thing?
oh yes it is.
according to 343 farming only happens 0.3% of the time. Doesnt explain why 30% of my warzone matches are me getting harvested.
When you launch a game with 12 good players, you easely have the 3 bases. Finish the party in 3 minutes isn't interesting, continue to play is a normal thing.
Do you have seen german footballers stop playing against brazil ???
No, its not interesting, but thats not the point of the game. The objective is to take out bosses and destroy the core; these "farmers" are trapping an entire team for stat increasing skirmishes. A massive reason is the introduction of the Achilles armors and such. Halo 5 didnt used to come down to this before that, now there is no way out of your base. Yes, every Halo title that has a stat reading has players dedicated to it, but this is a step too far and the games been getting more and more rage inducing. I think a great solution would be to introduce a teleporter system to warzone.
Um, no it's not. The point of warzone is to have FUN/be interested in the game by finding the way to win the interests YOU most. That's why palmer doesnt command you to destroy the core for victory and instead gives you the three options of: Killing Bosses, Killing Spartans, and Blowing the Core. Then on to your Achilies statement it is not at all the main cause but it did give people a little more incenive or "justification" to do it. Personally I know I farmed WAYYY before Achilies came out for commendations and so fourth and now with Achilies out I don't really care to farm for it but I will(and many others) will continue farming for the heck of it if we feal like it soully because it's fun. That doesnt mean I wont kill bosses but that does mean over 400 of the points are kills. Also a teleporter situation is just plain stupid, not because im a farmer but because it could break the already broken aspects of warzone such as wall camping, spawning, and could potentially end up with the team being farmed on attempting to farm back out of spite. The way to solve this is to give 2k xp to people who early core so I feel better knowing I didnt miss out on a good opportunity.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. 19
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. ...
  9. 22