Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] 343, please tell me you're working on farming.

OP UNSCDF Guy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. ...
  8. 22
Enplosion wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
I'm sick of it.
It's ruining the game.
You can say it's not...but it is.
It has made so many streamers just stop their streams.
It has made so many people just quit.
Why?
It's not fun.
I had taken a break from Halo.
Came back today.
Got tryharded in "social" slayer...
Got farmed in warzone which is "social"
What's the point?
This game isn't fun to be farmed in.
Farming is reducing the population.
Please, do something...

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Show

Don't blame the companies farming you have to be realistic look at the commendations 343 put together to get the armor. They are basically telling companies if you want the armor your going to have to farm for it. Everyone is wanting companies that farm to be banned but why? They are only doing what needs to be done to get the commendations completed. If a company doesn't farm and just takes their time it'll take a good year or for the slower companies prob till halo 6 to complete the commendations. Quick solution run with a group of friends or your company. Or play arena matchmaking there's a btb in that you can do. Warzone is not the only game type in halo 5.
Bingo. Plaster this over the front page. Problem solved.
Run5k wrote:
343 has proven that farming is a statistical anomaly.
I always appreciate your feedback Viper, but that simply isn't true.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Halo 5 but 343i didn't really really "prove" anything with the statistics they used in that Community Update a few weeks ago. They posted numbers that were far too narrow in scope. When several community members tried to emphasize that, the discussion thread was locked without an explanation:

Achilles Armor has no bearing on Kill Farming .
I actually do have an accurate perspective regarding what is/isn't farming and the bottom line is that while it may be tapering off a bit now, it has happened much more often than those statistics implied.
Well, there is no reliable data on farming, then, assuming what you are saying is true (I haven't looked into the matter with any depth).

But we can't rely on anecdotes, either. It is my belief that many in this forum do not know what farming is. They simply believe farming to be when one team has 3 bases but doesn't kill the core. Sometimes killing the core isn't so easy. And some people believe farming is when players go for kills and not objectives. Which is, as any sensible person knows, not farming nor unsportsmanlike behavior.

If we did rely on anecdotes, I would just recall my own experience. I've been farmed against in ONE game. Party Up Gaming tried it and I managed to get the most kills in the game. I play a lot of Warzone solo or with 1-2 other people, probably more than most on this forum.

I don't believe farming is a problem. As I've said, I think it's a low-blow, but that's about it.
Well consider yourself lucky for only being farmed once out of your 575 games of War zones I have had about three to four games that I was farmed in and of course it's never fun and I only have 1030 Warzone games under my belt so I guess I'm pretty lucky too but it is a small problem that does need to be looked at.
If you are in warzone and the entire enemy team rushes your closest armory. Just quit. Easiest way to prevent farm. Its a telltale sign you are facing an entire company. As for me. I have always gone solo. Occasionally on mcc ill join up with some randoms while im inebriated on substances.
It is my belief that many in this forum do not know what farming is. They simply believe farming to be when one team has 3 bases but doesn't kill the core. Sometimes killing the core isn't so easy. And some people believe farming is when players go for kills and not objectives. Which is, as any sensible person knows, not farming nor unsportsmanlike behavior.
I would tend to agree. But it sounds like you and I have the same perspective regarding what truly defines farming, so trust me when I say I have been on the receiving end of it many times.

Yes, it is true: I am simply not good at Halo 5, but I still thoroughly enjoy the game despite a few of its notable flaws. Rather prominent on that list is the farming that has occurred within Warzone, and the Spartan Companies who adamantly defend it (while naively insisting that it isn't unsporting behavior) are just as culpable at 343i's designers when it comes to the shrinking matchmaking population.
All we need is an extra bonus incentive for destroying the core. This won't cure all farming, but should get rid of the majority of it. Personally, it's rare for me to get farmed by I can't speak for everyone.
Farming has been a part of every halo game. Play with a team
I've been farmed numerous times to a point where I don't even play warzone anymore. Companies like 'The Sauna' , 'Whiskey' , 'Osirus' are all guilty of farming. Yet they deny it. I've even messaged there leaders saying "Why do you farm?" And the response I got was "Like ur mom".
This just proves that 'most' farmers are just childish nobodies who like to ruin other peoples fun.
Is farming still a thing?
Pretty sure it's just what people say now days when they lose tbh.
Its one thing to lose at 1000 to 850 but when its 1000 t0 185 thats been farming and thats what he is talking about in this post
Do note promote cheating/griefing.

Spoiler:
Show
Are you talking about getting spawn trapped. I mean they really cant stop anyone from killing you.
Warzone is not meant to be played "solo". Keep in mind, It was created to succeed Big Team Battle as the largest firefight game type. Since previous halos, BTB has been a popular playlist for partying up with a full team with the intention to win. So its kind of understandable that some of the competitiveness would rub off on its spiritual successor. But despite that, there are certain aspects to WZ that allows itself to be considered a social playlist. One of the examples being would be how there are no bronze, silver, gold, etc. ranking system. I believe the solution to the farming issue is to not treat Warzone as a solo game from now on. If you wish to prevent farming and would like to put a fight, invite some of the people you get teamed up with to a party chat and help each other out. Communication is key. No matter who game you play. And no matter what game or system, farming is an inevitability in gaming and it is somewhat difficult to remove or fix because its technically a part of human nature, or human competitiveness. Thank you for reading.
Just report all unsportsmanlike like conduct on Xbox Live then block the offending players in your dashboard. There is more than enough time in a match to report and block the entire other team.

If enough people take the time to do this all these farming squads will only get matched against each other, which is how it should be.

You don't even have to block the full team since they're playing together. Blocking a just a few will make a difference over time in your personal matchmaking.
I'm just sitting here, still waiting for an explanation as to why farming is "unsporting".
Personally I think its just a case of "Report them enough so I don't play against them again, so I can win."
I'm just sitting here, still waiting for an explanation as to why farming is "unsporting".
Personally I think its just a case of "Report them enough so I don't play against them again, so I can win."
Running up the score in any game is unsporting behavior.

If you think otherwise, that's fine.

i just don't want to spend my limited spare time playing against someone that I consider to be ruining the game.
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
  • (A) team stomps on (B) team and rubs it in the ground= unsporting behavior.
  • overly aggressive= unsporting behavior
  • bullying= unsporting behavior
  • spawn trapping= unsporting behavior
  • team advantage= unsporting behavior
If you still can't understand why it is unsporting, I suggest you read the xbox live policy on gaming etiquette.
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
It has made so many streamers just stop their streams.
what streamers stopped streaming because of farming?
Spiteful got farmed, stopped playing warzone.
Heytred got farmed, stopped streaming.
(those were on the same day...few hours apart)
And a lot of other smaller streams were farmed...and stopped streaming.
dam.. if what you're saying is true i shouldve been there
i noticed your group The Sauna lost 53 members right after you guys got Achilles helmet. literally Half of your company. just goes to show just how many people from there only cared about the Armor.

infact we just had 2 members leave our company just because they only want Achilles. when we arent concerned about Achilles because we are a Community group not a Achilles group. they admitted to just being in here to just Use us for the armor then they would leave once they had it. only a few people in Halozone TM actually care about Achilles to grind for it everyday. and one of them had the nerve to say the rest of the Community was -Yoinking!- around and not helping when in reality we are worried about the well being of our group not some pointless armor set. the other said Achilles was the only thing keeping him on halo 5. both em them left without saying any goodbyes. its sad people like are willing to use others for their own personal gain. but they arnt as bad or worse then the farmers who are willing to ruin the Halo community and halo 5's Population for just some Armor.

Hope you guys at sauna can recover if you guys are a clan or community like us.
what is farming?
A Properly used term for something that doe's exist in halo 5
Fixed it for you.
MY GOD, SHUT THE -Yoink- UP!
Can we please have a forum that isn't just about

"UGH, 343i suck, there's no infected or...INFECTED, URRGH! There's no social playlists because people are killing me, URGH!" Halo 5 SUCKS...URGH!"
and
"OMG, I cant believe that team of communicating and skilled players who are all in a Spartan Company, as well as being in a party, beat my team of complete randoms whom I didn't even once talk to nor try any tactics with...THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!"

Guys who are complaining, this is what you sound like.
it sounds like that because you dont fully understand the issue. its not because people suck. its because this is a big problem. i 100% guarantee that those who tell others they suck would get Trashed in a 1V1 by those they say suck.
K1rbshn3r wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
K1rbshn3r wrote:
Redacted17 wrote:
Whats the difference between arena slayer and social slayer
Arena slayer has ranks, and social slayer does not have ranks.
Social slayer "doesn't have ranks".
It does actually...but we just can't see them...
Pardon the mistake. Out of all the flavors you could have been for this post, you chose salty.
and out of all the Armor's to wear. you chose Achilles. the armor of Shame.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. ...
  8. 22