Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] 343, please tell me you're working on farming.

OP UNSCDF Guy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. ...
  7. 22
Madinogi wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
It has made so many streamers just stop their streams.
what streamers stopped streaming because of farming?
Spiteful got farmed, stopped playing warzone.
Heytred got farmed, stopped streaming.
(those were on the same day...few hours apart)
And a lot of other smaller streams were farmed...and stopped streaming.
dam.. if what you're saying is true i shouldve been there
i noticed your group The Sauna lost 53 members right after you guys got Achilles helmet. literally Half of your company. just goes to show just how many people from there only cared about the Armor.

infact we just had 2 members leave our company just because they only want Achilles. when we arent concerned about Achilles because we are a Community group not a Achilles group. they admitted to just being in here to just Use us for the armor then they would leave once they had it. only a few people in Halozone TM actually care about Achilles to grind for it everyday. and one of them had the nerve to say the rest of the Community was -Yoinking!- around and not helping when in reality we are worried about the well being of our group not some pointless armor set. the other said Achilles was the only thing keeping him on halo 5. both em them left without saying any goodbyes. its sad people like are willing to use others for their own personal gain. but they arnt as bad or worse then the farmers who are willing to ruin the Halo community and halo 5's Population for just some Armor.

Hope you guys at sauna can recover if you guys are a clan or community like us.
For us, Achilles is somewhat of a big goal since it requires teamwork. But we don't go to the extremes of Kill Farming for some guy who died by taking an arrow to the calve. The community needs more companies like us, who REQ without the need to ruin multiplayer for thousands of people!
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
SpartanJ91 wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
I'm sick of it.
It's ruining the game.
You can say it's not...but it is.
It has made so many people just quit.
Why?
It's not fun.
I had taken a break from Halo.
Came back today.
Got tryharded in "social" slayer...
Got farmed in warzone which is "social"
What's the point?
This game isn't fun to be farmed in.
Farming is reducing the population.
Please, do something...
The only reason you are getting "tryharded" in social slayer is because 343 made it a feature playlist were you get more XP.

PS I hate the tryhard term, just because someone else is better than you doesn't make it a bad thing.
But there's a difference between being good...
And trying as hard as you can to give 1 player on your team all the power weapons trying to give them a perfection.
Why is this a problem? Basically this entire thread you've been trying to police how other people play the game.

If a team wants to give all power weapons to one guy so he gets a perfection, why is that a concern to you? Why not just kill that one guy?

This community's recent obsession with in game "unsportsmanlike behavior" is going too far. It's to the point where skilled players are just ridiculed by you guys, or labeled a farmer, or reported and harassed.
its clear you understand very little on this subject viper. im actually surprised being a mod you still dont understand this topic yet. but i dont mind helping you understand the topic.

People are not salty. not by a long shot. people who are getting reported for farming are the scum of the community and deserve to be called out and reported. they would rather see the game and its community burn just so they can get a Piece of Armor that the majority of the community is not going to care about or even recognize. its hurting the games population that cant be denied. so many people have quit the game already because of farming. and its not healthy for the game.

The OP isnt trying to police anybody. he wants this bad trend and behavior to stop because it doesn't benefit the game and only hurts it.
Madinogi wrote:
MY GOD, SHUT THE -Yoink- UP!
Can we please have a forum that isn't just about

"UGH, 343i suck, there's no infected or...INFECTED, URRGH! There's no social playlists because people are killing me, URGH!" Halo 5 SUCKS...URGH!"
and
"OMG, I cant believe that team of communicating and skilled players who are all in a Spartan Company, as well as being in a party, beat my team of complete randoms whom I didn't even once talk to nor try any tactics with...THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!"

Guys who are complaining, this is what you sound like.
it sounds like that because you dont fully understand the issue. its not because people suck. its because this is a big problem. i 100% guarantee that those who tell others they suck would get Trashed in a 1V1 by those they say suck.
its more of a "1st world problem " than anything else. world hunger, poverty, human right, disease, drought, natural disasters, failing your college paper. these are real problems people should be focusing on. not saying that being "farmed" isnt annoying, but there is several simple solutions to the proble such as get gud, leave, take a break from warzone, stop playing all together, play arena, be the "farming" play a different game, read a book, or even go outside and socialize.
Can you destroy your own team's core? I'd rather blow it up than feed kill farmers. It'd be a big middle finger to the other team.
Madinogi wrote:
what is farming?
A Properly used term for something that doe's exist in halo 5
Fixed it for you.
Nah, he was right the first time
Madinogi wrote:
what is farming?
A Properly used term for something that doe's exist in halo 5
Fixed it for you.
Nah, he was right the first time
oh really how?

Farming has been a big problem and has caused tons of people to quit the game for good.
Hell i find it funny that 90% of the people who are defending Farming are the exact people who do it and have the armor because they know without farming. they cant get their oh so Precious armor. even tho people like my company are making good progress. weve gotten 3 commendations counted towards the chest piece just from playing. and we arnt even focused on the armor. i guess its true. if a company like us can make good progress on the armor while not even focusing on and not farming proves that any company can get the armor in a good amount of time. ive noticed too that those who have the armor unlocked have gotten a Massive Ego boost from it.
I would think that it is a hard thing to stop without like monitoring it every second. Like it would be tricky to code a thing like that.
I'm surprised some are defending farming. Firstly if you haven't experienced it then you are very lucky, possibly you're in a region that doesn't have a lot of farmers, whatever the case it wouldn't then concern you. Just because it doesn't happen to you it doesn't mean it isn't a problem.

the current system to report players or ban repeat offenders should suffice. And by farming I mean deliberately not engaging in boss battles, ignoring the core entirely (even standing right next to it but not attacking it), and focusing solely on spawn killing.

No one can honestly say that;
"oh I love being completely unable to play the game and dying within in a second of every single spawn"

Im not a pro or a beginner when it comes to these games but proposed solutions such as "get good" isn't even an answer since no amount of skill will enable you to escape some of these circumstances. Quiting will get you banned. Doing something else or not playing ruins the entire point of being a game in the first place.

If you still defend farming then I can only say that whoever does is genuinely stupid. There is no upside besides being able to troll and annoy other players. For some this is making people want to stop playing. Does anyone legitimately think this is somehow a good thing?
I'm surprised some are defending farming.
Agreed. It is difficult to imagine why.

I have come to the conclusion that the people advocating farming are either trolling, or they have a very warped perspective regarding what is/isn't poor sportsmanship.
There not. I called out Hot Juciy Pie for farming and now I can't send messages because he's corrupt.
Madinogi wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
SpartanJ91 wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
I'm sick of it.
It's ruining the game.
You can say it's not...but it is.
It has made so many people just quit.
Why?
It's not fun.
I had taken a break from Halo.
Came back today.
Got tryharded in "social" slayer...
Got farmed in warzone which is "social"
What's the point?
This game isn't fun to be farmed in.
Farming is reducing the population.
Please, do something...
The only reason you are getting "tryharded" in social slayer is because 343 made it a feature playlist were you get more XP.

PS I hate the tryhard term, just because someone else is better than you doesn't make it a bad thing.
But there's a difference between being good...
And trying as hard as you can to give 1 player on your team all the power weapons trying to give them a perfection.
Why is this a problem? Basically this entire thread you've been trying to police how other people play the game.

If a team wants to give all power weapons to one guy so he gets a perfection, why is that a concern to you? Why not just kill that one guy?

This community's recent obsession with in game "unsportsmanlike behavior" is going too far. It's to the point where skilled players are just ridiculed by you guys, or labeled a farmer, or reported and harassed.
its clear you understand very little on this subject viper. im actually surprised being a mod you still dont understand this topic yet. but i dont mind helping you understand the topic.

People are not salty. not by a long shot. people who are getting reported for farming are the scum of the community and deserve to be called out and reported. they would rather see the game and its community burn just so they can get a Piece of Armor that the majority of the community is not going to care about or even recognize. its hurting the games population that cant be denied. so many people have quit the game already because of farming. and its not healthy for the game.

The OP isnt trying to police anybody. he wants this bad trend and behavior to stop because it doesn't benefit the game and only hurts it.
Wait.

Hold on.

As someone who has logged probably 40,000 games of Halo AT THE VERY LEAST. You are going to attempt to tell me I don't understand farming? And then you follow up with your moderator comment, implying that I somehow should side with you guys because you are vocal about it? No.

I've been a farmer.
I've been farmed.
I understand it WAY more than you know.

So let me educate YOU. People ARE salty and are definitely falsely accusing people of farming. We have people claiming they are being farmed 10 games in a row. Like... they actually believe that. So they report anyone who does moderately well. Or their entire team! It is beyond naïve to assume that everyone here on this forum (many people here are new to Halo) know what farming is. Most don't.

Farming can be broken down by one word: Intent.

You misunderstand the nature of farming if you think Achilles has ANYTHING to do with their behavior. And what's more, you must be new to Halo or were simply blind to it, but farming has always been in Halo. Always. Ever since Halo CE LAN days, farming as existed. Achilles acts as an excuse. Were it not for that, K/D boosting would be the motive, and finally, it's simply fun to stomp the hell out of a team.

So, please don't tell me I don't understand farming. The fact you think Achilles is their motive shows your ignorance on the matter. Farming existed before Achilles, it'll occur during Achilles, and it will persist after every company has it.

I can't believe you guys didn't see this coming. A 12v12 gametype, with ultra-grade weapons and vehicles, based on REQ level and energy, and you guys didn't see this coming.

Get real, man. Sorry, I don't buy this community's obsession with farming. I am not saying it's cool to do, it's a -Yoink- move, to be sure. But it's not nearly as problematic as people want to believe. It's almost to the point where the average Waypoint user has the following experience:

- Team loses their initial armory
"Farmers!!!"
-Enemy triple caps
"Farmers!!!!!!!!"
-Enemy player has 50 kills and zero boss kills
"Ugh, farmers!!!"
-Team loses
"Friggin' Farmers!!!"
-Sees someone disagrees with him on Waypoint
"Farmer!"
-Teacher/professor gives him a failing grade on test
"I hate farmers. Report them all."

I may be exaggerating, but you get the point. Witch hunt needs to stop.
Sorry, I don't buy this community's obsession with farming. I am not saying it's cool to do, it's a -Yoink- move, to be sure. But it's not nearly as problematic as people want to believe.
Viper, you raise some good points (as always), and we appreciate your feedback.

I would tend to agree that the farming problem isn't as prevalent as some of the more vocal community members make it sound. At the same time, it is still the proverbial "800-poung gorilla in the room" and it has almost certainly had a negative affect upon the online matchmaking population.

There are many community members on these forums who go to great lengths to justify their farming, and recently I have noticed some of those comments getting removed for advocating "griefing." When you combine inappropriate online behavior (a.k.a. farming) with the people who come to the Halo Waypoint forums supporting it and naively declaring that it should not qualify as an "Unsporting Behavior" report, the level-headed people will inevitably get rather fired-up.
Run5k wrote:
Sorry, I don't buy this community's obsession with farming. I am not saying it's cool to do, it's a -Yoink- move, to be sure. But it's not nearly as problematic as people want to believe.

I would tend to agree that the farming problem isn't as prevalent as some of the more vocal community members make it sound. At the same time, it is still the proverbial "800-poung gorilla in the room" and it has almost certainly had a negative affect upon the online matchmaking population.

There are many community members on these forums who go to great lengths to justify their farming, and recently I have noticed some of those comments getting removed for advocating "griefing." When you combine inappropriate online behavior (a.k.a. farming) with the people who come to the Halo Waypoint forums supporting it and naively declaring that it should not qualify as an "Unsporting Behavior" report, the level-headed people will inevitably get rather fired-up.
And you too bring up a good point. That is, the justification the farmers will attempt to throw out.

As someone who used to run with a full team and objective hold (what it used to be called), I can tell you that there really is no moral justification for it. You are either:

A) Harming someone else's gaming experience or;
B) Exploiting their ignorance of what is really going on (meaning, the player might not understand he's being messed with, and thinks the enemy team hasn't accomplished their goal because his team is holding them off).

Farmers do what they do for the same reasons any of us get a thrill whenever we get a kill in game. It makes us feel good. It makes us feel like we are better than the other team. It's just fun and psychologically rewarding.

Farmers take that to an extreme. They aggressively pound the other team into the ground. And this is where we reach our current debate... what should these players do at this point? Well, sure, the "honorable" thing would be to give the enemy team a break, whether it be from letting up a little or by finishing the game as quickly as possible. But what if they don't want to? What if their thrill isn't in winning the game, but by putting up insane numbers and getting unfrigs? What if their thrill isn't in unlocking armor pieces like Achilles, but in getting a Banshee Ultra and slaughtering people who have no hope of fighting back?

And here's what I say: Whether people here want to admit it or not, farmers are quite skilled at the game. At the very least Warzone.

They have to have a certain level of knowledge/communication that the other team just doesn't have. Am I saying farmers are the best players in the world? No. Not by a long shot. Most farmers I have seen can't even make it into Diamond without maximum effort AND a full team. The most skilled players are in Arena and Team Slayer. But they are STILL better than a random collection of people in Warzone.

And Achilles, while it was good in concept, it offers these players an excuse to do what they are doing. But I want it to be crystal clear that these people would be doing it anyway. That is a tough concept for this community to swallow.

I do not think anti-farmers really think their arguments through. Do they understand how dangerous their thinking is? They want farming to be a punishable offense, yet offer no suggestions for how you go about that. This simply means that "I can report the enemy team if they are too good!" No, that's being childish.

So, if we want to change the current system to avoid farming we have to keep in mind the following:

1. What constitutes farming? What if a team is good enough to get and hold a triple cap but can't seem to destroy the core? How will any system in the world be able to detect that?
2. How can we make this a punishable offense while at the same time making sure players don't feel like being good at the game is a crime? (This is what we are currently seeing. Player A does extremely well and is spam-reported and harassed. I.E. The WRONG way to go about things.)
3. Why should farming be a crime? Why not remove the quit ban in Warzone? It makes no sense to have a quit ban in a game with join in progress. What's more; make it so players are unable to join a game if the score margin is too wide. Meaning if I leave a game, some random guy searching alone won't get screwed over by being put in the same game.

AND/OR

4. Incentivize the farmers elsewhere. Have a hefty EXP/REQ bonus for destroying the enemy core.
5. Make a 'Mercenaries' Warzone playlist. No parties bigger than 3-4 allowed.

There's a few more, but I think you get the point.
I certainly don't think that farming should be a punishable offense, but something needs to be done to mitigate the problem, such as...
Incentivize the farmers elsewhere. Have a hefty EXP/REQ bonus for destroying the enemy core.
Definitely. I have supported this potential solution for quite some time: perhaps eight-times the normal XP/RP bonus for destroying the core under four minutes, five-times the standard bonuses for doing it under six minutes, etc.

There is no denying that prolific farmers are quite skilled at the game. I recognize that and respect their abilities quite a bit. However, when they utilize that impressive skill set to blatantly farm an inferior opponent in a Warzone game, from my perspective that definitely earns an "Unsporting Behavior" report, even though some prominent community members on these message boards seem to feel that would be a terrible injustice.
Run5k wrote:
I certainly don't think that farming should be a punishable offense, but something needs to be done to mitigate the problem, such as...
Incentivize the farmers elsewhere. Have a hefty EXP/REQ bonus for destroying the enemy core.
Definitely. I have supported this potential solution for quite some time: perhaps eight-times the normal XP/RP bonus for destroying the core under four minutes, five-times the standard bonuses for doing it under six minutes, etc.

There is no denying that prolific farmers are quite skilled at the game. I recognize that and respect their abilities quite a bit. However, when they utilize that impressive skill set to blatantly farm an inferior opponent in a Warzone game, from my perspective that definitely earns an "Unsporting Behavior" report, even though some prominent community members on these message boards seem to feel that would be a terrible injustice.
My issue with that report is there is no way to tell what's going on in-game and why the match turned out that way. If these reports keep coming up, I would imagine Microsoft would just tell 343 to implement a ranking system into WZ or a mercenary playlist like I said.
i feel like the new warzone turbo fixs the farming problem
My issue with that report is there is no way to tell what's going on in-game and why the match turned out that way. If these reports keep coming up, I would imagine Microsoft would just tell 343 to implement a ranking system into WZ or a mercenary playlist like I said.
That is a valid point. For example, it isn't as clear-cut as a scenario where you can see that someone had "x" number of betrayals during the match.

I have no doubt that some victorious players are being reported erroneously by competitors who don't really understand the Xbox Live feedback system, or even if it genuinely was farming rather than simply being over-matched by a much better team. But there seems to be a strong consensus opinion that farming qualifies as Unsporting Behavior, and those that practice it essentially proceed at their own risk.
Run5k wrote:

And you too bring up a good point. That is, the justification the farmers will attempt to throw out.

As someone who used to run with a full team and objective hold (what it used to be called), I can tell you that there really is no moral justification for it. You are either:

A) Harming someone else's gaming experience or;
B) Exploiting their ignorance of what is really going on (meaning, the player might not understand he's being messed with, and thinks the enemy team hasn't accomplished their goal because his team is holding them off).

Farmers do what they do for the same reasons any of us get a thrill whenever we get a kill in game. It makes us feel good. It makes us feel like we are better than the other team. It's just fun and psychologically rewarding.

Farmers take that to an extreme. They aggressively pound the other team into the ground. And this is where we reach our current debate... what should these players do at this point? Well, sure, the "honorable" thing would be to give the enemy team a break, whether it be from letting up a little or by finishing the game as quickly as possible. But what if they don't want to? What if their thrill isn't in winning the game, but by putting up insane numbers and getting unfrigs? What if their thrill isn't in unlocking armor pieces like Achilles, but in getting a Banshee Ultra and slaughtering people who have no hope of fighting back?

And here's what I say: Whether people here want to admit it or not, farmers are quite skilled at the game. At the very least Warzone.

They have to have a certain level of knowledge/communication that the other team just doesn't have. Am I saying farmers are the best players in the world? No. Not by a long shot. Most farmers I have seen can't even make it into Diamond without maximum effort AND a full team. The most skilled players are in Arena and Team Slayer. But they are STILL better than a random collection of people in Warzone.

And Achilles, while it was good in concept, it offers these players an excuse to do what they are doing. But I want it to be crystal clear that these people would be doing it anyway. That is a tough concept for this community to swallow.

I do not think anti-farmers really think their arguments through. Do they understand how dangerous their thinking is? They want farming to be a punishable offense, yet offer no suggestions for how you go about that. This simply means that "I can report the enemy team if they are too good!" No, that's being childish.

So, if we want to change the current system to avoid farming we have to keep in mind the following:

1. What constitutes farming? What if a team is good enough to get and hold a triple cap but can't seem to destroy the core? How will any system in the world be able to detect that?
2. How can we make this a punishable offense while at the same time making sure players don't feel like being good at the game is a crime? (This is what we are currently seeing. Player A does extremely well and is spam-reported and harassed. I.E. The WRONG way to go about things.)
3. Why should farming be a crime? Why not remove the quit ban in Warzone? It makes no sense to have a quit ban in a game with join in progress. What's more; make it so players are unable to join a game if the score margin is too wide. Meaning if I leave a game, some random guy searching alone won't get screwed over by being put in the same game.

AND/OR

4. Incentivize the farmers elsewhere. Have a hefty EXP/REQ bonus for destroying the enemy core.
5. Make a 'Mercenaries' Warzone playlist. No parties bigger than 3-4 allowed.

There's a few more, but I think you get the point.
TL:DR
farming sucks!
but achilles is cool
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. ...
  7. 22