Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] 343, please tell me you're working on farming.

OP UNSCDF Guy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. ...
  6. 22
It sucks to have it happen but just kill the other team as best you can, win or not. Not sure anything can be done or will. I doubt it, heck I was farmed by 343 employee Friday night. I lmao at that. It was still fun and you still get points. And no need to blame Achilles, I had it happen often in Halo 3 especially in BTB, they had nothing to do it for then. Better teams will stomp when they can.
i feel like the new warzone turbo fixs the farming problem
Just saying, when I saw Warzone Turbo the first thing I thought of is a 12 man party spawning in ultra banshees and gauss warthogs and trapping the other team at their homebase in 2 minutes. Take note I haven't play Warzone turbo at all because it hasn't interested me and I'm more interested in play other games cause of spawn killers
i feel like the new warzone turbo fixs the farming problem
Just saying, when I saw Warzone Turbo the first thing I thought of is a 12 man party spawning in ultra banshees and gauss warthogs and trapping the other team at their homebase in 2 minutes. Take note I haven't play Warzone turbo at all because it hasn't interested me and I'm more interested in play other games cause of spawn killers
the beautiful thing about WZT is that both teams have equal opportunities to use their high level reqs. If one team spawns a bunch of banshees the other team can counter by spawning tanks.
Is farming still a thing?
oh yes it is.
according to 343 farming only happens 0.3% of the time. Doesnt explain why 30% of my warzone matches are me getting harvested.
When you launch a game with 12 good players, you easely have the 3 bases. Finish the party in 3 minutes isn't interesting, continue to play is a normal thing.
Do you have seen german footballers stop playing against brazil ???
Holy wow you went there. That's a hilarious joke.
I got stuck in a game of assault and got spawn trapped by whiskey again. Enough already, you have the Achilles armor!
I got stuck in a game of assault and got spawn trapped by whiskey again. Enough already, you have the Achilles armor!
Nothing like padding stats.
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
UNSCDF Guy wrote:
RhysWX wrote:
Farmers are the real victims, i have been banned from playing online with other players twice because of "unsporting behavior." A far too harsh punishment just because people think im a -Yoink-
Not harsh enough :)
Agreeing with Moa here.
If you farm, you deserve to be banned in all honesty.
There are some streamers who farm fully.
Some who refuse....
But there are also some who have timed rules.
If you're just a person who farms for the full 20 mins...you deserve a ban...and to have achilles locked from you.
the best solution is to get gud or get out. cant get farmed if your the one farming. gg
Oh yes.
If I don't like something that plenty of people see as wrong...
I'll do it myself!
That makes total sense!
</sarcasm>
Yeah......um....no.
When in Rome do as the Romans do.
Run5k wrote:
Sorry, I don't buy this community's obsession with farming. I am not saying it's cool to do, it's a -Yoink- move, to be sure. But it's not nearly as problematic as people want to believe.
Viper, you raise some good points (as always), and we appreciate your feedback.

I would tend to agree that the farming problem isn't as prevalent as some of the more vocal community members make it sound. At the same time, it is still the proverbial "800-poung gorilla in the room" and it has almost certainly had a negative affect upon the online matchmaking population.

There are many community members on these forums who go to great lengths to justify their farming, and recently I have noticed some of those comments getting removed for advocating "griefing." When you combine inappropriate online behavior (a.k.a. farming) with the people who come to the Halo Waypoint forums supporting it and naively declaring that it should not qualify as an "Unsporting Behavior" report, the level-headed people will inevitably get rather fired-up.
And you too bring up a good point. That is, the justification the farmers will attempt to throw out.

As someone who used to run with a full team and objective hold (what it used to be called), I can tell you that there really is no moral justification for it. You are either:

A) Harming someone else's gaming experience or;
B) Exploiting their ignorance of what is really going on (meaning, the player might not understand he's being messed with, and thinks the enemy team hasn't accomplished their goal because his team is holding them off).

Farmers do what they do for the same reasons any of us get a thrill whenever we get a kill in game. It makes us feel good. It makes us feel like we are better than the other team. It's just fun and psychologically rewarding.

Farmers take that to an extreme. They aggressively pound the other team into the ground. And this is where we reach our current debate... what should these players do at this point? Well, sure, the "honorable" thing would be to give the enemy team a break, whether it be from letting up a little or by finishing the game as quickly as possible. But what if they don't want to? What if their thrill isn't in winning the game, but by putting up insane numbers and getting unfrigs? What if their thrill isn't in unlocking armor pieces like Achilles, but in getting a Banshee Ultra and slaughtering people who have no hope of fighting back?

And here's what I say: Whether people here want to admit it or not, farmers are quite skilled at the game. At the very least Warzone.

They have to have a certain level of knowledge/communication that the other team just doesn't have. Am I saying farmers are the best players in the world? No. Not by a long shot. Most farmers I have seen can't even make it into Diamond without maximum effort AND a full team. The most skilled players are in Arena and Team Slayer. But they are STILL better than a random collection of people in Warzone.

And Achilles, while it was good in concept, it offers these players an excuse to do what they are doing. But I want it to be crystal clear that these people would be doing it anyway. That is a tough concept for this community to swallow.

I do not think anti-farmers really think their arguments through. Do they understand how dangerous their thinking is? They want farming to be a punishable offense, yet offer no suggestions for how you go about that. This simply means that "I can report the enemy team if they are too good!" No, that's being childish.

So, if we want to change the current system to avoid farming we have to keep in mind the following:

1. What constitutes farming? What if a team is good enough to get and hold a triple cap but can't seem to destroy the core? How will any system in the world be able to detect that?
2. How can we make this a punishable offense while at the same time making sure players don't feel like being good at the game is a crime? (This is what we are currently seeing. Player A does extremely well and is spam-reported and harassed. I.E. The WRONG way to go about things.)
3. Why should farming be a crime? Why not remove the quit ban in Warzone? It makes no sense to have a quit ban in a game with join in progress. What's more; make it so players are unable to join a game if the score margin is too wide. Meaning if I leave a game, some random guy searching alone won't get screwed over by being put in the same game.

AND/OR

4. Incentivize the farmers elsewhere. Have a hefty EXP/REQ bonus for destroying the enemy core.
5. Make a 'Mercenaries' Warzone playlist. No parties bigger than 3-4 allowed.

There's a few more, but I think you get the point.
TL:DR
Quality post. If you seriously didn't read it, I highly recommend.
Nublet wrote:
Quality post. If you seriously didn't read it, I highly recommend.
Agreed. Viper Skills probably has the most objective, level-headed perspective regarding farming that I have seen on these message boards.
I hear a lot of people complain about this, but I have never been farmed. I don't know what you are talking about. I have had matches where I got my butt kicked by a better/luckier team, but they weren't farming.
What do you suggest they do?
In warzone if my team captures all three bases i don't rush in to destroy the core because thats just a kill a box for me I don't not rush in to farm i don't do it because needlessly dieing over and over is pointless hen its obvious we will win anyway.
You know social isn't "easy mode" right?
people still go there to win.
Don't act like you have nothing to do with why you're being farmed.
Honestly I just think Achilles and those "farming" to get it is just another excuse for people. People have always spawn camped if they other team is bad and that sorta stuff.
epicgoomby wrote:
People have always spawn camped if they other team is bad and that sorta stuff.
Spawn camping has a much more broad set of potential circumstances than farming does. If your team spawn kills their opponents in a 4v4 Slayer game, you are being very effective.

On the other hand, if your Warzone team triple-caps their opponents in the first few minutes of the game, then attacks their home base and has several Spartans in the enemy's core room without taking a single shot at the core itself for 15-20 minutes, that is farming/griefing as well as being overtly bad sportsmanship.
In warzone if my team captures all three bases i don't rush in to destroy the core because thats just a kill a box for me I don't not rush in to farm i don't do it because needlessly dieing over and over is pointless hen its obvious we will win anyway.
This is a concept many people don't seem to understand.
SIMPLE SOLUTION:

GET SOME FRIENDS
GIT GUD
WIN GAME
I didn't know what all thto fuss what about concerning farming until just last week. I've stopped playing warzone completely because I've lost almost every warzone match over the last week due to the other team farming. I don't I I how it happens so fast. I'm guessing because I always end up in a lobby where the enemy team is a spartan compmany. It's ruined the warzone experience for me, but it's not like 343i can really do anything about it.
MEDICVS wrote:
I didn't know what all thto fuss what about concerning farming until just last week. I've stopped playing warzone completely because I've lost almost every warzone match over the last week due to the other team farming. I don't I I how it happens so fast. I'm guessing because I always end up in a lobby where the enemy team is a spartan compmany. It's ruined the warzone experience for me, but it's not like 343i can really do anything about it.
you shouldnt blame others beacuse you have a bad time. try area, play with friends, or even.... now bare with me here.. play another game. the solutions arent rocket science.
MEDICVS wrote:
you shouldnt blame others beacuse you have a bad time. try area, play with friends, or even.... now bare with me here.. play another game. the solutions arent rocket science.
I didn't put any blame on anyone. Simply said the the experience has been ruined for me. But I enjoy arena more than warzone anyway. The only reason I play warzone more is for enemy commendations
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

Que onda!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. ...
  6. 22