Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [343 Response] Dedicated servers Eu???

OP T0XicBoB

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 98
  4. 99
  5. 100
  6. 101
  7. 102
  8. ...
  9. 238
Milki Tea wrote:
I'm from north east england and play americans all the time with absolutely no lag at all... this game is the fairest online cross atlantic fps ever...

i'm not defending 343, its just simple, blame the player not the connection. if your dieing, its because of your internet or skill. All previous halo games had terrible american advantages... this game doesnt, and i come from a usually bad place in EU for connection speeds/ping. i wish i could share your feelings, but i'd be lying... its soo much fun killing americans though nowadays! :)
For the millionth time, it's the latency we have issue with not lag, although lag can rear it's head when it's particularly bad.

I'm from the north of England and it is bad. You can play around it but that doesn't make it fair. Why should I play like a pro to beat players that are below my skill level because of connection?

I should earn and play ranks based on my skill not because of my proximity to the server compared to the Americans.

Would you say you play high ranking people in Arena? To notice the subtle differences in connection we're talking about?

If you play low level people then chances are you could be on the moon and still out play them just because of their lack of experience on the game, despite connection. But once you get to decent people then every tenth of a second counts and this is what we're talking about.
Milki Tea wrote:
I'm from north east england and play americans all the time with absolutely no lag at all... this game is the fairest online cross atlantic fps ever...

i'm not defending 343, its just simple, blame the player not the connection. if your dieing, its because of your internet or skill. All previous halo games had terrible american advantages... this game doesnt, and i come from a usually bad place in EU for connection speeds/ping. i wish i could share your feelings, but i'd be lying... its soo much fun killing americans though nowadays! :)
You must tell me what super duper Internet provider you have as they must have sorted out a delorian for time travel😀😀 it's not lag were having the problem with... it's the fact that we're playing on US servers 80 % of the time.When we have to play on the American server our information has to travel further(then back again) against a player that is local.It takes about 30 milliseconds for there info to travel to the server and it's easily 200 milliseconds for us so we're at a disadvantage pure and simple it's physics.. that's why we want selectable servers so we're all on the same one all the time and have a level playing field I hope this clears it up for you mate.
Milki Tea wrote:
I'm from north east england and play americans all the time with absolutely no lag at all... this game is the fairest online cross atlantic fps ever...

i'm not defending 343, its just simple, blame the player not the connection. if your dieing, its because of your internet or skill. All previous halo games had terrible american advantages... this game doesnt, and i come from a usually bad place in EU for connection speeds/ping. i wish i could share your feelings, but i'd be lying... its soo much fun killing americans though nowadays! :)
Sorry but you're denying facts there. Signal takes time to travel and whether you realise it or not, it affects you.
It reminds me when i use to play cs years and years ago, everyone kinda had dial up back then. i use to play with a friend all the time, he was never as good as me, but one day he got BB and he sky rocketed up the score bords and started beating me. we even tested thigns out and it was really funny how he just beat me with a pistol before i even saw him come around a corner. i didnt feel like i was lagging but i felt like i was playing against somone who was totally amazing. And thats just how h5 feels when your connected to a us server lol. We are dial up users playing againt bb or catch an old phase lpbs and its not even fair.
I can't believe there hasn't been an official response to this yet. Just a "hey we're aware of the issue and working towards a solution" would mean a lot.
I can't believe there hasn't been an official response to this yet. Just a "hey we're aware of the issue and working towards a solution" would mean a lot.
Yeah, and its not as if the solution is a very difficult one. Let us choose our server regions. Simple. I'll accept longer matching times for the sake of a better connection.
Nah they would have known about the latency in the design phase. You have to code around the latency issue to balance the playing field as much as possible, so to me it's clear they think having a 150ms ping is fine and that nobody would notice or care.

It's this assumption which concerns me about 343.
Wow is playing at this time of a day different!!!

Jeez if only it was always like this ; (
Ah I thought it was just me playing on american servers from the uk lol
I am going to stop playing H5 until this gets fixed (if it will ever get fixed). I am enjoying the game a lot but I have no interest in going to back to my dial up days of 1997. Right now this is not worth my limited gaming time.
Don't know if it was just because more people are playing during holidays but I haven't had much issues lately. We'll see if things go back to being unplayable in the evening this week.
CLWakaLaka wrote:
Don't know if it was just because more people are playing during holidays but I haven't had much issues lately. We'll see if things go back to being unplayable in the evening this week.
I would think that a lot of people have been off over the holiday period whether it's collage or work and the fact that a lot of us UK/EU players now play a lot before 6pm bst.I reckon this will change tomorrow and it will slowly start going back to the norm( I played halo for the first time in ages and ranked up after 6pm and it was the worst thing I've done in along timeafter all I shouldn't of bothered knowing what I do but that's life) what I think would be a good idea is ...start a little community between ourselves and get some custom games going that way we should get on a euro server and play the game it should be played any thoughts???
CLWakaLaka wrote:
Don't know if it was just because more people are playing during holidays but I haven't had much issues lately. We'll see if things go back to being unplayable in the evening this week.
I would think that a lot of people have been off over the holiday period whether it's collage or work and the fact that a lot of us UK/EU players now play a lot before 6pm bst.I reckon this will change tomorrow and it will slowly start going back to the norm( I played halo for the first time in ages and ranked up after 6pm and it was the worst thing I've done in along timeafter all I shouldn't of bothered knowing what I do but that's life) what I think would be a good idea is ...start a little community between ourselves and get some custom games going that way we should get on a euro server and play the game it should be played any thoughts???
Yes Sir, suggested it a while back but no response.

Low shields in Breakout? Naaah, overshield it is.
I´d love to have one of these Reqs too. You know, the shotgun that bends shots around corners and objects. I heard that baby only shipped with the US version of Halo 5 though and can´t be unlocked in the EU.
Playing as a group of 3... getting destroyed constantly by US guys.

its a shame what you did to a AAA game. you incompetence only gets toped by your -Yoinking!- ignorance.
Completely unplayable in Holiday Social playlist tonight...sniped behind cover, shotguns that one hit kill from range (takes me at least 2 shotgun shots to kill), spartan charge from behind that just knocks them off ledges (shouldn't this be an instant kill?!), and hit registration with pistol non-existent but I'm dying left, right and centre in 3-4 shots. Pathetic.
Totally unplayable again tonight.
I´d love to have one of these Reqs too. You know, the shotgun that bends shots around corners and objects. I heard that baby only shipped with the US version of Halo 5 though and can´t be unlocked in the EU.
DUDE?!?!?! Don't give them these kinds of ideas. I can see them doing it.. a bunch of US only super weapons, they'll probably call it something with the word 'patriot' in it.
I've been using a macro to send messages to recent players regarding this thread, people have responded explaining that many of their friends have completely quit Halo because of the lag. (High pings) . We are hardcore Halo fans being ignored by 343i, the casuals just move onto another game but we stay... Why? Because we love the game and want to continue playing ... only we want to play on servers that don't lag! Is that too much to ask IN 2016?!

P.S Anyone with networking knowledge can you please add me I'm working on a project why may or may not be related to this thread and I've came across a problem would you be able to party chat me and I'll explain further? Thanks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 98
  4. 99
  5. 100
  6. 101
  7. 102
  8. ...
  9. 238