Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [343 Response] Dedicated servers Eu???

OP T0XicBoB

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 136
  4. 137
  5. 138
  6. 139
  7. 140
  8. ...
  9. 238
Cool the forum team actually responded
Lethenza wrote:
wut
Lethenza wrote:
where? When?
I'm playing on EU servers and it's bad to a point it's giving me a message saying my ping is bad and might have issue's connecting to the dedicated server but I'll go play Gears and it's fine. I'll stay on Gears until this is fixed smh I usually like playing an hr of Gears and than a hr of Halo but I can't.
COGxUNSC wrote:
I'm playing on EU servers and it's bad to a point it's giving me a message saying my ping is bad and might have issue's connecting to the dedicated server but I go play Gears and it's fine. I'll stay on Gears until this is fixed smh I usually like playing an hr of Gears and than a hr of Halo but I can't.
2 of my friends face the same problem now i don't know what updates supposed to fix the game or bring more problems :/
I don't know how big the issues are for other players, but I don't have many issues with the servers. I'm from Spain (15MB ADSL) and the ratio of unplayable matches (because of servers) would be <1 per day. If I had to count every match I've played, it would result in 95% of all matches being perfectly playable, 5% lagged. So... it's not really an issue to me, but I understand the situation and how other players may have more issues with the servers, that's why I voted in the Xbox Feedback petition and I'll support the complaints on this subject.

While, as I said, it doesn't happen to me very often, when it happens it's just unplayable: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/NobleBeat/video/14237912
Wow, this is post no 2746 in this thread... unbelievable. 343 if you do read this, please let us know what you are planning to do to remedy this situation, and when you're going to do it. A lot of us are growing very impatient and feel let down by your apparent lack of concern for the problems were suffering. We like to play competitively, it's not fun to die for seemingly no reason when we have full shields.
If you're worried about losing customers due to longer matchmaking times, then don't. If the game plays well, it'll be more enjoyable for everyone. You're more likely to lose customers due to the game becoming frustrating to play, especially for newcomers. They won't understand the server issues and just thing the game is impossible, and move on to other games.
You guys should really move on already... get into a new franchise...
If you're worried about losing customers due to longer matchmaking times, then don't. If the game plays well, it'll be more enjoyable for everyone. You're more likely to lose customers due to the game becoming frustrating to play, especially for newcomers. They won't understand the server issues and just thing the game is impossible, and move on to other games.
This is spot on and it makes me feel sorry for the new players who are completely unaware of the handicap they are inflicted with in 90% of their matches, at least we are aware and can spot an EU server from a US server with our first grenade throw and what an absolutely massive difference it makes, but these unaware players who are being conned without realising makes me feel really bad about this situation. It is no wonder people gravitate towards Cod/Fifa/Gow without too much thought where the service for all regions is more respected by their developers. Whilst the EA servers are notorious for going down a lot at least when I search for a game on Fifa it is 95% against a European player, and that's all that matters. Cod4 in 2007 for god's sake would put me very quickly into UK/EU lobbies with full green bar connection pretty much all of the time.

This US-centric Halo should not have even been sold in Europe if this was the planned online service, it's totally -Yoinked!-.
SQU1FFY v2 wrote:
Good news everybody, I've just heard back from my MEP. She is not dismissing this situation but is looking into it with her colleagues, once she knows the best course of action to take she will act upon it. I urge you now to contact your own MEP and raise this issue, if we can make enough noise we may be able to force 343's hand and have them at least respond to us direct, at best implement regional server options on a global scale. I'm sorry it has had to come to this but 343 you left us with no other option.
Dont be sorry, were up against a group of ignorant imbeciles that dont seem 'sorry' when they blatantly ignore the people that pay towards supporting their studio and jobs
NobleBeat wrote:
I don't know how big the issues are for other players, but I don't have many issues with the servers. I'm from Spain (15MB ADSL) and the ratio of unplayable matches (because of servers) would be <1 per day. If I had to count every match I've played, it would result in 95% of all matches being perfectly playable, 5% lagged. So... it's not really an issue to me, but I understand the situation and how other players may have more issues with the servers, that's why I voted in the Xbox Feedback petition and I'll support the complaints on this subject.

While, as I said, it doesn't happen to me very often, when it happens it's just unplayable: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/NobleBeat/video/14237912
To be fair, you played 4 games of Breakout yesterday and then nothing since the 9th Jan. This problem is getting worse as time goes on. I didn't realise there was a problem during the preseason because there were enough Europeans playing that finding a local game was quick and easy.

I'm not getting at you personally NobleBeat but people who post in this thread saying all is OK are undermining everything a lot of us have been putting up with in this game for so long now. Anyone in Europe who hasn't experienced problems are either very lucky, don't play enough, or aren't recognising the symptoms. I don't often see noticeable lag/people teleporting etc (though it does happen), often the only sign is a sudden, unexplained inability to kill anyone from one game to the next.
NobleBeat wrote:

To be fair, you played 4 games of Breakout yesterday and then nothing since the 9th Jan. This problem is getting worse as time goes on. I didn't realise there was a problem during the preseason because there were enough Europeans playing that finding a local game was quick and easy.

I'm not getting at you personally NobleBeat but people who post in this thread saying all is OK are undermining everything a lot of us have been putting up with in this game for so long now. Anyone in Europe who hasn't experienced problems are either very lucky, don't play enough, or aren't recognising the symptoms. I don't often see noticeable lag/people teleporting etc (though it does happen), often the only sign is a sudden, unexplained inability to kill anyone from one game to the next.
Hes playing at gold/plat level, much more noticeable against higher ranks.
M4T wrote:
NobleBeat wrote:

Hes playing at gold/plat level, much more noticeable against higher ranks.
Yep basically if you're playing against an average player (who doesn't miss his shots often), then you will die quickly in what appears on your screen to be 3 or less BR shots when in fact that player saw you first and got off his first shot before you even if you think you shot first. This equates to a faster than normal death at the hands of latency. If you're playing against a poor player (with poor aim) then you still have a fighting chance of getting the kill which is what you will find at lower levels. Its also more noticeable in Arena where you have more 1v1 situations...or even in Warzone when you're firing 5 or 6 shots into an opponent out in the open on Arc and he just skills merrily away into Garage.
Lol. Played a warzone match. There was one player always meleeing me from 3mt distance (without the sword, just normal AR melee)

Ridiculous
NobleBeat wrote:

I think there's probably 2 types of network problem. One being poor quality, such as high jitter or packet loss. This could be caused by things like a congested wifi network, people using bittorrent on your network, weak wifi signal etc, and would be the probably cause of things like teleporting.

However, most of us here seem to have our side of the network taken care of, by using a wired connection, paying for a decent fibre optic connection etc. But we're experiencing another type of problem, we simply have a high ping time due to connecting to a distant server. This means the people closest to the server have a significant advantage against us, and seem a lot tougher to kill. We get less warning when they shoot us, essentially giving them a shot or two for free. And our shots often miss, even though they're on target at our end. The result is that we kill less and die more, and the game is less fun.
Additional Content/Functionality:
<ul class="bbcode_list">
  • Multiplayer modes added to the Tatooine Survival map (Blast, Droid Run, Hero Hunt, Heroes vs Villains, Drop Zone)
  • Hoth Luke Skywalker skin added
  • Hoth Han Solo skin added
  • Private match functionality added
  • Daily challenges added
  • Setting for actively choosing server site added
  • [/list]Star Wars Battle Front well done EA you actually listen to people.
    A lot of people complaining about server location are actually probably their own poor connection to said servers. I'm in the UK and I don't notice any problems in playing on US servers, which considering I play almost exclusively with US/Canada players is surprising.

I've hit onyx in both arena and slayer and the connection doesn't affect my game at all. Sure I get the occasional player lagging but it's noticeable for every player on my team (including those in NA), so it's far more likely to be that one player's connection to the server than the server itself.
    monitor EU wrote:
    A lot of people complaining about server location are actually experiencing their own connection to said servers. I'm in the UK and I don't notice any problems in playing on US servers, which considering I play almost exclusively with US/Canada players is surprising.

I've hit onyx in both arena and slayer and the connection doesn't affect my game at all. Sure I get the occasional player lagging but it's noticeable for every player on my team (including those in NA), so it's far more likely to be that one player's connection to the server than the server itself.
    This is the wrong answer. Just because you may not experience issues doesn't mean that others don't.
    Denying that you're at a disadvantage, no matter how good your connection is, playing on a US server 5000 miles away with Americans is plain wrong. You might not notice it personally, but it's there.
    Denying that you're at a disadvantage, no matter how good your connection is, playing on a US server 5000 miles away with Americans is plain wrong. You might not notice it personally, but it's there.
    If I don't notice it personally then it's not affecting me, that's exactly my point. I might be dropping 1 in 60 frames but that doesn't affect my game at all.
    1. 1
    2. ...
    3. 136
    4. 137
    5. 138
    6. 139
    7. 140
    8. ...
    9. 238