Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [343 Response] Dedicated servers Eu???

OP T0XicBoB

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 195
  4. 196
  5. 197
  6. 198
  7. 199
  8. ...
  9. 238
Logipuh wrote:
I made a new thread on Halo reddit regarding server issues for EU players. 343 are listening to threads on Reddit, so comment and upvote the thread so 343 will see it.
Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4dwahg/huge_server_issues_for_eu_players_make_region/
Everyone please upvote and comment, posts with comments tend to get more attention! i've posted this past week and they've been ignored or downvoted so Unyshek or Bravo can't see them. So please make an account and upvote!
Logipuh wrote:
I made a new thread on Halo reddit regarding server issues for EU players. 343 are listening to threads on Reddit, so comment and upvote the thread so 343 will see it.
Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/4dwahg/huge_server_issues_for_eu_players_make_region/
That post is the most reasonable one i've ever read about this delicate argument.
Just upvoted and commented. I really hope 343 will read it.
Thank you :). Let's hope 343 also can agree with the post.
I imagine that there is a worker in 343 with a lever to lock unlock region. The problem is the network code. How the match is performed. You not even need to block servers zones. It is not difficult to find out the latency of the player and select others with a similar latency. If after a while no match is achieved it is opening latency tolerance. Thus matching the best conditions are obtained. It has always been done this way or similarly both P2P and dedicated servers. So, in my opinion, it's not about servers but debugging network code. thanks and apologies.
Server selection, 343.
WWWHHHAAATTTTT
Logipuh wrote:
Well played, I've just left a comment. Got to be wary of Reddit tho, some good people on there no doubt who want the best for Halo but there's a large contingent of those who prefer to live in denial about any problems with the game and will likely downvote stuff like this.
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Unlikely kid.

What playlists do you play? Seeing your best ever is a Diamond 2, have you ever thought maybe you're just pretty average?
Boyd lad I know you're probably just trolling people here but there's been plenty of higher Onyx's than you posting in this thread and even Champions who would also like to give you the proverbial middle finger too for living in denial about US host being a rubbish experience compared to EU host so please don't start getting on your high horse with a 1539 Onyx in FFA. Thankyou x
Logipuh wrote:
Logipuh wrote:
That post is the most reasonable one i've ever read about this delicate argument.
Just upvoted and commented. I really hope 343 will read it.
Thank you :). Let's hope 343 also can agree with the post.
i went in and upvoted. thx for the thread.
Ok, right now this is a joke.
Match, where I wasted whole magazine on a single enemy, headshots and bodyshots +melee and GUESS WHAT - HIS SHIELDS DIDN'T GO EVEN DOWN.
HAHAHHAHA
Also +teleporting enemies YAY.
Went in and registered to reddit and up voted. Hopefully something good comes from it. Even a reply from someone at 343 world be nice.

Going to get real drunk tonight and play. See if that funs this game up again :)
Look facts are facts i am connecting to west coast servers thats like 170ms minimum without lag. Region selection needs implementing ASAP.
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Load of games on my 2 down and 0.5 up yesterday and smashed it on the whole... a few questionable moments but that is online gaming, it's worth it for playing with a bigger player base.

Middle finger to those making a mountain of a mole hill.
Once you move up the ranks, you'll notice.
Don't know what happening, but it seems that region lock returned. I' m playing now and all my matches are on the same server, that i ping 40 ms from italy. It is located on east us coast, but it will be a eu mislocated server on netduma, beacause i'm pinging it 40 ms.
Collet005 wrote:
Don't know what happening, but it seems that region lock returned. I' m playing now and all my matches are on the same server, that i ping 40 ms from italy. It is located on east us coast, but it will be a eu mislocated server on netduma, beacause i'm pinging it 40 ms.
I really hope this is true.
343....seriously. Its been 6 months. Get your -Yoink- together.
I'm still getting Americans in FFA unfortunately and it's awful. In a few hours play I've literally recorded more clips of BS than i have in the 2 months of region lock.

It's stretches the definition of "a game" when it's this unfair.
Tetsjin wrote:
It's stretches the definition of "a game" when it's this unfair.
Qft

Basically we've got two options now:

-Get destroyed cuz of lag
-Or leave and get banned

Gg.
It's just ridiculous....its such a huge disadvantage.

How can that be ok?

I just don't get it...
I started up a game for the first time in about 4 days. First thing I heard was an English guy talking. To me, that was great. That meant that it might be a European server.... it wasn't. As soon as I spawned, I threw a grenade. The delay made me want to cry. Needless to say, I quit.

I don't enjoy adding to the negativity. I usually try to stay as positive as possible. But when I can't play the only game I truly enjoy, it's a little difficult.

The latency issues are comparable to that of Halo 3's (Halo 3 was still amazing, though - my favourite game).
Tintreg wrote:
Collet005 wrote:
I can confirm that today i am still playing 100% of the matches on eu server, verified with netduma
Collet005 wrote:
Tintreg wrote:
Collet005 wrote:
I can confirm that today i am still playing 100% of the matches on eu server, verified with netduma
wooot my dreams come tru
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 195
  4. 196
  5. 197
  6. 198
  7. 199
  8. ...
  9. 238