Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [343 Response] Dedicated servers Eu???

OP T0XicBoB

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 196
  4. 197
  5. 198
  6. 199
  7. 200
  8. ...
  9. 238
S Monki wrote:
Collet005 wrote:
Tintreg wrote:
Collet005 wrote:
Don't know what happening, but it seems that region lock returned. I' m playing now and all my matches are on the same server, that i ping 40 ms from italy. It is located on east us coast, but it will be a eu mislocated server on netduma, beacause i'm pinging it 40 ms.
I really hope this is true.
I can confirm that today i am still playing 100% of the matches on eu server, verified with netduma
wooot my dreams come tru
I would not get your hopes up just yet I checked last night after Collet005 posted and I was still getting US servers, Will be checking again later when xbox live is working.
I do hope it is true that we are back on EU north.
Region lock is not back. Still the same lag. 10 headshots to kill an one-shot-guy. Hit-reg is delayed etc. It will be back on when all of the Eu-players makes a stand, but untill then...
lastbyte01 wrote:
S Monki wrote:
Collet005 wrote:
Tintreg wrote:
Collet005 wrote:
Don't know what happening, but it seems that region lock returned. I' m playing now and all my matches are on the same server, that i ping 40 ms from italy. It is located on east us coast, but it will be a eu mislocated server on netduma, beacause i'm pinging it 40 ms.
I can confirm that today i am still playing 100% of the matches on eu server, verified with netduma
wooot my dreams come tru
I would not get your hopes up just yet I checked last night after Collet005 posted and I was still getting US servers, Will be checking again later when xbox live is working.
I checked yesterday night and this afternoon, and all servers were eu, even some mislocated servers in usa (ping 45 ms). Talking about quality i was having issue even in those servers (hit registration)
There's no way I was on EU servers this morning, it was a miserable experience. I suppose that at this time in the morning, there's still a ton of US players on. I was playing at about 7:30-8:30AM, which is about 10:30PM-3:30AM over there depending on the time zone. Tons of American voices in the games, both in Arena an Warzone. I don't have a Netduma, but it doesn't take a genius to know when I'm in a room full of Americans.

And all the tell tale signs of lag were there, it was pure hell. It's ruining the fun for me, as the game just doesn't work properly. I get literally no warning when I'm being shot, suddenly I'm dead. That doesn't happen on an EU server, if someone gets the drop on me I still have a fighting chance. Not on a US server, it's already too late because they've had a free shot or two before it's even registered my end. Unless they're terrible shots... but seeing as how we get matched up to our CSR level, that doesn't happen very often.

343 please give us a choice. Prefer fast matchmaking, for the people who just want to get a game. And prefer good connection, for those of us who want to actually enjoy the game. Some people seem to be perfectly content with playing a broken game at a huge disadvantage, but I'm not. Some people can't even feel the lag, personally I'd be embarrassed to admit that.

Personally, my punishment to 343 is to boycott them completely now. This has gone on for far too long for them ever to be able to make amends. The constant trickle of crappy updates continues, with new doodles to slap on our guns, new weapons with slightly tweaked parameters like less recoil or something, a few new vehicles etc. But still the core game remains broken, which is literally the most important thing! Even if it gets fixed now, they've lost my confidence completely. When Halo 6 comes out, it'll be a second hand copy for me... if it gets great reviews.
Collet005 wrote:
lastbyte01 wrote:
S Monki wrote:
Collet005 wrote:
Tintreg wrote:
Collet005 wrote:
wooot my dreams come tru
I checked yesterday night and this afternoon, and all servers were eu, even some mislocated servers in usa (ping 45 ms). Talking about quality i was having issue even in those servers (hit registration)
Were you playing solo? Or in a party with UK or EU players?
UK & Ireland players seem to have it better than mainland EU players... Dedicated EU servers would be a dream come true for millions.
German here. I barely touched Halo 5 for the last week because it puts me on US severs 90% of the time.

343 please fix this! H5 is the best MP experience I had in a long time. Ruined with little patch.
UK & Ireland players seem to have it better than mainland EU players... Dedicated EU servers would be a dream come true for millions.
Your kidding right? I'm in the UK and its awful. i don't have a netduma so don't know where I'm pinging to, but had 4 games this morning and they were pretty bad particularly my last game, people teleporting, dropping me with what seems like two pistol shots, grenades are like nukes, no aim assist.. no one seems to have their location on their gamer cards anymore and no-one really talks either so don't know if I'm on eu or what.
The 110th wrote:
Your kidding right? I'm in the UK and its awful. i don't have a netduma so don't know where I'm pinging to, but had 4 games this morning and they were pretty bad particularly my last game, people teleporting, dropping me with what seems like two pistol shots, grenades are like nukes, no aim assist.. no one seems to have their location on their gamer cards anymore and no-one really talks either so don't know if I'm on eu or what.
It's been mostly US for me today. Terrible games all morning.

Coming up to the 200th page, several months into the thread. Still no fix, no update, nothing.
Like pissing in the wind posting on here. I'd suggest everyone that posts here follows the reddit links giving a few pages back and posts there as well as any other unofficial site that has traction. Why? Because clearly the only people here have handed over our cash already and well only halo players are reading it. Do I believe it will make a difference? Not really, but at least none halo players will see how 343 treats it's customers as far as replies go, and if it tries to sell a cross platform game it won't have a whole line of new suckers to hand them their cash
This is how Arena and Warzone looks like. AMAZING! F*** amazing!
This is pretty much why I *never* use any REQs, Needlers, Railguns, etc.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/CommanderPaImer/video/16480481

PS. It was the SUPER Needler I found just moment ago, took from enemy I killed
IMO, the problem is hard to solve unless they give us the option or something.

Region locked servers - games hard to find, unless you're playing in the evening, other times of the day/night - won't find anything. Gameplay is ok, there is some lag, rarely teleports, shooting through walls, etc.

NO region lock - games found instantly, however enemy Spartans have powers we don't have - their shields don't go down even with us shooting whole magazine at them, melees don't work, they got special armor that allows them to teleport. In Halo FPS game - often unplayable

Even if they give us the option of choosing the servers, the issue isn't solved.
Even through the time where the servers have been region locked, many many people reported the same issues, just they weren't so severe that you still tried to enjoy the game.
So yeah, even with region lock, there were issues and problems...
The ultimate solution would be something else, because giving us the option of choosing servers is just half-solution.

Region locked servers - games hard to find, unless you're playing in the evening, other times of the day/night - won't find anything. Gameplay is ok, there is some lag, rarely teleports, shooting through walls, etc.

NO region lock - games found instantly, however enemy Spartans have powers we don't have - their shields don't go down even with us shooting whole magazine at them, melees don't work, they got special armor that allows them to teleport. In Halo FPS game - often unplayable

Even if they give us the option of choosing the servers, the issue isn't solved.
Even through the time where the servers have been region locked, many many people reported the same issues, just they weren't so severe that you still tried to enjoy the game.
The ultimate solution would be something else, because giving us the option of choosing servers is just half-solution.
Would still rather have the region lock though until they can sort something out...if they ever sort something out

Yeah this game is a -Yoinking!- joke.. Im getting really tired of garbage like that all games.
The 110th wrote:

Would still rather have the region lock though until they can sort something out...if they ever sort something out
I had a lot worse internet when I was playing Halo 4 and NEVER had ANY issues with Halo 4.
To be honest I had less issues with MCC, never really complained about it, but I didn't play too much multiplayer, just some ocasional Halo 4 matches.
Halo 5 servers are a disaster while the game is so amazing. Halo 5 multiplayer was promising and could have been the best multiplayer... if it wasn't for the servers and the issues.
It's over 6 months after the release. They didn't fix anything so I don't think they ever will. Many, many people already walked away.

I've experienced issues similar to this every game since the removal of region lock.

It's impossible to play the game in its current state (unless you're super lucky and connect to servers close to you).
Italy here. Today I was able to rank up from diamond 4 to onyx in team slayer.
Some games with a bit of latency but nothing unseen even with region lock.
After more than a week without it I can say that nothing is change on connection side for me, same issues experienced even on region locked servers.
The positive thing: now I'm able to find games any time without stupid "unable to match" messages.
The games became unplayable for European players who have a small connection.

Yeah this game is a -Yoinking!- joke.. Im getting really tired of garbage like that all games.
OMG! That clip is hilarious. No doubt some people here will try to say your aim was off or some other nonsense... sigh. If that clip doesn't show how broken this game is, nothing will.
Italy here. Today I was able to rank up from diamond 4 to onyx in team slayer.
Some games with a bit of latency but nothing unseen even with region lock.
After more than a week without it I can say that nothing is change on connection side for me, same issues experienced even on region locked servers.
The positive thing: now I'm able to find games any time without stupid "unable to match" messages.
Same here. I was experiencing issues with region lock as well, but now we can play matches instead of just searching and waiting for them.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 196
  4. 197
  5. 198
  6. 199
  7. 200
  8. ...
  9. 238