Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [343 Response] Dedicated servers Eu???

OP T0XicBoB

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 238
Same problem here. I Keep hearing Americans in my game and I'm from the UK! Halo 5 needs regional dedicated servers, it is not acceptable that I have to play with Americans. Having to connect even to the best type scenario, i.e. East Coast servers, puts UK players at a distinct disadvantage. Failing that they are joining UK servers and skipping about the screen. Fix it please 343.
Agree this is a huge issue which I thought was being sorted out for this game.

After playing a few evenings worth you get the feeling you understand when people should be dying with what weapons etc

Played 8 games tonight of slayer in which every game was against americans and canadians. the advantage they get in a game where the weapons are so powerful and the player movement is so quick, it makes it impossible to get a fair result.

Needs addressing
nekrulz wrote:
I'm from austria and I have not experienced any serious lag (like in H4) so far.
The problem is high pings to US servers making shot connections nigh impossible.

They seem to only care about their American playerbase; there's not enough dedicated European servers for us it seems. I'll have to sell this game if they don't region lock Arena. I don't want to sell it because it's such a good game, but a 300 ms ping to the US is pathetic. Why won't they lock the regions for Arena? Why won't they give Europe dedicated servers of its own?

I have only ever played with Americans despite being in England.

I'll do some research, and if I find that they promised server selection, I'll let everyone know. Come on, 343. You could be the best dev if you consider these things.
I'd like 343 to clarify why this is happening & what solutions they are going to put in place, this seems like a pretty big issue, all customers should get the same treatment.
Right. Just did a bit of digging, and yes, selectable data centres were promised, and there isn't any. I'd like someone to clarify why we don't have this option.
Eu player hear and it's miserable, I thought dedicated servers was going to be the pinnacle of online gaming. Not so
here*
Yea i got this too. What i noticed with my Netduma Router is that the pvp servers are all located in the US. I only got coop matches on the EU Servers. I tested this yesterday with some of my friends.This matchmaking/server situation is totally -Yoink- and 343/Microsoft gives a flying fffffuck about the EU players. They got server farms on the west coast, center of america and on the east coast - one is located in brazil, and two are in the EU. Two are located at Australia and 3 in asia. I think they did this to save some bucks because coop would be awful for people to play with lag so the few coop games are hosted near your location - but pvp is US only as far that i can tell. 343 have to fix this crap

-> Screenshot from the netduma: http://s22.postimg.org/n1xuiezht/image.png
Yea i got this too. What i noticed with my Netduma Router is that the pvp servers are all located in the US. I only got coop matches on the EU Servers. I tested this yesterday with some of my friends.This matchmaking/server situation is totally -Yoink- and 343/Microsoft gives a flying fffffuck about the EU players. They got server farms on the west coast, center of america and on the east coast - one is located in brazil, and two are in the EU. Two are located at Australia and 3 in asia. I think they did this to save some bucks because coop would be awful for people to play with lag so the few coop games are hosted near your location - but pvp is US only as far that i can tell. 343 have to fix this crap - i will make a separate post about this with screenshots and more proof in the near future if they didn't bring a statement on fixing this -Yoink-.
That's interesting, indeed.
Yea its f0cked up and a shame. My copy of Blackops is ordered - i don't like it - but i want a good pvp game that i can play with a good amount of people. and the bitter truth is that only call of duty and battlefield can deliver this experience on the xbox console right now.
pvp is only hosted on us SERVERS - this is freaking insane. this is pure capitalism. Even when i start a own game its hosted in central america. NO PVP IN EUROPE OR THE REST OF THE WORLD! http://s22.postimg.org/n1xuiezht/image.png <- Serverfarm locations

http://s14.postimg.org/qvulu7ivl/image.png<- here you see where "my server" is located. im from germany and my own game is hosted in america. THIS IS BULLCRAP
I agree. This was addressed during and after the beta, 343 responsed and said they would have selectable servers like titanfall in the full game.11 months later and it's missing.
*accidental post*
Cheers for all the response peeps.

Im an old school gamer have been for years (I Am 45). I own a gaming laptop ps4 and xbox one.

I have played halo in the past and although im more of a FPS pc player with keyboard and mouse (CS League player in 90s lol) i can hold my own on controller in game like cod and titanfall.

Although the aim seems borked in H5 I too can defo tell when im in with more EU players than USA players even if the servers are USA hosted.

I dont see any other reason for me coming out one game in top 5 in my team with 20+ kills and some assists to coming out the next 2-3 games with 0 kills and 20+ assists other than when with EU players they drop as im more on equal latency and with Americans i am 200-300ms so therefore they have the latency advantage.

I jumped on tonight for a wee blast and watched when i was shooting at people and even got my wife to see what was happening as she is going nuts at me shouting at my screen like a loon.

People were actually PRE aiming at me coming around corners and pre shooting at me when on my screen im stil otu of sight but on there screen they could see me with there 1-3sec advantage.

I will not be playing this anymore online and i am looking forward to Fallout 4 and Star Wars BF now.

If they get Dedis and a menu to chose like Titanfall ill come back.

HF all and hope this improves.
I suppose we'll see if 343 resolve this in the future.
pvp is only hosted on us SERVERS - this is freaking insane. this is pure capitalism. Even when i start a own game its hosted in central america. NO PVP IN EUROPE OR THE REST OF THE WORLD!

http://s22.postimg.org/n1xuiezht/image.png <- here you see where "my server" is located. im from germany and my own game is hosted in america. THIS IS BULLCRAP
Absolutely shocking, they're literally giving the middle finger to anyone who isn't from north america. Playing ''ranked'' as a European vs americans on their host is a joke. I noticed the first 2 days of playing that every game I played was filled with americans, even in the middle of the day european time.

I've played console fps since 2009 and not a single other game I'e played would consistently match me vs Americans, unless I played in the middle of the night and no europeans were online. Unbelieveable that they would screw over a large part of their consumer base like this. I really hope more people start to notice and this gets more attention because I honestly feel a bit robbed. Releasing a competitive game but making everyone play on a us server, against americans, unbelieveable for a 2015 game.
pvp is only hosted on us SERVERS - this is freaking insane. this is pure capitalism. Even when i start a own game its hosted in central america. NO PVP IN EUROPE OR THE REST OF THE WORLD!

http://s22.postimg.org/n1xuiezht/image.png <- here you see where "my server" is located. im from germany and my own game is hosted in america. THIS IS BULLCRAP
Absolutely shocking, they're literally giving the middle finger to anyone who isn't from north america. Playing ''ranked'' as a European vs americans on their host is a joke. I noticed the first 2 days of playing that every game I played was filled with americans, even in the middle of the day european time.

I've played console fps since 2009 and not a single other game I'e played would consistently match me vs Americans, unless I played in the middle of the night and no europeans were online. Unbelieveable that they would screw over a large part of their consumer base like this. I really hope more people start to notice and this gets more attention because I honestly feel a bit robbed. Releasing a competitive game but making everyone play on a us server, against americans, unbelieveable for a 2015 game.
Absolutely and i think we have to make this more public -> twitter facebook and all that - this could be a major bug or a business decision they made - either way they will never give us a statement on this unless we force them to do so. -> always get connected to the wescoast or the to the centered US Servers -> http://s14.postimg.org/qvulu7ivl/image.png
Being from the UK, It is certainly not fun playing against people outside your country/continent especially when you're shots are not registering or being killed around corners.

If you're not from the US then 343 couldn't give a monkeys about you.
I have been keeping track of the servers that exist on my Netduma router.
On launch day there was an EU server somewhere near Amsterdam that was active, I had a much better experience on that server, after launch day it seemed to disappear.
These are the servers I have been connecting to since then:
One right in the centre of the US.
One in Seattle (8 times out of 10 I connect to this one).
One in Antarctica! wtf? (I actually get connected to this one sometimes).
There is one dead centre of Australia.
Obviously pings are extremely high to any of these from the UK, I really hope they are going to address this.
I heard there was some kind of temporary server outage for about 20 minutes sometime after launch, wondering they had to take some servers offline to resolve this?
Like 1% of the games feel great but 90 % of them lag realy realy realy hard.

right now i am in a game of team arena and the mode is breakout and i see people warping all over the place.
My team m8 was walking behind me and out of nowhere he was in front ....

plz fix eu servers
I've been posting about this on these forums, on reddit and hitting Bravo, Halo and Josh Holmes on twitter. All I'm getting is a wall of silence, we need to keep this post alive or we're never getting our own servers or Data center choice.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 238