Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [343 Response] Dedicated servers Eu???

OP T0XicBoB

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 198
  4. 199
  5. 200
  6. 201
  7. 202
  8. ...
  9. 238
M4T wrote:
Jimbo and co are professionals, they get paid whilst streaming. Its in their interests to get games, no games = no money. They can handle a bit of latency but for the casual gamers that cant play/practice 8 hours a day 200ms ping isnt good enough.
You said 1000s are happy without the lock, Wheres the 200 page thread for that one?
Nearly 200 you mean :P
We can do it!
E: The irony
M4T wrote:
You said 1000s are happy without the lock, Wheres the 200 page thread for that one?
Exactly!
Fix this you incompetent idi***
Hi all...I'm back from my ban *waves at snickerdoodledoo* ;)
SBFC Boyd wrote:
SBFC Boyd wrote:
Bleating on? Supposed handicap? Are you trolling? Seem to be... or do you not even have the most basic understanding of science? Didn't you know that signals take time to travel? Lol!
Alternatively, if you understand they take time to travel, why are you complaining about it?

Ultimately it's a video game, don't like it, go and play something else in the knowledge that there are 1000s happy to play with Americans despite the disadvantage.

I say supposed handicap because some of the best FFA players are Brits who seems to be doing well for themselves even though you see the disadvantages they have when you watch their streams.

If those who are good enough to make a full time living off of it don't want region lock, surely that's enough to tell you the advantage isn't insurmountable.
I've said it many times, I shouldn't have to be an EU pro to beat average Americans. An average EU player should have a fair and fighting chance at beating a similar ranked American. But there's an offset because of the latency.

Yeah jimbo does amazing and plays around the latency, he also puts in the 50-60+ hours a week to get that good. 99% of us can't, but that's why there's a ranking system, so we play people of similar ability but our abilities are curtailed by the connection, it's no longer like for like.

They're good enough to make a full time living off it because of exactly that reason, it's their 9-5 job, literally. They don't want region lock because as someone else mentioned, it's their living. No games = no money.

I'll be first to admit, there's a lot of exaggeration on here, skill often runs out before latency makes a difference. I play myself despite the connection discrepancies and do "ok" but it's frustrating to the point of anger and others sometimes exaggerated claims on here are just the result of those frustrations. Unnecessary frustrations because this could be solved with a choice given to the players of fast vs good connection.

tl;dr - "Get good" is not the solution.
I had a good start to yesterday's arena. Think 2-4 first games was on EU servers had good games, and teamed up with a UK gamer (Denmark myself) and then it started to go downhill. US servers for sure, US accent on the 2 team mates and all the sponging, teleporting started. We lost those games ofc 2-3 of them. Proceeded to get DC from our 2 last games got banned (both of us) and lost 1,5 rank from the DC's.

Who In their right mind thinks this is good/fair gameplay for EU players.

competetive my -Yoink-. Stable servers my -Yoink-. Flagship game my -Yoink-.

Well even Xbox live screen puts minecraft avatar in front of master chief, go figure!
US servers are back for me too.
Another day of absurd game ...

About what you speak of Americans, Europeans, etc. I've been playing Halo for many years and have played with all kinds of teams. I've always had a good time. America has always had some advantage but everything worked fairly well, but failed some games was more or less stable and testing, for example, it is in my profile Halo 4.

I do not know what happens with Halo 5, do not know if latency, servers or what it is, and as a buyer of the game, I do not care, but it's a disaster. An unstable game of a match to another. In a feel that you are yourself playing and the next is an accumulation of failures, stray bullets, senseless deaths and games lost by a huge difference that does not correspond to the experience of the players.

Not win or lose, it is not America or Europe, is fun and this Halo 5 works terribly wrong and it stops being fun.

There is no excuse, any other multiplayer game works better than Halo 5, even other Halo, works better than Halo 5.

343, you have done a great game that works very badly. Fix it.
K0NSPIRACY wrote:
Hi all...I'm back from my ban *waves at snickerdoodledoo* ;)
Im back 3 days ago.. n.n
Low pop=Long search time
No Region=Low Pop with Lag.

Halo 5 is on the edge..343 is amatures at its best..
Sorry but you guys are just pissing in the wind posting here 6 months later 200 pages, not one reply. Do you really believe they are going to spring to life now? It's all about damage limitation to them now, not solving the problem. And I intend to damage the -Yoinks!- rep and MS as much as possible after it has took me for a absolute mug, with this game and service and that will not be achieved here. I won't mind if this flagship or is it flagshit game could give me some cash back but even the trade in won't give me double digits and that was 3 months ago. That's the only reason most are hanging on to the piece of -Yoink-, just living in hope -Yoink- 343 and MS
Fix it ffs
I've been playing a lot of SWAT in the last week (in which I was some what unjustifiably banned from posting on here) and the majority of games are literally unplayable if playing the game in the way that it was meant to be played. I intentionally lost my placement games to rank low in order to grind certain commendations...I have to admit that it was the most fun I've had playing Halo in a long time as I was playing without a care in the world for my KD or W/L ratio...however, I noticed that the latency and lag when playing has been absolutely ridiculous (being killed at ridiculously impossible speeds, no hit registration, shot round corners or players simply teleporting all over the place). Its a good job I wasn't taking it seriously, and I genuinely feel sorry for the players that do try to take SWAT seriously because the gametype is seriously broken and unfair to a lot of players under these conditions.
K0NSPIRACY wrote:
I've been playing a lot of SWAT in the last week (in which I was some what unjustifiably banned from posting on here) and the majority of games are literally unplayable if playing the game in the way that it was meant to be played. I intentionally lost my placement games to rank low in order to grind certain commendations...I have to admit that it was the most fun I've had playing Halo in a long time as I was playing without a care in the world for my KD or W/L ratio...however, I noticed that the latency and lag when playing has been absolutely ridiculous (being killed at ridiculously impossible speeds, no hit registration, shot round corners or players simply teleporting all over the place). Its a good job I wasn't taking it seriously, and I genuinely feel sorry for the players that do try to take SWAT seriously because the gametype is seriously broken and unfair to a lot of players under these conditions.
Swat? The full game is a joke, try grifball.. Honestly i dont know how anyone here in EU without optic fiber can barely enjoy this game..
As a new face to wargames (but Halo player from day 1), I support the unplayable vote. Every game has sticky motion and in the last 3 days almost every game stops/restarts multiple times. I'm in Boston so I don't think this is exclusively an EU problem. I also disagree that a non-pro can play through latency... the pistol is deadly in a smooth game but worthless in all but three games I've played. Then it's just an arms race.

I always thought LAN parties were better anyway- post game analysis with some cold ones.
Out
The removal of region lock is destroying this game for the majority of players. I feel like it was a ludicrous decision to make and that it was only made to placate the handful of so called "pro" streamers. Sheer madness and a great way to alienate the European Halo community.
At the end of the
Tintreg wrote:
The removal of region lock is destroying this game for the majority of players. I feel like it was a ludicrous decision to make and that it was only made to placate the handful of so called "pro" streamers. Sheer madness and a great way to alienate the European Halo community.
At the end of the day the pretend thread asking for feedback for people who where unable to find a game was just -Yoink-. It was always going to revert they just pretended like it was down to us the choice was already made for the reason you said. 13 pages really lol half where probably made up -Yoink- 343 wake up. 13 vs 200 laughable you guys are just a cash cow to these guys. Like grinding out on ffa makes you pro -Yoinking!- laughable this is what happens when it's not a game but a investment welcome to corporate rule
This game is unplayable in Europe. I think I have to play other games if they keep the region lock removed. It was perfect in March and now it's just -Yoink-. I never play other games if there's a playable Halo on the market but this is a big disappointment.
I hate 343 they are all just stupid Americans I surppose that only think of the own people jus like 343 only think of there own gamers.Money is there life they have no passion in making a stable halo game they just think of the Dallas the silly stupid -Yoink- they have ruined my stats to the point I smashed my controller up ,March they were good in April everything's is down hill ,ffa is impossible to win a game how can we be expected to do well when we get put on us servers at 400ms while the dumb Americans get 50 ping , u know I really liked Americans b4 halo 5 came out now I just hate all of them because I just see a country of selfish money grabbing -Yoinks!- that take advantage of the world And think there above every one America used to be great now there jus cheese burgers that look for the easiest route of a solution just like the directors of 34 -Yoink- 3 the end rip for good halo stats I'm raging !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Swarfer wrote:
I hate 343 they are all just stupid Americans I surppose that only think of the own people jus like 343 only think of there own gamers.Money is there life they have no passion in making a stable halo game they just think of the Dallas the silly stupid -aYoink- they have ruined my stats to the point I smashed my controller up ,March they were good in April everything's is down hill ,ffa is impossible to win a game how can we be expected to do well when we get put on us servers at 400ms while the dumb Americans get 50 ping , u know I really liked Americans b4 halo 5 came out now I just hate all of them because I just see a country of selfish money grabbing -Yoinks!- that take advantage of the world And think there above every one America used to be great now there jus cheese burgers that look for the easiest route of a solution just like the directors of 34 -Yoink- 3 the end rip for good halo stats I'm raging !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can we get a -Yoinking!- reply 343 !!! u stupid -Yoinks!- Ban me I don't give -Yoink- do me a favour !!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 198
  4. 199
  5. 200
  6. 201
  7. 202
  8. ...
  9. 238