Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [343 Response] Dedicated servers Eu???

OP T0XicBoB

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 201
  4. 202
  5. 203
  6. 204
  7. 205
  8. ...
  9. 238
SHIBI wrote:
I'm going to hate this game, it's an awfull decision to stop region lock and now, you can't play seriously on matchmaking. Come back to reason 343i and stop listening 2 australian who cant play at 4am =/
I'm not an Aussie, but i'm following this region lock thing since the beginning here in Europe (early February) and i guarantee you that they weren't complaining because they weren't able to play at 4 AM, they were complaining (they still are) because they cannot play a all at any hours on most playlists except a few ones.

For the records: 343 hasn't lifted region lock yet in Australia so your comment is completely out of place.

Anyway i saw su much anger in this thread lately, and so many people asking for Region Lock re-activation.

Sure playing with this latency is awful, but searching for games for entire hours without success, knowing that you are playing to a six-months old game not to a crappy game played by two, isn't better at all.

You say to put region lock back? I say put server selection in place or invent some kind of smarter algorithm that searches for a game locally for a decent amount of time (2 min for example) and then, as last resource, widens the range progressively to find someone at least.

In addition to this: fix the damn netcode. I never seen a game with this amount of network issues (retrieving data, freezes, lag spikes, total absence of lag compensation and so on).

In the mean time, but only until a proper solution is found, Region Lock could be the lesser of the two evils but i think that's not gonna happen anymore.
SHIBI wrote:
I'm going to hate this game, it's an awfull decision to stop region lock and now, you can't play seriously on matchmaking. Come back to reason 343i and stop listening 2 australian who cant play at 4am =/
I'm not an Aussie, but i'm following this region lock thing since the beginning here in Europe (early February) and i guarantee you that they weren't complaining because they weren't able to play at 4 AM, they were complaining (they still are) because they cannot play a all at any hours on most playlists except a few ones.

For the records: 343 hasn't lifted region lock yet in Australia so your comment is completely out of place.

Anyway i saw su much anger in this thread lately, and so many people asking for Region Lock re-activation.

Sure playing with this latency is awful, but searching for games for entire hours without success, knowing that you are playing to a six-months old game not to a crappy game played by two, isn't better at all.

You say to put region lock back? I say put server selection in place or invent some kind of smarter algorithm that searches for a game locally for a decent amount of time (2 min for example) and then, as last resource, widens the range progressively to find someone at least.

In addition to this: fix the damn netcode. I never seen a game with this amount of network issues (retrieving data, freezes, lag spikes, total absence of lag compensation and so on).

In the mean time, but only until a proper solution is found, Region Lock could be the lesser of the two evils but i think that's not gonna happen anymore.
Server selection would be perfect, but if that's not possible we must have region lock.
Even the FF beta is painful without region lock. It can take an entire clip to kill crawlers with direct head-shots. -sigh-
i just played 3 wz games on US servers in a row. im done for tonight. its so bad. Freaking ipad games have serverselection or regions locks. WHY? because lag/latency kills games.

I just watched my one warzone run in theater and could you guys confirm something for me. what i see in theater, is not what i just played. guys i remember i hit, had registration on, there wasnt in theater, and places my aim was waayyyy off (most of the time in fact). I think theater shows what happens on the server, so its without the latency. so there you can see how freaking off you are, and why you are getting no kills. Try and watch some of yours and see if you can confirm.
S Monki wrote:
i just played 3 wz games on US servers in a row. im done for tonight. its so bad. Freaking ipad games have serverselection or regions locks. WHY? because lag/latency kills games.

I just watched my one warzone run in theater and could you guys confirm something for me. what i see in theater, is not what i just played. guys i remember i hit, had registration on, there wasnt in theater, and places my aim was waayyyy off (most of the time in fact). I think theater shows what happens on the server, so its without the latency. so there you can see how freaking off you are, and why you are getting no kills. Try and watch some of yours and see if you can confirm.
Go and run some Warzone Firefight simulations, Spartan!
And heres my thoughts without filter.

"WHAT THE YOINK DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH ME THAT THEY DONT HAVE A HALO COMMUNITY IN AUSTRALIA"

It just happens that we do have one i northern europe, small but enough and was surely growing during region lock here in denmark anyway.

Im a triathlete, but just because one of my friends in greenland wanna do triathlon too doesnt mean i have to go train in the freezer?!
343 has fixed a lot of issues but its sad to see this thread still going after 4K posts. I want all Halo 5 fans to have great experiences with little or no lag.
Still waiting to play with some fellow Brits in Warzone firefight. *sigh*
Anyone down to play? I live in Ireland, btw.
If you want to play, invite me - Jay ze nLnja
Haven't played Halo 5 in about 6 months due to the latency being absolutely horrible, Was sick and fed up of getting killed around corners, my shots not registering towards other players and seeing players skipping across the map. I'm from the UK and trying to play a game of Halo 5 in the evening is a painful experience. Constantly getting match made against US players which puts myself (and my friends) at a massive disadvantage and makes the game 100x times less fun.

I don't understand why games such as Titanfall or Gears of War which are Microsoft funded/published games has region server selection but yet a game that had the reputation of being the king of multiplayer console shooter lacks this very simple feature. Even half a year after release the game has no server selects or region lock at all. Even rubbish Facebook and smart phone games have server selection! For christ sake 343, Sort it out!

343i doesn't care about the rest of their community if they don't live in the US.
S Monki wrote:
K0NSPIRACY wrote:
I've got some clips recorded from earlier to show 343i why they shouldn't listen to ppl like this...but I'm downloading the Doom Beta at the moment so I'll link them on here later. The Doom Open Beta is available to download now and runs from 15th-17th April for anyone that wants to try it out and compare it to Halo5.
Just got doom DL as well, looks ok in menus, can't wait to servers go live.
Been playing DOOM since the alpha. You're in for a treat. Fast paced gameplay. No sprint button. No health regeneration just power weapon and armour pick ups plus a PING indicator of all things. Like many others on this thread I'm fed up with getting shot through walls and round corners. Getting killed with two bursts from a BR at full shields. Emptying clips into people and ending the match with nothing to show for it other than I got most assists. Played a few games of firefight today but it's looking like another weekend of DOOM then Gears of War 4 beta
-Yoink- halo it's done in Europe you need a lobotomy to play this trash. Be joining everyone else in doom good luck on your next venture 343 you tossers cos no -Yoink- Is going to touch it in Europe. Hope this thread just gets bigger and bigger so it can show everyone what a bunch of incompetent idiots you are night night :D
Do 343 ever actually respond to this thread?
Tintreg wrote:
Do 343 ever actually respond to this thread?
That's what im starting to wonder...
MrVilliams wrote:
Smol Mara wrote:
to be honest I'm losing hope and don't think the issue will ever get fixed. It's been 6 months if MS was planning on even attempting to fix things they would have done it by now.
That's my feeling as well.. And with such lack of any response on this matter completely shocks me! Heck I would love to hear them say anything at all!! Its like they abanded ship and left us to sink!
They did reply remember, there was that whole matchmaking update in which they claimed a ping of UP TO 125ms was acceptable.

It's such a shame because when region lock was in place I was starting to put some serious time in to this game.
That's what upsets me.. When region lock was in place things were decent. And that's one main reason I bought into this H5 was dedicated servers with region lock. But if they chimed in and said that... I don't know how I missed that!! But honestly if they think a 125ms is acceptable there crazy!! And using the word "acceptable" is a very lose term. If you can tell me where they posted that I would be happy to read it!

Thanks!!
Here you go...343i Matchmaking Improvements community update article.
K0NSPIRACY wrote:
Here you go...343i Matchmaking Improvements community update article.
Thank you my friend!
K0NSPIRACY wrote:
Here you go...343i Matchmaking Improvements community update article.
Ughh I thought this was going to be a new update...

I was forced to play last night to see the firefight beta (was fun at first but boring after three games, and those crawlers and grunts have host advantage lol) and that new map. Got like 47 kills in my first game on the new map but it felt half-hearted and more motivated by being angry at Americans than just enjoying the game like I did during the region lock golden days. It's a sad state of affairs really. Maybe it's time to skip this game and see if Halo 6 is done properly. Dunno depressing really the state of Halo.
The way im reading that article by 343 is correct but I think that concept they were using then was when there was a region lock in place. Once the region lock was removed that concept no longer could work. Because our ping rates are going to vary a lot more then 125ms. I would even guess they would range in the 200ms-300ms. If we are all going to be dumped into one big bowl theres no way we will all be at the 125ms or lower concept... I just hope they can fix this!! :(
K0NSPIRACY wrote:
Here you go...343i Matchmaking Improvements community update article.
This is from February 1st. They added region lock, and unlocked it 2-3 weeks after. Not nearly any info on more matches played on EU servers. I play with US people all the time now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 201
  4. 202
  5. 203
  6. 204
  7. 205
  8. ...
  9. 238