Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [343 Response] Dedicated servers Eu???

OP T0XicBoB

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 215
  4. 216
  5. 217
  6. 218
  7. 219
  8. ...
  9. 238
So gaming earlier got me thinking.... if this is balanced (in a game that had mexican, and US gamers) from Denmark, who would i potentially connect to in expanded, cant think of anything worse unless its acutually ISS spacestation or Hubble.
Fishy Eats wrote:
Matchmaking preferences are CONFIRMED to be in the next update. So stop complaining. You can choose to have matchmaking prioritised for connection or skill or connection and skill levels.
Matchmaking preferences is extremely vague and open to interpretation. While it is expected to improve gameplay it's impact is yet to be seen. Quite frankly, I'll believe it when I see it. Truth be told I suspect these "issues" will persist even with server selection, or a dumbed down version in focused vs expanded. This is because they were a thing even with region lock, albeit less severe, noticeable and common. But such discussion is for another topic.

The bottom line is I want the knowledge of which server I'm playing on and my connection quality to it. Focused vs expanded isn't going to provide it, assuming it's the extent of the matchmaking preferences. I could find this information on my own time but shouldn't have to do so. Until this functionality is implemented I will continue to "complain" about it.
Focused will focus on finding the best connection for us while the others won't. Can't ask better than that really. For example i am in the EU with focused i should only be connecting to the Netherlands or Ireland.
S Monki wrote:
So gaming earlier got me thinking.... if this is balanced (in a game that had mexican, and US gamers) from Denmark, who would i potentially connect to in expanded, cant think of anything worse unless its acutually ISS spacestation or Hubble.
Kathmandu? lol.
Don't know what's going on its went from bad to horrendous, to just impossible!! playing arena and getting 3 kills and 15 deaths every -Yoinking!- game it's just laughable trying to get a head shot to register with the magnum, and Lord forbid they have a smg may as well have a shotgun.

Is the European server even switched on because I can tell you for a fact I've not been near one in the last 100 games even at 10am
I am getting kicked out of matches all the time. Do you experience the same? I am from the EU by the way.
Same here, happens waaaaay too often
Have to say, i haven't been booted from a game for a while. At least well over a month. Just the occasional lag spike here and there.
Its ridiculous, Ive had at least 5 or more DNF last week because I get disconnected from games. I get disconnected waiting I the lobby and while searching for a game as well. currently on an 39 minute ban because I got disconnected in FFA arena. They have to do something about these servers because with this ban system they have, its only going to be a matter of time till I start getting banned for hours and days....
UK player here. During miday/aftertoon the game itself is absolutely fine to play with zero issues with lag, hit detection and so on. When it get's to about 9pm UK time then that's when it becomes to be a frustrating experience. Only time I can really play is if I get a day off from work but I don't get those so often.
It's quite good here in Norway. 95% ofor the games I have goes off without a hitch.
10am-12noon UK GMT.

Found 2 games with high latency. Wait what? 2 games!? TWO!? In the space of TWO HOURS!?!?

Unreal, and region lock is off, is the game dead? Or is it just poor networking? I know one thing, if we had a population count I wouldn't be sat here wasting my time trying to search for a game. Then there's the whole issue with getting high latency; bullet registration is pathetic. The game is absolutely fine at midday? -Yoink-, being connected to West coast is not "absolutely fine". Zero issues with lag etc LOOOL what a joker.

May as well give up until these "matchmaking preferences" become a thing. I'm not holding my breathe though that this will solve anything. Give us those sweet EU servers ffs! Sick & tired of playing on West, Central & freaking South American servers!!! It's BS!

120ms+ on a competitive FPS, what a pathetic, sorry state for "next gen" gaming.
I dont know why, but i am still playing on eu servers only (verified with netduma)
Fishy Eats wrote:
Matchmaking preferences are CONFIRMED to be in the next update. So stop complaining. You can choose to have matchmaking prioritised for connection or skill or connection and skill levels.
Matchmaking preferences is extremely vague and open to interpretation. While it is expected to improve gameplay it's impact is yet to be seen. Quite frankly, I'll believe it when I see it. Truth be told I suspect these "issues" will persist even with server selection, or a dumbed down version in focused vs expanded. This is because they were a thing even with region lock, albeit less severe, noticeable and common. But such discussion is for another topic.

The bottom line is I want the knowledge of which server I'm playing on and my connection quality to it. Focused vs expanded isn't going to provide it, assuming it's the extent of the matchmaking preferences. I could find this information on my own time but shouldn't have to do so. Until this functionality is implemented I will continue to "complain" about it.
Focused will focus on finding the best connection for us while the others won't. Can't ask better than that really. For example i am in the EU with focused i should only be connecting to the Netherlands or Ireland.
I can ask for better though. It's very simple, say I start up h5 and pick team arena. Instead of seeing the menu come up with searching for dedicated server it could open up a server/data center selection menu providing a listing of connection options, complete with connectivity info (latency, loss, location, etc) for each option. There is very little reason not to have this functionality. It is by no means "hard" to implement it. It should be a thing.
Fishy Eats wrote:

I can ask for better though. It's very simple, say I start up h5 and pick team arena. Instead of seeing the menu come up with searching for dedicated server it could open up a server/data center selection menu providing a listing of connection options, complete with connectivity info (latency, loss, location, etc) for each option. There is very little reason not to have this functionality. It is by no means "hard" to implement it. It should be a thing.
Couldn't agree more. Server selection surely is and always has been the most obvious setting to implement...if other games can have this most basic of features, then why can't 343i manage to implement. Balanced, Focused and Expanded are ambiguous at best and simply provide an "out" for 343i when EU players/fireteams inevitably end up connecting to US servers.
Collet005 wrote:
I dont know why, but i am still playing on eu servers only (verified with netduma)
Congratulations :)
I played Mexicans and Californians recently, couldn´t ask for a more annoying experience getting annihilated by players who can´t strafe and who can take a splinter grenade to the face and swallow it like a cookie.

But even playing verified EU players on what I perceived as EU servers lately there is a lot of lag/latency messing up gameplay. That´s why I am sure there is something very fishy about the H5 network code.
Collet005 wrote:
I played Mexicans and Californians recently, couldn´t ask for a more annoying experience getting annihilated by players who can´t strafe and who can take a splinter grenade to the face and swallow it like a cookie.

But even playing verified EU players on what I perceived as EU servers lately there is a lot of lag/latency messing up gameplay. That´s why I am sure there is something very fishy about the H5 network code.
Yesterday was weird indeed, 1 minut it was kindda ok, and the next people ate whole BR clips.
S Monki wrote:
Collet005 wrote:

Yesterday was weird indeed, 1 minut it was kindda ok, and the next people ate whole BR clips.
Funny u should say that had to put 9 shots of the Br to kill someone what a joke 2 were headshots aswell when he lost his shield when they kill me in 4 so unfair btw grenades are the same and so is the ar
S Monki wrote:
Collet005 wrote:

Funny u should say that had to put 9 shots of the Br to kill someone what a joke 2 were headshots aswell when he lost his shield when they kill me in 4 so unfair btw grenades are the same and so is the ar
Yes. It's exhausting shoot and shoot and shoot and nothing happens, and then ... a couple of shots and you're dead.
Collet005 wrote:

I agree, eu servers have some issues too
Update is now live everyone. My god I hope it's improved. Downloading now 4.5gb
Dedicated servers with the region lock removed (which is what so many people in the community were fighting for) are going to end up having some lag anyway, it doesn't matter where the servers are located.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 215
  4. 216
  5. 217
  6. 218
  7. 219
  8. ...
  9. 238