Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [343 Response] Dedicated servers Eu???

OP T0XicBoB

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 217
  4. 218
  5. 219
  6. 220
  7. 221
  8. ...
  9. 238
This thread I still going? Wow.
Since the update played about 5 Gabe's of WZ and it was FANTASTIC!! I got so many perfects! I honestly didn't know the pistol/BR had so much magnetism and was so easy to use.

Couldn't find a game in WZ assault but hell IDC I'd play anything if the connections were like that.

For search time improvement I think separating connection priority and skill ranking would be good. I don't care who I play as long as they die when I shoot them.

This game has become enjoyable again.

Been playing halo online since halo CE (XBC) Onward so I know a good connection when I see one and those were fantastic. Well done 343, thank you for this little peice of heaven
Only played a WZ game I lagged out of but the connection was perfect up to then as well
So they DID know this thread was here :P

I jest...haven't tested this yet but after reading the above I'm hopeful. I haven't really played at all this month so here's hoping it's safe to come back now :)
Significant improvement for me too (not all matches). I am able to play again and most of the time i am surprised how simple is to kill an enemy, when before i had serious problems with hit registration and aim assist.
Collet005 wrote:
Significant improvement for me too (not all matches). I am able to play again and most of the time i am surprised how simple is to kill an enemy, when before i had serious problems with hit registration and aim assist.
Completely agree, two games I played 1 on stasis and on 1 on torque I felt like I couldn't miss with the BR and the Pistol, 50% accuracy, not every game was like this but the improvement in connection all round was clear as day. No players lagging, teleporting etc which had plagued my matches of late.
Phoxniix wrote:
Yeah it's the new mega thread. But it won't ever get as big as the elite one.
dunno if its more lose in the wz games, still met some US guys during focused but it was right after update. playing FFA (focused) later in the day game me fast games and connection felt way better than it have for, well you know when you removed region lock :-D

EDIT: Very weird playing guys on your own rank and being able to win.
I played some games yesterday and lagged out in a few of them despite using focused. In most 50/50 duels in infection I lost despite being convinced I was quick enough to win the duel. Howver, it's a bit early to tell whether there is any improvements with the new options, as the servers usually are quite unstable the same day as new update is relased. Looking forward to trying some more games today!
The game still sucks for me, something isn't right.
Cant seem to kill anyone, going negative in every game, just getting tons of assists and aim assist problems doesn't feel any better than it did before. UK. preferences set to "Focused"
The 110th wrote:
The game still sucks for me, something isn't right.
Cant seem to kill anyone, going negative in every game, just getting tons of assists and aim assist problems doesn't feel any better than it did before. UK. preferences set to "Focused"
It could just be the placebo effect ya know...
Phoxniix wrote:
Yeah it's the new mega thread. But it won't ever get as big as the elite one.
How big was the elite one?
Logipuh wrote:
I played some games yesterday and lagged out in a few of them despite using focused. In most 50/50 duels in infection I lost despite being convinced I was quick enough to win the duel. Howver, it's a bit early to tell whether there is any improvements with the new options, as the servers usually are quite unstable the same day as new update is relased. Looking forward to trying some more games today!
Only time will tell for tests like this
3 games, 3 games full of US players. FOCUSED -Yoink-.
I stopped playing halo 5 for over a month because of constant laggy gameplay but after hearing about the update I admit I was excited as I thought this would mean no more laggy gameplay but I can see now that I was wrong. This update has improved the connection quality but only slightly. I have tried searching using all 3 preferences with balanced yielding by far the worse results. I pay over 100 dollars a month for my internet and get download speeds of over 300 Mbps with a 56 latency when wired to my Xbox One so I know my internet is not the problem. In fact, the only time I ever experience laggy online play is when I am playing Halo 5. These dedicated servers are a joke and I am sick of it. I have been a longtime Halo fan but if they continue to push these crappy servers onto future titles then I am said to say this will be the last halo game I purchase. Is this issue really that hard to fix!!! 343 please for the love of god fix ur crappy servers or increase the number of servers available so that people can actually enjoy playing the game.
well the connection have been a bit hit and miss lately , and it seams the same when using focused

and i have been getting a new experience , its not rubber banding or teleporting , the game just halt for a split second , it looks like bad buffering when streaming filmes

http://xboxclips.com/MeetMareli/46559af8-d9f1-49ab-a1c1-d3f43ba57b97 <- Video .

i have heard other ppl in my clan having the same isse as well , but not shure if its connection related .
Too soon to tell for sure already but it was a mixed bag yesterday playing just a few games. The first game of swat felt amazing using focused search but the very next game was a horrible Warzone experience were I had lag and trouble retrieving reqs and ultimately only had a single kill... A few more games and it was a mixed bag. A couple of days more of gaming and I will report my experience in the feedback thread 343 referred us to.
My connection has been dramatically inproved since the update. Still have the same crap with questionable stuff but no more than when it was region locked. Without a doubt these servers have many issues to still inprove on and/or the net code but at least it's playable now as before arena was just pointless. And there is no way it is on USA servers full stop.
Nah! I'm done, the game runs like -Yoink-. If other people are having ok games that's great but I'm having nothing but absolute bs, lag gy as hell and enemies just running right over me before I can even react. This game is never gonna be fixed.
343i and M $ should be -Yoinking!- ashamed of themselves for this absolute disgrace of a game. And I haven't even tried balanced or Expanded so god knows how bad they would be compared to "focused" what a joke.
Haven't really seen any improvement so far.
Ive only tried focused and haven't heard any American accents since the update however there's still noticeable latency at times.
Strange because when region lock was turned on I don't remember any major times where you thought wtf happened there but had few of these earlier.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 217
  4. 218
  5. 219
  6. 220
  7. 221
  8. ...
  9. 238