Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [343 Response] Dedicated servers Eu???

OP T0XicBoB

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 222
  4. 223
  5. 224
  6. 225
  7. 226
  8. ...
  9. 238
These search preferences were never going to be a viable solution
it was always just going to amount to smoke and mirrors as a smoke screen to distract from the lack of selectable data centres
Well, I don't play on american servers 90% of the time anymore, now it's down to like 70%. Should give me the option to set it to 0%.
I don't know what can save this game anymore...
Population is too low for any kind of filter or server selection and searching with expanded only gives you matches where enemy advantage is unbelievable (it's like they're playing half a second in the future).
it was always just going to amount to smoke and mirrors as a smoke screen to distract from the lack of selectable data centres
Unfortunately true, I don't know how I got matched with a bunch of lagging Platinums and one Diamond, while being Gold 2 at the moment on Focused settings.
DAZECRAFT wrote:
Unfortunately true, I don't know how I got matched with a bunch of lagging Platinums and one Diamond, while being Gold 2 at the moment on Focused settings.
It looks like your last 10 games you partnered with 'Ghostker' who is a high platinum so maybe that's why? I also didn't see any matches against at least two platinum's and a diamond in your last 10 games, but maybe that was further back?
Well from approx 2am it gets very hard to find a game in SWAT on focused or balanced...but when the game matched me against players from Brazil on a focused search last night I decided it was time to stop playing. The 343i network and development team are a joke...they need to hire competent technical staff and have plans in place well in advance of release including thorough and analysed play testing. We shouldn't be experiencing these issues and still complaining about them so far into a game release...its pathetic.
K0NSPIRACY wrote:
Well from approx 2am it gets very hard to find a game in SWAT on focused or balanced...but when the game matched me against players from Brazil on a focused search last night I decided it was time to stop playing. The 343i network and development team are a joke...they need to hire competent technical staff and have plans in place well in advance of release including thorough and analysed play testing. We shouldn't be experiencing these issues and still complaining about them so far into a game release...its pathetic.
Maybe they were set to expanded... this is exactly the same as what would happen if we had server selection. If you can't find a game on your local server, you choose one further away in another part of the world.

If you was set to focused and them to expanded, you'd have the advantage over them for a change.
My experience is that the connections get worse in the early hours and I believe that it must be myself getting placed on US servers not the other way around despite being on focused search. Players are teleporting all over the place and the latency is ridiculous (they are clearly ahead in real time gameplay). There is no advantage so it can only be the other way around rather than them connecting to the EU servers. To be honest, I don't know the answers or who connects to what server, but I can tell you that these connections are 100% -Yoink-. As a comparison it's no where near as bad during the evening but you can feel the change instantly when it kicks in around 2am-3am GMT. Please also note that this is searching SWAT so the changes in connection quality are pretty obvious.
By dedicated Servers 343 means they have the servers at their hq and they are host. Not EU, not USA, no some rag tad house in the jungle.
Read this with the Halo commentator's voice : " Halo has been sold "

It's done. You did it.

I think Blizzard can teach to your networkers some usefull advices for the future : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTH2ZPgYujQ

Please god don't forgive them for destroying Halo ^_____^
Played a game last night (that's right singular) I'm finding it hard to return to this game 343 have done to much damage to the multiplayer matchmaking that it's really not worth the bother of firing the game up. It really does feel like an amateur hack job 343 have done, when you see other games allowing players the option to choose the servers they want to play on. In all honesty I believe it is the ranking system 343 have created is at least 95% of the problem we are faced with. They are so desperate to get the best 200 champion players together that they are willing to ruin the game for everyone else, and this idea that a ping of +120ms is acceptable for fast paced shooters is laughable. These are industry stalwarts who have a rich history with high end competitive FPS (Bonnie Ross worked on Counter Strike) and yet to still make amateurish -Yoink- ups like this, in this day and age is unbelievable. I can only assume that 343 have no real power or say in the development of Halo games and it's the suits that are running the show.
I only play using focused and while I do not have a Netduma to give me the specifics my impression is that I play on EU servers all the time. However, the experience is still a mixed bag. Definitely better than before but still not good enough and still with games that are absolutely unacceptable networking wise.
I only play using focused and while I do not have a Netduma to give me the specifics my impression is that I play on EU servers all the time. However, the experience is still a mixed bag. Definitely better than before but still not good enough and still with games that are absolutely unacceptable networking wise.
Same with me. 1 game can go almost flawlessly then the next few will be poor.
Is there a way for me to se my ping/latency while playing? Packet loss and so on..
Bobban wrote:
Is there a way for me to se my ping/latency while playing? Packet loss and so on..
No. Well, currently the only way I know of is if you have a Netduma router but not in game.

Man I hope that 343/MS are hard at work making sure that they provide the correct server selection features for a future update and certainly so for a potential Halo 6. And please do have another look at that netcode, something's weird about it for sure.

And do provide servers in more geographical locations in EU. Imagine being dutch or irish and currently play on a server next door.
Same with me. 1 game can go almost flawlessly then the next few will be poor.
Yes, because 'focused' means you play ONLY with European fellas, not with US/other continents.

The downside is - it's so hard to find matches in less popular playlists. :/
Kind of pointless to use focused but balanced then... v_v
In such moments you see how few European players actually play the game and how many have left.
"Focused"

http://xboxclips.com/Mihooo/0ee01470-4ce3-487c-bc80-a4a0a7678c0c

Ahahaha, what a joke.
I wasn't having an issue before but now I am having an issue finding games after this update.
Mihooo wrote:
"Focused"

http://xboxclips.com/Mihooo/0ee01470-4ce3-487c-bc80-a4a0a7678c0c

Ahahaha, what a joke.
Looks more like that guy is lagging heavily than the server acting funny if you ask me.
Bobban wrote:
No. Well, currently the only way I know of is if you have a Netduma router but not in game.

Man I hope that 343/MS are hard at work making sure that they provide the correct server selection features for a future update and certainly so for a potential Halo 6. And please do have another look at that netcode, something's weird about it for sure.

And do provide servers in more geographical locations in EU. Imagine being dutch or irish and currently play on a server next door.
Dutch player are currently playing on the servers in Dublin (EU north) as Halo 5 does not use the data centre in the Netherlands (EU west). I don't under why they do not use the one in the Netherlands I get a better ping to it and I live a lot closer to the one in Ireland.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 222
  4. 223
  5. 224
  6. 225
  7. 226
  8. ...
  9. 238