Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [343 Response] Dedicated servers Eu???

OP T0XicBoB

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 236
  4. 237
  5. ...
  6. 238
S Monki wrote:
Unknown wrote:
List of all Microsoft Azure Servers
Europe
i heard from netduma users that we are only using Amsterdam and ireland servers in EU.
Weird, Titanfall 2 uses a lot more than that in Europe, why would Halo 5 be any different ?
eviltedi wrote:
S Monki wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Europe
i heard from netduma users that we are only using Amsterdam and ireland servers in EU.
Weird, Titanfall 2 uses a lot more than that in Europe, why would Halo 5 be any different ?
yes why? we need a clear answer for that, but it seems to be our reality unfortunately. EBL game a good reason above which is the skill mechs.
S Monki wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
S Monki wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Europe
yes why? we need a clear answer for that, but it seems to be our reality unfortunately. EBL game a good reason above which is the skill mechs.
Thank you, didn't notice EBLs explanation.
S Monki wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
S Monki wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Europe
If you want I have somewhere the article where Josh Holmes admits what I said (the skill thing, not the azure datacenters one)
Im going to keep posting on here, the game is unplayable again.

Lack of population has only made things worse, it has completely negated the half-fix of "focused" searching.

Terrible latency, melee delay, "heavy aiming", sluggish movements, random motion sensor & terrible spawns.

I've only myself to blame, I keep on playing this game... like an insect to a light-bulb
MrVilliams wrote:

Lack of population has only made things worse, it has completely negated the half-fix of "focused" searching.

Terrible latency, melee delay, "heavy aiming", sluggish movements, random motion sensor & terrible spawns.

I've only myself to blame, I keep on playing this game... like an insect to a light-bulb
Same here. It's just so depressing. Soon we leave Halo 5 behind us if we don't see / feel any changes.
MrVilliams wrote:

Seems everyone is experiencing these problems again and that a lot of it is netcode related. Was better after bounty update for a while, but is crap again now.
this game is dead
It 'a shameful thing. I look at every day on twitch people who are Champions in various specialties of arena, but they are much worse than me, I can see how they move, how they are slow, how they are imprecise. The only reason why they are champions is that they have half a second advantage over the Europeans, and a half second advantage in this game means everything, everything!
At certain levels like mine (i'm often diamond, onyx) It is virtually impossible to find a game with a balanced and focused, especially in Swat, in FFA, are forced to use the advanced search and to fight against the Americans with a ping of 50 ms or less while we Europeans come to 300-500ms.
And it is also unfair that a strong American player with the extended search can find players even weaker than himself with the certainty of having always better connection, while if we Europeans use the extended search maybe players are also weaker, but they will have a better connection and beat us, so americans in one way or another will always have a higher KDA: Just for the fact of being born in America

I propose that the server is chosen randomly: Every match must have the same chance of being hosted on an American or European server.

Or even better: Put a "neutral" servers between America and Europe at the same distance
When people complained that there was connection issues with the game when they were more than likely making excuses for quitting and being out played. I never had issues till improvements were made.

When the game came out the connection was amazing the best I had ever experienced in a multiplayer. When they added search option and with every supposed improvement things got worse. We didn't have the major frame drop of 1 frame for a second or more.

To emphasis this, this used to be the level I was able to play at (WZA perfection), I had managed it twice on defence and nearly managed it many more times as well.
eviltedi wrote:
S Monki wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Europe
There is no answer to that. id love to get more servers up and running as im in Scandinavia pretty fra from both used, fighting NL guys is so hard as they practically sit on top of the server. It makes absolutely no sense they are not implementing the other azure servers. They seem to refuse to comment on it.
el1t3k wrote:
It 'a shameful thing. I look at every day on twitch people who are Champions in various specialties of arena, but they are much worse than me, I can see how they move, how they are slow, how they are imprecise. The only reason why they are champions is that they have half a second advantage over the Europeans, and a half second advantage in this game means everything, everything!
At certain levels like mine (i'm often diamond, onyx) It is virtually impossible to find a game with a balanced and focused, especially in Swat, in FFA, are forced to use the advanced search and to fight against the Americans with a ping of 50 ms or less while we Europeans come to 300-500ms.
And it is also unfair that a strong American player with the extended search can find players even weaker than himself with the certainty of having always better connection, while if we Europeans use the extended search maybe players are also weaker, but they will have a better connection and beat us, so americans in one way or another will always have a higher KDA: Just for the fact of being born in America

I propose that the server is chosen randomly: Every match must have the same chance of being hosted on an American or European server.

Or even better: Put a "neutral" servers between America and Europe at the same distance
if you play on focused you should always get a Amsterdam or ireland server. but you might still get a crap game, the reason is a US guy searching expanded might join it, and the game "coincidentally" always seems to favor people from US. We really should demand that when searching focused, at least only people searching focused should be able to join lobby.
almost 2 years after this post and we've got nothing...
almost 2 years after this post and we've got nothing...
We're not going to get them. I won't consider buying Halo 6 or any other multiplayer game without regional server selection. Halo 5 should have had this option from day one.
So? I've stopped to play this game 3 months ago and until today there isn't the option to select the server region?
Great job! ;)
So? I've stopped to play this game 3 months ago and until today there isn't the option to select the server region?
Great job! ;)
I think the're just about done with H5. They're working on H6, so naturally H5 will fall to the wayside.
They really need to fix this...
I know this is a long running thread, but after 4 months of inactivity and an active thread already pinned in support I'm going to close this off. Feel free to continue logging any server related issues in support
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 236
  4. 237
  5. ...
  6. 238