Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [343 Response] Dedicated servers Eu???

OP T0XicBoB

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 238
Im from Eu and im in onyx in swat (a gamemode where connection matters) . I started in platinum and worked my way to onyx solo without friends, maybe you guys are just bad? jkjk regional dedicated servers in this day and age in competitive matchmaking are required
xD Zoe wrote:
What from Eu and im in onyx in swat (a gamemode where connection matters) . I started in platinum and worked my way to onyx solo without friends, maybe you guys are just bad? jkjk regional dedicated servers in this day and age in competitive matchmaking are required
What Eu players would be good stuck in American lobbies. I'm from the UK and when I play against other Eu players I do great and the game seems fair. A lot of the times I'm stuck in American lobbies and that where the trouble starts with rubber bullets and funny deaths.
xD Zoe wrote:
Im from Eu and im in onyx in swat (a gamemode where connection matters) . I started in platinum and worked my way to onyx solo without friends, maybe you guys are just bad? jkjk regional dedicated servers in this day and age in competitive matchmaking are required
What Eu players would be good stuck in American lobbies. I'm from the UK and when I play against other Eu players I do great and the game seems fair. A lot of the times I'm stuck in American lobbies and that where the trouble starts with rubber bullets and funny deaths.
I dont have a clue what to say. Im only posting this to keep the thread alive so someone from 343 sees it ☺
xD Zoe wrote:
What from Eu and im in onyx in swat (a gamemode where connection matters) . I started in platinum and worked my way to onyx solo without friends, maybe you guys are just bad? jkjk regional dedicated servers in this day and age in competitive matchmaking are required
this
we can feel the difference
repeat myself: need possibility to choose which region to play with dedicated server, EU, USA, ASIA
another example from neogaf

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184022888&postcount=11910

from there on, other happenings, always from EU/notUS people...

Always same symptomps as us.
upvote this

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3r4rpg/the_official_343_please_thread/cwo12rf
my connection speeds are great 200mb down 15mb up, but when your on a US server those speeds mean diddly squat. The amount of times I've boosted out of danger only to fall down dead is enough to drive me insane. Come on 343i give us the option to choose our preferred Data Center.
MrW0LF XBL wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
I'm in Scotland and I have experienced one or two issues, I find multiplayer in Halo 5 to be very balanced.
You are probably really lucky to be put often on the two-three eu servers that spawned sometimes (or you simply play on US servers and do not notice it).
Here, on reddit, on NeoGaf OT, and over the web is full of complaints from EU customers about this server location issues.

All reporting same happenings, some with proofs. I have now x488 assist medals lol
Fair enough bud, but I can only report facts, I would say I'm fair to average player, I've been playing Swat, I'm about 1 KD, I have 1800 + kill, 1800 + deaths and I'm about 50 % wins lone wolfing it, it seems fair to me, and I have 187 assists, not sure if that's good or bad, but I will admit, playing Titanfall on EU servers I do better, but it's also a different game. Hope this is of assistance to you.
The servers in this game really is a joke, M$ and 343i are so greedy. They only think about US and nothing else matters to them. I get killed so fast and when I am shooting at someone it take a while... and sometimes they do die.

We need EU servers or this game will die.
After watching some youtube review video's last night I found myself wishing that my bullets had the same power. Three bursts of the battle rifle is a kill? Who knew.

For me it was just more evidence that there is an issue. Be it ping or lag, it is affecting my enjoyment of this game.

I would like to see the issue addressed from an official source. Is it too much to ask to have queries answered?

A statement of where these servers are located, letting us know if everything is running as intended or if there are known issues that are being looked at.

The profound silence is almost as annoying as not being able to get a kill in the game.

I was hoping Halo would stop me from buying this weeks other competitive FPS. As things stand I'll be one of those leaving on Friday.
I am UK based and have not experienced any lag or high ping on Halo 5, i play arena and played against many Americans and never experience bullet lag or high ping? Not saying it is not happening to people but a lot are jumping on the bandwagon and agreeing because they aren't very good at the game perhaps? just my 2 cents :)
I am UK based and have not experienced any lag or high ping on Halo 5, i play arena and played against many Americans and never experience bullet lag or high ping? Not saying it is not happening to people but a lot are jumping on the bandwagon and agreeing because they aren't very good at the game perhaps? just my 2 cents :)
I for one, would be a lot better at the game if there were a level playing field. My skill level decides if I get shot round a corner, through a wall? My skill level decides if and when I get a melee kill after death?

Are you claiming an American 5miles from the server has no advantage over a player in the United Kingdom 3221miles from the server?

Who are your ISP I need to change my provider if you have never experienced lag issues.

Just my retort.
Before the usual "git gud" shitstorm begin, if you have titanfall and you are in EU, try to play in a US datacenter for a while comparing to when you play in your lowest ping dc available.

Then you will clearly start to feel when you are not connected to a regional server playing Halo 5.
There's no perfect system. In an ideal world there would be servers for every major timezone. At least this way EU players won't be pulling host anymore and ruining the entire game for everyone else
You can't defy physics my friend. A person 100 miles from the sever farm and a person 2500+ miles have different pings. Laws of physics dictate this. I'm sorry. It's not a matter of "gitting gud". Please educate yourself
I was wondering when a yank would appear.
Many EU internet providers uses .com in their adress, I think this can be an issue in online games when the Halo 5 server thinks you are in US and therefore connects you to other .com adresses instead of .se for Sweden or .de för germany. It can actually be on your providers side, I dont think that 343 has advanced algorithms for specific countries. For me its been an issue and Im actually thinking of swtiching to a provider that uses .se in their system.
Qlasssic wrote:
There's no perfect system. In an ideal world there would be servers for every major timezone. At least this way EU players won't be pulling host anymore and ruining the entire game for everyone else
Are you on the right thread? It's not the European players but the Americans pulling host!
Dear 343i please find attached a link that will demonstrate just how much fun us European players can have on European servers, this game was from last night. This is what I expect everytime I jump into Halo 5 multiplayer.

European gamers on European servers

lets make this happen, give us a fair and level playing field.
Berra wrote:
Many EU internet providers uses .com in their adress, I think this can be an issue in online games when the Halo 5 server thinks you are in US and therefore connects you to other .com adresses instead of .se for Sweden or .de för germany. It can actually be on your providers side, I dont think that 343 has advanced algorithms for specific countries. For me its been an issue and Im actually thinking of swtiching to a provider that uses .se in their system.
This has nothing to do with this. On PC Dedicated Servers is a standard since Quake World back in the days. So they figured this out 15 years ago - dont think this is the issue - and if so then this is another flaw 343 did.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. ...
  9. 238