Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] [343 Response] Memories of Reach is in May!!?

OP Sir Rinder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15
:((((((((
Sir Rinder wrote:
You seriously thought that infection was coming this month when it was teased for next months update? Next months update?
Memories of Reach was supposed to be the April update, where have you been? Go read through the entire thread and youll see where they have said many times that this was supposed to be in April. Not an issue but thats why this matters at all, if they had said May from the beginning then this thread wouldnt be a thing
It was, but then it was pushed into early April.

This update is being pushed into early May. Perhaps very early May. they're technically still following a monthly update schedule since we generally get them within a 30-31 day window.

A few days more of a wait to don Emile's armor and play Infection isn't going to kill the community.
I'd like to know why everyone thought it was releasing this month?
Ghosts of meridian was supposed to be in March but got pushed back. Reach was supposed to be the official april update
People keep saying month as in 4 weeks instead of calendar month...the update was actually only a week later than scheduled. Also while I wanted it the scheduled weekend, it did come Wednesday instead of the next Friday like I thought it did. It was only like 5 days.
:((((((((
Same dude...same.

@Oowoon: Yeah in the end May is only a difference of a couple days, I think its more that people got their hopes up for two updates in April and so its a bit disappointing to be told that the most requested game mode in Halo 5 history is being pushed back even if only by a few trivial days.
To add to Oowoon's post, sometimes unforseen things come up and somehting needs to get pushed back - maybe a feature gets a last minute bug, or a designer is sick and an asset isn't ready - sey they wait a little to make sure they know what they can put out in an update. The other part of it is keeping suspense, building hype, getting people talking and engaging about what could be coming.

They do listen to feedback and they do take feedback regading contect updates - just check the matchmaking forums right now for the amount of threads they have pinned specifically asking for feedback. You have to remember that they don't have capactity to get to everything, what is a priority fo you may not be for another player or for 343 themselves
They said that it would be early every month
I never take anything that 343 says literal anymore. They're so unpredictable, it's driving me crazy.
You have to take everything with a grain of salt, there are so many behind the scene things that the public does not get to see. Whether it is complications or Microsoft deadlines or funds or whatever we can't be super critical all the time. The pic of the updates was a projected release with no specific dates specifically to give 343 soft deadlines and ballpark goals.
l RyanW l wrote:
They lied. Flat out lied. They said there woul be monthly updates and there wasn't one released in the month of February, it got pushed into March and then March's update got pushed to April. People have every right to complain. I personally wouldn't be so ticked off if we weren't kept in the dark as to what's IN these updates. I'm annoyed I have to watch a live stream of Bravo's bros spamming invites or the crappy audio being the issue just to find out what's in the updates. Why not communicate with the community more- I'm sure people would be far less pissed if they weren't kept in the dark all the time.
I think you need to calm down.
No, you!
Maybe they didn't lie, but the keeping the community in the dark as to what is in these updates is complete crap. Like I said, I have to watch a crappy Twitch stream filled with invite spam and audio issues just to get an idea as to what's in the updates? Why not ask the community what they want in the updates or at least layout a plan of what they intend to fill them with? I love Halo and 343 has made my favorite Halo game but I don't appreciate being kept in the dark and I'm sure many others agree.
The thing about what the community wants is that what the community wants would lead to an infinite amount of things. Also what the community wants could be conflicting as some forums want BR starts, others do not, Some want magnum nerfs, automatic nerfs, br nerfs, etc. Basically various people want everything nerfed. Also livestreams always seem to have technical difficulties no matter who you are because internet always has issues.
Yeah don't act surprised, it's gonna take a little while for them to get back on schedule since they took a break.
Words are hard lol
Hey all, appreciate my clarification and apology being added to the OP. As I said on Twitter, this is on us, and our bad - I hadn't recalled that the Xbox Wire article had communicated an April release date (it was written late Feb / early March, as it was part of a Halo World Championship Xbox Wire blog when Ghosts was still slated for a March release on the master calendar), otherwise we would've clarified the updated timeline much earlier in an earlier weekly update blog or last week's live stream, rather than today's stream. Certainly no attempt to be misleading, and this should've been updated / publicly corrected to avoid this type of confusion. It's on us to keep track of what has (or hasn't!) been communicated, and we'll be sure to keep an even closer eye on this when communicating timelines.

As others have pointed out, Ghosts moving a few days into April caused Memories of Reach to move a bit as well, and we'll keep you posted on exact release ETA as the update work gets completed and the certification process is completed.

Apologies once again - you've got a right to be frustrated and it's on us to avoid confusion like this.

<3 Bravo
Fourseer wrote:
I'm fine with waiting another month.
I'm not. I was super excited. Now I have to wait longer greeeeaaattt
Take a break from making a Halo game and focus on the DLC's.
Why!!!!!!????????
That really suck and when infection does actually come back I hope it stays for good just like all the other game types.
I don't actually mind this, gives me more time to catch up my reqs to prep for the update
I want it to work! And I think the beta will good me over for a bit. Please don't bicker about a delay. You're probably not sending a dime 343i's way to sorry them, and the team doesn't even have to do these updates. This is a very dedicated dev team focused on enduring the customers have a new reason to play their game thirty or so days. Small little additions keep Halo popular. Watch out, 343 may just start a new trend in gaming.

fix the forge bugs !!!
Quote:
Hey all, appreciate my clarification and apology being added to the OP. As I said on Twitter, this is on us, and our bad - I hadn't recalled that the Xbox Wire article had communicated an April release date (it was written late Feb / early March, as it was part of a Halo World Championship Xbox Wire blog when Ghosts was still slated for a March release on the master calendar), otherwise we would've clarified the updated timeline much earlier in an earlier weekly update blog or last week's live stream, rather than today's stream. Certainly no attempt to be misleading, and this should've been updated / publicly corrected to avoid this type of confusion. It's on us to keep track of what has (or hasn't!) been communicated, and we'll be sure to keep an even closer eye on this when communicating timelines.

As others have pointed out, Ghosts moving a few days into April caused Memories of Reach to move a bit as well, and we'll keep you posted on exact release ETA as the update work gets completed and the certification process is completed.

Apologies once again - you've got a right to be frustrated and it's on us to avoid confusion like this.

<3 Bravo
Thanks bravo!!
Hi -

Unfortunately I have to ask that you repost in English as we are not equipped to handle other languages at this time.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Espero con ansias lo nuevo de este mes
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15