[Locked] [343 Response] Timmy the Whale Helmet Requirements

OP Lasky Whales

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 91
So the mystery is finally solved. The requirement for obtaining the "Timmy" helmet is to play custom games for a total of 50 hours. Source here. We were close, folks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MESSAGE TO THE THREAD POSTERS FROM HC LASKY:

Wow. Go figure, it was a simple answer of 50 hours. Despite us not being able to figure it out exactly, we were pretty damn close. I'm going to say that we actually did succeed in figuring it out. We had theories and experiments that dealt with how long you had to play customs, and I say that's close enough.

I want to thank everyone who participated in this thread, whether you just posted suggestions, had a good laugh with others, messaged me with theories, and / or personally tried out the experiments. This was the most fun I have ever had on the Waypoint Forums, and I can only thank you guys for allowing that. Like for real, this thread GOT HUGE. Do you see the amount of pages this has grown to?!? As I type this, the thread reached 85 PAGES LONG! HOLY CRAP! I have never created a thread before that reached probably past five pages. I would have never imagined that this thread would gain the popularity that it did.

Again, thank you all so much for creating one of the best experiences I have had on this forum. You guys rock. Here's to us creating another experience like this in the future! I'll be waiting for all your help with the next big Halo mystery. Peace out, folks!

Sincerely,
HC Lasky

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD TEXT BELOW:

So apparently you have to play a certain amount of custom games to obtain it (THEORY).

My friend got it, so I will update this thread with more details in time.

I have listed important edits and theories below, some of which has been proven false while others are yet to be confirmed true or false. Please list your theories in the thread, as well as results (with data proof) for failure or success of the theory.

PSA: "TIMMY THE WHALE" CUSTOM LOBBIES

Do not join those lobbies! All they are for is kill farming. They will not help you get the helmet since the requirements for unlocking the helmet has yet to be discovered. DO NOT BELIEVE THE CUSTOM LOBBY HOSTS. Do not fall victim to their schemes just so they can kill you over and over to boost their KD.

PERSONAL EXPERIMENT (DISPROVEN BY HIDDEN XPERIA)

After conducting a personal experiment in comparing service records of those who have the Timmy helmet, I am testing out my own personal theory about how the length of time required to play custom games may be the key. I will update you on a day to day basis on my discoveries, whenever I hit a 24 hour mark.I am currently starting at 1 day, 20 hours and 20 minutes.

EDIT 1:

REQ pack description is as follows:
"Thanks for playing a whole lot of Halo 5 Custom Games. We hope you had a whale of a good time! Our team looks forward to seeing what you build and share. See you in customs!"

The description could indicate that to get the helmet, you not only had to play customs but create a custom game. Perhaps had it in the custom browser? That's not confirmed but it's a theory for now.

EDIT 2:

Unyshek replied to the thread:
"Congratulations to those who have unlocked Timmy already! While we're keeping the exact way to unlock it shrouded in a tiny bit of a mystery for now, I can assure you that it is not too hard to attain. In fact, many of you may have it waiting for you already!" (Page 2 of thread)

EDIT 3:

Updated list with more debunked theories.

EDIT 4:

Included message of the day description and helmet description below.

Helmet Description:
Whether it is a glitch in the War Games simulation, or the creation of a mad programmer, those who wear the enigmatic TIMMY helmet claim to hear a siren song that drives them to build and create.

Message of the Day:
For players having a whale of a time experiencing Custom Games of infinite flavors and fun in Halo 5: Guardians and Halo 5: Forge, a cetaceous new helmet awaits to adorn your Spartan. Dive in and see if you’ve already earned yours!

EDIT 6:

Unyshek tweeted:
"Timmy seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

THEORIES:
NOTE: ALL THEORIES HAVE EITHER BEEN TESTED BY MYSELF PERSONALLY OR THE POSTERS ON THIS THREAD.

1) You need to have played a total of 343 custom games. FALSE
Being used for an example, HC FrenchFox has a total of 327 custom games completed, and has the helmet.

2) Depends on the amount of time you played. FALSE
Many players with different ranging playtimes, from under 24 hours to over 48 hours, have or have not received the helmet.

3) Need to host a certain number of custom games.FALSE
Some players have received the helmet and have never hosted a custom game.

4) Need to create a map and host it in a custom game. FALSE
Map creation and playtesting does not award the helmet.

5) What if it has something to do with favoriting instead? FALSE
Just liked, bookmarked and saved a custom made forge map from a friend's fileshare, and nothing happened.

6) You need to play on Fathom / Depths, and / or create a forge map on Fathom / Depths. FALSE
Played on both default maps, as well as forged versions of both maps with no success.

7) Opened a gold, silver and bronze REQ Pack. FALSE
Opened all three to no success.

8) Played a forge game in the custom browser. FALSE
Playing a forge match in custom browser does nothing.

9) Made forge maps with all variants of Timmy the Whale in it. FALSE
Placing Timmy the Whale in a forge map and playing it does not do anything.

10) Customized my spartan in all categories. FALSE
Customizing your spartan does not do anything.

11) Bookmarked, liked and saved a forge map and played on that map. FALSE
Tested and no success.

12) The player needs to play at least 5 games of each game mode in Customs which can be tracked in the Custom Games Service Info. It would align with "infinite flavors". THEORY BY TIMEDIPPER. FALSE
Disproven by Exenius. See next theory debunk for link as proof.

13) The 3 minimum requirements ~300 games, 2 Days total, and 5 matches of each gametype in customs. THEORY BY JACK 001. FALSE
Disproven by Exenius. Link to photos as proof. Exenius has given me permission to link his service record to the post, and is not in violation of forum rules.

14) 5-20 games in the social playlist (Action Sack, Infection, Fiesta, etc). THEORY BY MATIC. FALSE
Disproven by multiple service records with lower than 5 games in a particular game mode.

WE WILL SOLVE THIS MYSTERY!
whats your friends gamer tag.......and about how many custom games does he have?
whats your friends gamer tag.......and about how many custom games does he have?
HC FrenchFox, and as for the number I do not know but will try to find out.

He also took pictures of the REQ pack and the helmet, trying to post them as well somehow.
I also received the helmet. Very cool
demonz201 wrote:
TELL US HOW
demonz201 wrote:
TELL US HOW
Trying to find out exact numbers
Well I haven't played over 24 hours in customs, only 23 hours 52 mins, so I will see if I get it once I pass 24 hours.
Well I haven't played over 24 hours in customs, only 23 hours 52 mins, so I will see if I get it once I pass 24 hours.
I've played over 2 days and haven't got one.
L63EWIS wrote:
What about wins then?
L63EWIS wrote:
The description could indicate that creating a custom game could be involved as well.
L63EWIS wrote:
What about wins then?
I think it is time played rather than wins. "Thanks for playing a whole lot of Halo 5 custom games"
I got the helmet, I'm just trying to figure out what I did to get it. I have 2,500 custom games played and a total of 15 days in customs alone. (I run a lot of custom 8's)
L63EWIS wrote:
The description could indicate that creating a custom game could be involved as well.
I have done that, and played them multiple times for people to join on the customs browser.
L63EWIS wrote:
L63EWIS wrote:
What about wins then?
I think it is time played rather than wins. "Thanks for playing a whole lot of Halo 5 custom games"
I have 15 days played and got it. I'm on the forums trying to see who in all got it.
I just got mine but I only have like 2 days played in customs :/
Well playing one day alone doesn't seem to grant access to the req, I guess it may be between 1 day and 2 days.
Maybe you need 1000 kills?
L63EWIS wrote:
Yeah, I hosted a lot of lobbies.
demonz201 wrote:
L63EWIS wrote:
Yeah, I hosted a lot of lobbies.
I think it is hosting, I just got it
Maybe it's making a map, creating a Custom Game, or hosting some. I got mine and I've done all of the above, so maybe that works. Plus, I don't Windows 10 Forge. (yet)

EDIT: Wow, it's play 50 hours worth of Custom Games. That means that I have played at least 45+ hours of Custom Games by myself. ;(
So apparently you have to play a certain amount of custom games to obtain it.

My friend got it, so I will update this thread with more details in time.

EDIT:

REQ pack description is as follows:
"Thanks for playing a whole lot of Halo 5 Custom Games. We hope you had a whale of a good time! Our team looks forward to seeing what you build and share. See you in customs!"

EDIT 2:

The description could indicate that to get the helmet, you not only had to play customs but create a custom game. Perhaps had it in the custom browser? That's not confirmed but it's a theory for now.
I got it too! I'm more of a serious guy when it comes to my armor but I'm gonna keep it for now. Thanks 343!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 91