3. 53
  4. 54
  5. 55
  6. 56
  7. 57
  8. ...
  9. 91
Fenris447 wrote:
Has anyone tried killing someone that already has the helmet with a Golf Club? It would make sense with the whole "Club Timmy" thing.
Feel free to drive. I'll step up to the tee box
I might just start wearing it just to spite people :p
RhysWX wrote:
Cided wrote:
Play +72 hours in customs, thats it.
No, it's not.
It looks like moa has joined us on trying to figure this out how was your day moa?
Going good, my dude. I'm just here to peek around, really. I already have the helmet and I've got 579 games with 2 days and 16 hours of playtime. I assume it's just playing a bunch of customs.
I just want to ask why an ugly looking helmet is so popular, is it the little whale picture on the side or something? So confused.
Looks pretty cool to me. It's meant to be an identical helmet to the Timmy Forge prop.

Take a look. It even has the fins and tail.
To be honest I think 343 should do an limited time offer for these 2 helmets for....like 120000rp?
OH i figured it out, they put a random selection of players to get it and a random selection to not get it. its half and half, we just happened to be the unlucky roup. and then since there is hype for it they will put it in a $10 req pack
OH i figured it out, they put a random selection of players to get it and a random selection to not get it. its half and half, we just happened to be the unlucky roup. and then since there is hype for it they will put it in a $10 req pack
Said the same thing this morning.
If it was that dude they would have told us.
So apparently you have to play a certain amount of custom games to obtain it (THEORY).

My friend got it, so I will update this thread with more details in time.

I have listed important edits and theories below, some of which has been proven false while others are yet to be confirmed true or false. Please list your theories in the thread, as well as results (with data proof) for failure or success of the theory.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PERSONAL EXPERIMENT: (IN PROGRESS)
After conducting a personal experiment in comparing service records of those who have the Timmy helmet, I am testing out my own personal theory about how the length of time required to play custom games may be the key. I will update you on a day to day basis on my discoveries, whenever I hit a 24 hour mark.I am currently starting at 1 day, 20 hours and 20 minutes.

24 HOURS: NOTHING
48 HOURS: NOTHING
72 HOURS:
96 HOURS:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 1:

REQ pack description is as follows:
"Thanks for playing a whole lot of Halo 5 Custom Games. We hope you had a whale of a good time! Our team looks forward to seeing what you build and share. See you in customs!"

The description could indicate that to get the helmet, you not only had to play customs but create a custom game. Perhaps had it in the custom browser? That's not confirmed but it's a theory for now.

EDIT 2:

Unyshek replied to the thread and says:
"Congratulations to those who have unlocked Timmy already! While we're keeping the exact way to unlock it shrouded in a tiny bit of a mystery for now, I can assure you that it is not too hard to attain. In fact, many of you may have it waiting for you already!" (Page 2 of thread)

EDIT 3:

Updated list with more debunked theories.

EDIT 4:

Updated new theory. Needs testing.

Included message of the day description and helmet description below.

Helmet Description:
Whether it is a glitch in the War Games simulation, or the creation of a mad programmer, those who wear the enigmatic TIMMY helmet claim to hear a siren song that drives them to build and create.Message of the Day:
For players having a whale of a time experiencing Custom Games of infinite flavors and fun in Halo 5: Guardians and Halo 5: Forge, a cetaceous new helmet awaits to adorn your Spartan. Dive in and see if you’ve already earned yours!EDIT 5:
Theories 12 and 13 have been debunked. All theories are currently proven false.

EDIT 6:

Unyshek tweeted:
"Timmy seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

Can't really say this helps much, but it's something worth putting in the edit section.

THEORIES:

NOTE: ALL THEORIES HAVE EITHER BEEN TESTED BY MYSELF PERSONALLY OR THE POSTERS ON THIS THREAD.

1) You need to have played a total of 343 custom games. FALSEBeing used for an example, HC FrenchFox has a total of 327 custom games completed, and has the helmet.2) Depends on the amount of time you played. FALSEMany players with different ranging playtimes, from under 24 hours to over 48 hours, have or have not received the helmet. 3) Need to host a certain number of custom games.FALSESome players have received the helmet and have never hosted a custom game. 4) Need to create a map and host it in a custom game. FALSEMap creation and playtesting does not award the helmet.5) What if it has something to do with favoriting instead? FALSEJust liked, bookmarked and saved a custom made forge map from a friend's fileshare, and nothing happened.6) You need to play on Fathom / Depths, and / or create a forge map on Fathom / Depths. FALSEPlayed on both default maps, as well as forged versions of both maps with no success.7) Opened a gold, silver and bronze REQ Pack. FALSEOpened all three to no success.8) Played a forge game in the custom browser. FALSEPlaying a forge match in custom browser does nothing.9) Made forge maps with all variants of Timmy the Whale in it. FALSEPlacing Timmy the Whale in a forge map and playing it does not do anything.10) Customized my spartan in all categories. FALSECustomizing your spartan does not do anything.11) Bookmarked, liked and saved a forge map and played on that map. FALSETested and no success.12) The player needs to play at least 5 games of each game mode in Customs which can be tracked in the Custom Games Service Info. It would align with "infinite flavors". THEORY BY TIMEDIPPER. FALSEDisproven by Exenius. See next theory debunk for link as proof.13) The 3 minimum requirements ~300 games, 2 Days total, and 5 matches of each gametype in customs. THEORY BY JACK 001. FALSEDisproven by Exenius. Link to photos as proof. Exenius has given me permission to link his service record to the post, and is not in violation of forum rules.14) 5-20 games in the social playlist (Action Sack, Infection, Fiesta, etc). THEORY BY MATIC. FALSEDisproven by multiple service records with lower than 5 games in a particular game mode.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF YOU HAVE A THEORY THAT ISN'T LISTED, PLEASE REPLY ON THIS THREAD OR MESSAGE ME PERSONALLY VIA WAYPOINT.

WE WILL SOLVE THIS MYSTERY!
I play alot of customs one day i just got on and BOOM there was the timmy pack idk what you guys are so determined for when they give me a grunt themed helmet with a confetti trail then ill be happy = ]
I just want to ask why an ugly looking helmet is so popular, is it the little whale picture on the side or something? So confused.
I think it looks quite cool, especially with such a wide visor, to let your colours shine through.
What if this is one big troll by 343?

Like Vault Tec?
So apparently you have to play a certain amount of custom games to obtain it (THEORY).

My friend got it, so I will update this thread with more details in time.

I have listed important edits and theories below, some of which has been proven false while others are yet to be confirmed true or false. Please list your theories in the thread, as well as results (with data proof) for failure or success of the theory.

PERSONAL EXPERIMENT: (IN PROGRESS)
After conducting a personal experiment in comparing service records of those who have the Timmy helmet, I am testing out my own personal theory about how the length of time required to play custom games may be the key. I will update you on a day to day basis on my discoveries, whenever I hit a 24 hour mark.I am currently starting at 1 day, 20 hours and 20 minutes.

24 HOURS: NOTHING
48 HOURS: NOTHING
72 HOURS:
96 HOURS:

EDIT 1:

REQ pack description is as follows:
"Thanks for playing a whole lot of Halo 5 Custom Games. We hope you had a whale of a good time! Our team looks forward to seeing what you build and share. See you in customs!"

The description could indicate that to get the helmet, you not only had to play customs but create a custom game. Perhaps had it in the custom browser? That's not confirmed but it's a theory for now.

EDIT 2:

Unyshek replied to the thread and says:
"Congratulations to those who have unlocked Timmy already! While we're keeping the exact way to unlock it shrouded in a tiny bit of a mystery for now, I can assure you that it is not too hard to attain. In fact, many of you may have it waiting for you already!" (Page 2 of thread)

EDIT 3:

Updated list with more debunked theories.

EDIT 4:

Updated new theory. Needs testing.

Included message of the day description and helmet description below.

Helmet Description:
Whether it is a glitch in the War Games simulation, or the creation of a mad programmer, those who wear the enigmatic TIMMY helmet claim to hear a siren song that drives them to build and create.Message of the Day:
For players having a whale of a time experiencing Custom Games of infinite flavors and fun in Halo 5: Guardians and Halo 5: Forge, a cetaceous new helmet awaits to adorn your Spartan. Dive in and see if you’ve already earned yours!EDIT 5:
Theories 12 and 13 have been debunked. All theories are currently proven false.

EDIT 6:

Unyshek tweeted:
"Timmy seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!"

Can't really say this helps much, but it's something worth putting in the edit section.

THEORIES:

NOTE: ALL THEORIES HAVE EITHER BEEN TESTED BY MYSELF PERSONALLY OR THE POSTERS ON THIS THREAD.

1) You need to have played a total of 343 custom games. FALSEBeing used for an example, HC FrenchFox has a total of 327 custom games completed, and has the helmet.2) Depends on the amount of time you played. FALSEMany players with different ranging playtimes, from under 24 hours to over 48 hours, have or have not received the helmet. 3) Need to host a certain number of custom games.FALSESome players have received the helmet and have never hosted a custom game. 4) Need to create a map and host it in a custom game. FALSEMap creation and playtesting does not award the helmet.5) What if it has something to do with favoriting instead? FALSEJust liked, bookmarked and saved a custom made forge map from a friend's fileshare, and nothing happened.6) You need to play on Fathom / Depths, and / or create a forge map on Fathom / Depths. FALSEPlayed on both default maps, as well as forged versions of both maps with no success.7) Opened a gold, silver and bronze REQ Pack. FALSEOpened all three to no success.8) Played a forge game in the custom browser. FALSEPlaying a forge match in custom browser does nothing.9) Made forge maps with all variants of Timmy the Whale in it. FALSEPlacing Timmy the Whale in a forge map and playing it does not do anything.10) Customized my spartan in all categories. FALSECustomizing your spartan does not do anything.11) Bookmarked, liked and saved a forge map and played on that map. FALSETested and no success.12) The player needs to play at least 5 games of each game mode in Customs which can be tracked in the Custom Games Service Info. It would align with "infinite flavors". THEORY BY TIMEDIPPER. FALSEDisproven by Exenius. See next theory debunk for link as proof.13) The 3 minimum requirements ~300 games, 2 Days total, and 5 matches of each gametype in customs. THEORY BY JACK 001. FALSEDisproven by Exenius. Link to photos as proof. Exenius has given me permission to link his service record to the post, and is not in violation of forum rules.14) 5-20 games in the social playlist (Action Sack, Infection, Fiesta, etc). THEORY BY MATIC. FALSEDisproven by multiple service records with lower than 5 games in a particular game mode.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF YOU HAVE A THEORY THAT ISN'T LISTED, PLEASE REPLY ON THIS THREAD OR MESSAGE ME PERSONALLY VIA WAYPOINT.

WE WILL SOLVE THIS MYSTERY!
I play alot of customs one day i just got on and BOOM there was the timmy pack idk what you guys are so determined for when they give me a grunt themed helmet with a confetti trail then ill be happy = ]
What is it with people joining this thread and not even trying to help ok you got the helmet can you give us your stats? No than you're useless please leave the thread and never come back.
someone just locked my poll on trying to collaborate information on timmy the helmet see for yourself, no explanation as to why

Why would they prevent us from gathering info, Conspiracy?
What about having to play with a 343 member in customs?
someone just locked my poll on trying to collaborate information on timmy the helmet see for yourself, no explanation as to whyWhy would they prevent us from gathering info, Conspiracy?
Likely because it's a useless poll and we should consolidate all discussion here. You can message a mod if you have questions.
RhysWX wrote:
someone just locked my poll on trying to collaborate information on timmy the helmet see for yourself, no explanation as to whyWhy would they prevent us from gathering info, Conspiracy?
Likely because it's a useless poll and we should consolidate all discussion here. You can message a mod if you have questions.
True, if only polls showed the actual amount of people responding to them.
The Great Whale Hunt Continues!
Yayap52 wrote:
The Great Whale Hunt Continues
Indeed it does, I very much doubt we will find out the requirements before the release of the new helmets.
I'm literally stumped I did what I think a random would do and still no success
What about having to play with a 343 member in customs?
Played with Bravo and Ske7ch on the day the Custom Game Browser came out. No Timmy for me :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 53
  4. 54
  5. 55
  6. 56
  7. 57
  8. ...
  9. 91