5. 64
  6. 65
  7. 66
  8. ...
  9. 91
xS415x wrote:
CIA391 wrote:
2. He played customs on PC.
That I was not aware of. It goes to support the theory that there may be multiple ways of earning it, because I know we've had people say they got the helmet without ever touching PC Forge/Customs.
Or the platform doesnt matter. All that matters is doing the currently unknown requirements.
xS415x wrote:
xS415x wrote:
Just to clarify, he's not talking 3 days total game time. He's talking about playing at least 1 Custom Game every day for 3 days in a row. So really, you could get it only playing 3 Custom Games ever if this is the case.
Also false because I been playing customs for 3 days if that was the case i would have it.
You are the crusher of my dreams, you know that? Glad someone else is stomping on theories instead of me for once! Haha.

Either way, I'll play a Custom tomorrow and see what happens, not like it's going to hurt in any way. I've got a few theories about software/technical reasons you may not have gotten it for playing 3 days within 12-24 hours of it first being released, so I just want to prove it to myself as well.

Non-Spammy Update:
Your post above negates my technical theories, but either way, I'll be playing a Custom tomorrow.

Wonder if it's something strange/stupid like having to play 3 Customs on Day 1, 4 Customs on Day 2, and 3 Customs on Day 3. I highly doubt it, and I really shouldn't be giving 343 ideas...
Figured it was worth pointing out, I've played 3 days in a row on my Depths Timmy Test map which features not 1, not 2, not 3, but 6 Timmy the Space Whales and still nothing. So, this is double disproven.
I'm pretty sure you need least 3 days total time of custom games playtime to get the Timmy Helmet
My friend has under 3 and still unlocked it.
Huh, that's weird
I'm pretty sure you need least 3 days total time of custom games playtime to get the Timmy Helmet
My friend has under 3 and still unlocked it.
Huh, that's weird
We've had a few people under 3 days Unlock it, and many more over 3 days who haven't unlocked it.

So yeah, it's a head scratcher.
"Whether it is a glitch in the War Games simulation, or the creation of a mad programmer, those who wear the enigmatic TIMMY helmet claim to hear a siren song that drives them to build and create."

That's some creepy Lovecraftian stuff right there. (o_O )
"Whether it is a glitch in the War Games simulation, or the creation of a mad programmer, those who wear the enigmatic TIMMY helmet claim to hear a siren song that drives them to build and create."That's some creepy Lovecraftian stuff right there. (o_O )
Lovecraft of the digital age. O.o
Not sure if this means anything but...I've played 3 whole days of customs and some buddies of mine have also played as long if not longer, and we have the helmet. There could be a connection to the amount of time playing in customs for obtaining the Timmy Helmet.
Someone should start a Spartans company full of people who want to help unlock the Timmy helmet where we can split into groups on xbox to find out how to get it...
Lol true. I feel as though I should of mentioned that I already had three days into customs before the Helmet was given out to people, Including my friends. But to your Spartan Company suggestion...I feel as though people wouldn't be willing to play 3 whole days in customs with randoms just to get the Timmy Helmet. My company is already having a hard time getting the Achilles Helmet due to lack of motivation at this point because how long it takes. I honestly don't know how people will fare amongst others in cooperation just to obtain the Timmy Helmet. Then there's the question how long will the Spartan Company last for? Three days? A week? A month? You'd be putting a lot more effort than most to getting Timmy. You're better off just chilling with some friends playing customs and having fun rather than grinding for it. My opinions of course.
Its kinda a suggestion so we can have multiple groups trying things out and make it where we don't have to come back here to edit didn't work xD

Edit: is anybody who earned it in a company because it could be linked to playing customs while being in a Spartans company
I'm not 100% entirely sure lol, that would be interesting if it was link to a company
What if you have to play with people who already obtained the helmet in customs. Basically the community as a whole has to play a lot of custom games in order to unlock the helmet for everyone. Its quite a stretch tho
What if you have to play with people who already obtained the helmet in customs. Basically the community as a whole has to play a lot of custom games in order to unlock the helmet for everyone. Its quite a stretch tho
That theory is sound on paper but answer me this, how would you get it by playing with people who have it already if that's the only way to unlock it? The first person to have the helmet would have had to have done something entirely different to get it.
That theory is sound on paper but answer me this, how would you get it by playing with people who have it already if that's the only way to unlock it? The first person to have the helmet would have had to have done something entirely different to get it.
Yep, that's the paradox. I've also played with and killed a few Timmy Club members in Customs and still no Helmet for me.
Doesn't work because I played a custom game with a Timmy and if you need the gametype it was some prison (infection) gamemode. Also I didn't expect a person with the unicorn rank to join xD
I know how to get Timmy, play a different game or grind out some armor until the next community update where we will get confirmation on whether it's available or not.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make non-constructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Hi there. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.

no tengo mas que un casco u.u
Please use google translate...
English or snickerdoodle will rain down the ban hammer on you.
timmy the whale helmet is the best in the game but I still like changing up my helmet
R1gaT0ny wrote:
heytred wrote:
Timmy is a plebeian. It's all about Olive.
Maybe activating the Olive easter egg on that one BTB map?
I think I did that. Didn't get the helmet, though.

Are there any other Olive themed shenanigans you can do in customs?
I have the helmet and have never done anything with Timmy
timmy the whale helmet is the best in the game but I still like changing up my helmet
The the helmet is probably just gonna sit in my collection and get dust or maybe not.
R1gaT0ny wrote:
heytred wrote:
Timmy is a plebeian. It's all about Olive.
Maybe activating the Olive easter egg on that one BTB map?
I think I did that. Didn't get the helmet, though.

Are there any other Olive themed shenanigans you can do in customs?
I have the helmet and have never done anything with Timmy
You make that sound so personal!

But anyway, I'm personally skeptical of any theories that involve physically being with Timmy and doing things such as Meleeing, Clubbing, Teabagging, Ticking, and Splattering, as there's no way all the people with the Helmet did all these things prior to being rewarded.

I can honestly say I've never woken up one morning and said to myself "I want to teabag a space whale", and I'm sure most people with the helmet are in the same boat, so to speak.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 62
  4. 63
  5. 64
  6. 65
  7. 66
  8. ...
  9. 91