5. 86
  6. 87
  7. 88
  8. ...
  9. 91
ZEROF0RCE wrote:
TJDOW4101 wrote:
xS415x wrote:
From the most recent Community Update, written by ske7ch.
Quote:
The Timmy helmet has been granted to all players who’ve played at least 50 hours of custom games in Halo 5. From now through March 31st, we’ll be running a query on a weekly basis and granting the Timmy helmet to players who have hit the 50 hour mark. Please note that we plan to run this process once a week (and not necessarily a fixed day of the week) so you won’t immediately receive Timmy the instant you reach 50 hours played.
So, buckle in and start playing those custom games! A magical helmet, and a whale of a good time, awaits.
This has to be fake, i have well over 50 hours, i had 48 hours when the helmet came out and im at 3 days and a few hours now. And i got thise extra 2 hours to hit 50 hours the day the helmet was released
It's real in the community update. They stated at first that they handed the helmet out manually, and now its set on an a once a week setup based on their timer. I would imagine you'll get it soon.
It's not on an automatic timer.. They are doing it once a week like you said, but it's still a manual process. They weren't able to automate the process the way they had hoped. Also, you only have until March 31st to complete your 50 hours and earn TIMMY, after that, who knows.. It hasn't been confirmed what will happen after that date, but it was mentioned in the update. Brian was asked this on Twitter as well, but he wouldn't say.
Damn, people really want this helmet...
I'm. 5 hours away from the requirements hopefully I will be able to get it on the next roll.
I only ever needed Security Gen1. You can keep your Timmy helmet 343! *struts away dignantly* (I'm jk, I'll do my best to get the helmet because I like to collect all the armor ;)
Jack 0O1 wrote:
ZEROF0RCE wrote:
TJDOW4101 wrote:
xS415x wrote:
Quote:
The Timmy helmet has been granted to all players who’ve played at least 50 hours of custom games in Halo 5. From now through March 31st, we’ll be running a query on a weekly basis and granting the Timmy helmet to players who have hit the 50 hour mark. Please note that we plan to run this process once a week (and not necessarily a fixed day of the week) so you won’t immediately receive Timmy the instant you reach 50 hours played.
So, buckle in and start playing those custom games! A magical helmet, and a whale of a good time, awaits.
This has to be fake, i have well over 50 hours, i had 48 hours when the helmet came out and im at 3 days and a few hours now. And i got thise extra 2 hours to hit 50 hours the day the helmet was released
It's real in the community update. They stated at first that they handed the helmet out manually, and now its set on an a once a week setup based on their timer. I would imagine you'll get it soon.
It's not on an automatic timer.. They are doing it once a week like you said, but it's still a manual process. They weren't able to automate the process the way they had hoped. Also, you only have until March 31st to complete your 50 hours and earn TIMMY, after that, who knows.. It hasn't been confirmed what will happen after that date, but it was mentioned in the update. Brian was asked this on Twitter as well, but he wouldn't say.
That's probably the point where the poor guy running and monitoring the query quits and goes off to work for a rival company.

It seems strange to me, but from a Business/IT standpoint, they're probably setting a hard end date now so if/when they decide they've wasted enough time/resources on it they can stop doing it manually, and the community has been pre-warned. If they manage to make the process automatic between now and then (If they're even working on that), then they can also announce that then. Lots of ifs here.

What I don't get is, why did all the people who had 3+ Days of Customs who didn't have the Helmet, not get it the first time? Something seems odd with that.
50 Hours
xS415x wrote:
Jack 0O1 wrote:
ZEROF0RCE wrote:
TJDOW4101 wrote:
xS415x wrote:
Quote:
That's probably the point where the poor guy running and monitoring the query quits and goes off to work for a rival company.

It seems strange to me, but from a Business/IT standpoint, they're probably setting a hard end date now so if/when they decide they've wasted enough time/resources on it they can stop doing it manually, and the community has been pre-warned. If they manage to make the process automatic between now and then (If they're even working on that), then they can also announce that then. Lots of ifs here.

What I don't get is, why did all the people who had 3+ Days of Customs who didn't have the Helmet, not get it the first time? Something seems odd with that.
The requirements weren't always set at 50 hours, they have said that they were in the process of formalizing the process and settled at 50 days (after release) Or it was always that but whatever they wrote f'd up along the way and that's the reason for running it once a week manually.

Lock the thread. All the info we need to unlock it is known.
The requirements weren't always set at 50 hours, they have said that they were in the process of formalizing the process and settled at 50 days (after release) Or it was always that but whatever they wrote f'd up along the way and that's the reason for running it once a week manually.

Lock the thread. All the info we need to unlock it is known.
I'm guessing the second one. I've been on this thread for long enough to have doubts 343 actually thought releasing this helmet before they did. I suspect the requirments were always the same but they considered changing them if they could automate it.

But as with my of my posts regarding this subject, it's just a theory.

I don't think this thread needs to be locked, there will always be more to discuss and we haven't had a second run of the helmet yet.
How does one see how long they've spent in customs?
C0ldM0use wrote:
Go in to your service record on Halo 5, scroll down to the bottom, where customs is. It is below campaign, arena, and warzone stats.
C0ldM0use wrote:
Go in to your service record on Halo 5, scroll down to the bottom, where customs is. It is below campaign, arena, and warzone stats.
If you see 2 days and 2 hours you're getting the helmet.
so, the march 31st thing, does that mean that Timmy is for sure NOT available by that time, like ever? Or is this just assumed?
C0ldM0use wrote:
Strange...don't think I've ever seen that show up ever, still doesn't, I know for a fact that I played customs before.
ronnie42 wrote:
C0ldM0use wrote:
Strange...don't think I've ever seen that show up ever, still doesn't, I know for a fact that I played customs before.
Are you checking in the game?
so, the march 31st thing, does that mean that Timmy is for sure NOT available by that time, like ever? Or is this just assumed?
I think it would return to the old method of unlocking it after that day.
which is what exactly? lol
which is what exactly? lol
Sadly idk the old method
How do I check my custom game stats on waypoint?
We'll have to sit and wait to get more answers from 343 in the future
IDK
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 84
  4. 85
  5. 86
  6. 87
  7. 88
  8. ...
  9. 91