2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 35
The problem with this is that it isn't map control, or teamwork that gets the boss kill. It's some guy hiding at the back of the map who puts in one BR/pistol shot when the boss is at low health. You don't have to control a base, or work with your team, there is no skill required. Just camp and shoot.
Well you don't get points for "almost killing the boss" and it is fair game. I'm glad to see some things won't change due to complaints. Its 12p Vs 12p out there in the "War Zone" so communication is key. I would like aim acceleration to be boosted, you know "10 insane" is actually "insane fast" and I rarely find players in War Zone using mics. What's up with that?
StarchyEwe wrote:
Seems fair. Rewards teamwork vs children running around trying to get most kills.
unless your team focusing a boss and one guy on the other spawns a sniper or Spartan laser and blast him from out of veiw
EACH PLAYER HAVE THE SAME CHANCE TO DO IT , IS NOT LIKE YOU CANT USE THOSE GUNS , AND SORRY BUT IF ALL THE TEAM IS FOCUSING A BOSS THAT IS STUPIT STRATEGY, I HAVE STOLEN BOSSES WHIT HE RB, DMR, S LASER, SHOTGUN EVEN WHIT A ENEMIE GHOST AND PEOPLE HAD STOLEN FROM FROM ME WHIT MANY WEAPONS EVEN WHIT MAGNUMS SO I CANT SEE WHY THIS ISNT FAIR. BTW SINCE HALO CE PEOPLE ALREADY ROBBED KILLS FROM ENEMIES, IS PART OF THE GAME AND IS CHILDISH CRY ABOUT IT.
So is a game type where there is a large number of players working together to take down the large number of players on the opposite team the strategy of getting those large number of teammates to accomplish something is ...... stupid.

In a game type with a large number of player the best strategy is just sit at extreme range and do nothing .

Well, that's awesome.

That's exactly what people want to hear about this new game type that 343 keeps pushing people to play. Dont actually play it just chill in the back and wait.
I think they should make it so who ever dose most damage.
The only reason these people are upset is because they lose. They are just salty and trying to come up with stupid excuses that ensures their victory. Sorry but its true, no more crutches. Learn to play the game.
Hinashou wrote:
Someone before suggested removing the enemy's health bar. Making it not visible.
This would actually be an interesting idea.
I second this. I had an idea about what might work, but this solution is actually the simplest and requiring the least amount of code changes. Pretty much solves all the problems involved. Still the chance for the last lucky shot, but no knowledge as to whether or not you're just helping the enemy team towards that final shot.
Next time dont stop shooting !!!
Entr0p1k wrote:
What about when I get the kill but I didn't even attack the boss?
Huh? What are you talking about? Did you shoot at the boss??? The kill goes to the person who puts the final shot in. If you put the final shot in you get the kill.
Nah, there's some bug out there where people get credited the kill without doing any damage to the boss. Happens sporadically. Although, I will say this just transfers the kill from one team member to another and not from team to team.
The way I've been seeing it, it seems like if your not the last person to finish the boss off but your teammate was, then you would get the credit for the kill not the person who finished them off and I hope it gets patched real soon because it isn't fair to the community and the developers as a whole
I think it adds some strategy to the game, plus it allows me to do what I do best lurk on the edges and splaser that boss just as you think you have him bahaha. Really guys it sucks being on the losing end, but when you know how good it feels to drop the warden with a rail gun with two enemy tanks wailing on him ... You don't complain
So my question stands, is this about team members stealing boss kills or enemies stealing boss kills? If it is the latter then I say again: The point is for a team to get the kill before another. Do you honestly expect the other team to just sit and wait while your team fights the boss? I don't I expect them to take the kill. If it is the former then the point is to work as a team to kill the boss and not solo it.
Lol this whole boss system makes winning in a balanced match total random luck based.. U can fire with 8 friendlies on a warden but still 1 enemy can sneak there and take the final boom with what ever weapen.
I think its kinda stupid how someone can steal your kill. it should be who ever does the most damage
Best way to prevent people stealing boss kills is to kill them first and use a power weapon (Spartan laser) to steal the kill yourself.
Actually it should not even be called kill stealing cuz that would make us all look like we want it for the kills. But the point is which ever team gets the kill will be rewarded with 150VP which is totally game deciding for such a randomness on which team gets the kill. if a single guy can take it away while the whole other team is continuously firing on the boss its just not fair and not even competitive doesn't matter how much team work u have.
But don't get me wrong, mostly the team with most players on the boss will get the kill but when there are bosses like warden where everyone is on it. it is too random.
Entr0p1k wrote:
What about when I get the kill but I didn't even attack the boss?
Huh? What are you talking about? Did you shoot at the boss??? The kill goes to the person who puts the final shot in. If you put the final shot in you get the kill.
Nah, there's some bug out there where people get credited the kill without doing any damage to the boss. Happens sporadically. Although, I will say this just transfers the kill from one team member to another and not from team to team.
I see this a lot, it tells me I get the kill with a banshee when I'm on foot.

And I also second the no visible health bar idea, very good. Bravo sir.
Malice v1 wrote:
Hinashou wrote:
Someone before suggested removing the enemy's health bar. Making it not visible.
This would actually be an interesting idea.
I second this. I had an idea about what might work, but this solution is actually the simplest and requiring the least amount of code changes. Pretty much solves all the problems involved. Still the chance for the last lucky shot, but no knowledge as to whether or not you're just helping the enemy team towards that final shot.
I third this. Ripper of an idea. If its the last shot then why bother show the damage. If its about luck then make it about luck.
Try switching wepons instead of reloading
xuwei010 wrote:
Lol this whole boss system makes winning in a balanced match total random luck based.. U can fire with 8 friendlies on a warden but still 1 enemy can sneak there and take the final boom with what ever weapen.
In which case said enemy prevented your team from possibly winning, again, do you honestly expect the other team to just let you have that kill? It would be stupid to do so. Basically what I am reading is summed up as this: whaa, I the enemy killed the boss on me, my team should get the points. If the system were that way then anyone complaining about the enemy team stealing the kill would be doing this: Whaa, I killed the boss on the other team and my team didn't get the points. I say that it is fine the way that it is and while your whole team focuses on the boss the enemy can focus on your somewhat unprotected outposts and base while stealin that boss kill.
I agree with him.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 35