2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 35
Kevin Franklin (Multiplayer Design Director) has recently tweeted responses to the complaints about people "stealing" a Warzone boss with a final shot.

His position was similar to those defending it. If you don't send out people to take out those trying to get the last shot or have power weapons ready to whittle his health down, then the boss points are fair game.

I'm not worthy of links, so here's a copy/paste: https://mobile.twitter.com/kevin_franklin?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
I mean this is a valid argument but most people probably would like points by what damage a team puts out towards the boss, this could only work on the higher priority boss' 150 pointers. Example team A gets 75% of damage they are awarded 112 points as Team B gets 25% of damage and receive 38 points , maybe a bonus for the final shot?. Pros and cons to everything you decide.
Consul IV wrote:
Seems pretty fair to me. If you want the points, kill the enemy soldiers while others put fire on the boss. Teamwork makes the dream work, people.
All the teamwork in the world won't stop the single sniper round from across the map fired by an enemy player that kills the boss you and your team were using teamwork to beat.
DC 409871 wrote:
Consul IV wrote:
Seems pretty fair to me. If you want the points, kill the enemy soldiers while others put fire on the boss. Teamwork makes the dream work, people.
All the teamwork in the world won't stop the single sniper round from across the map fired by an enemy player that kills the boss you and your team were using teamwork to beat.
And said sniper would be stupid to do that up close and him getting that shot in prevents your team from getting the kill which is the whole point in doing so.
DC 409871 wrote:
Consul IV wrote:
Amen. It's silly that people think the current system is ideal. I play Warzone ONLY for REQ points, otherwise I can't stand how random crap like that can ruin the flow of gameplay.
That's ridiculous. It's rough when you almost have Warden Eternal, then 3 enemy teams members all rush me and take the Boss to win.
Good job. Complaining about something that aint broke.
I get the kill when I don't even attack the boss so I think it's broke
Yep, its working as intended.
So what? The intended function is bad.
D3VIL CY wrote:
The only reason these people are upset is because they lose. They are just salty and trying to come up with stupid excuses that ensures their victory. Sorry but its true, no more crutches. Learn to play the game.
No offense I have a 1.68 kd and in 43 games have 58 bosses killed but yet I'm in favor for the change. It's not a crutch by any means it's to better focus the team play mechanics they are encouraging. Far too many legendary bosses are in the open so keep the enemy from getting near it isn't always possible. Plenty of times I'll use the distracted players to get ready kills or assassinations, but when my team is holding the ground and getting the damage in just to have a player far from the area be able to hit the boss with a single round or burst it defeats the purpose of the team work to hold the area. Many players try and sneak around to just wait for the bosses health to drop low enough to yoink it away, just that one or two players. That's not a system to reward the team but rather the individual in a honesty. Now trying to be civil here why is it that every player asking for that minor changes is needing a crutch and you claim can't play the game. No in a good game where it's close you can find a good mix of both teams but when the team actually trying can't get the points cause the enemy just hides and snipes it at the last second doesn't make them a good team. As for the comment of were trying to just make excuses to ensure our victory, I want go there cause no one plays to lose. Most people asking for change are just frustrated that one player will ruin an entire teams work from a spawn point far away from the boss, we're making suggestions and trying to build a creative and collective idea that works for the game as much as it works for the game.
That's ridiculous. It's rough when you almost have Warden Eternal, then 3 enemy teams members all rush me and take the Boss to win.
Which is the point, they are not just going to sit back and let you kill the boss, in fact they will do anything they can to stop you and get the kill themselves.
I cant even believe this is a thing...

If I shoot you with my AR until your shields are gone, but then someone else headshots you, should I get the kill instead? If I stick you with a grenade, but someone else kills you before it detonates, should I get the kill?

Of course not, that's absolutely absurd. What matters when counting kills and takedowns is who got the kill/takedown, not the person who helped to wear it down; Those are called assists. Its no different to a guy in FFA popping out and killing the guy you're fighting. You didn't get the kill, so you shouldn't get rewarded for getting a kill. The game shouldn't be giving out participation ribbons, that sort of defeats the point of competing to get the kill...
benteddy wrote:

If I shoot you with my AR until your shields are gone, but then someone else headshots you, should I get the kill instead? If I stick you with a grenade, but someone else kills you before it detonates, should I get the kill?

Of course not, that's absolutely absurd. What matters when counting kills and takedowns is who got the kill/takedown, not the person who helped to wear it down; Those are called assists. Its no different to a guy in FFA popping out and killing the guy you're fighting. You didn't get the kill, so you shouldn't get rewarded for getting a kill. The game shouldn't be giving out participation ribbons, that sort of defeats the point of competing to get the kill...
Are you and all the people using FFA as an example a boss in the FFA mode that awards a massive amount of points and requires teamwork and coordination to take down in a team-based gametype?
DC 409871 wrote:
Consul IV wrote:
And said sniper would be stupid to do that up close and him getting that shot in prevents your team from getting the kill which is the whole point in doing so.
So what you are saying is that teamwork is completely meaningless.
It's simple really. You want that Legendary boss kill? Start covering your team, kill the enemy Spartans and secure the area. They stole the kill? Oh well, cover your position better next time.

Halo 5 is unforgiving as hell, and frankly I'm happy for that.
DukkMann91 wrote:
Well any respect for him will be lost here soon, it seems far more people want a change then those who are happy with it. Well at least those who are happy with the boss steals aren't saying much.
So if you got first shot off you should get the kill? Thought that's what we hate about CoD.
benteddy wrote:

Agreed, and for this people are whining about the enemy team killing the bosses on them. They seem to think that the other team will just sit back and do nothing while they kill the bosses. I want the enemy to try to get the kill first and if they do they get the points. Anyone who says they should get the points even if the enemy team gets the kill shot is just whining because they feel entitled but in reality they are not entitled to a boss kill.
It's fair game if the other team got the last shot. Warzone is a game of cooperation and taking roles. If you're doing your job right, then a 150 points shouldn't present a threat to your lead. When a legendary boss is the deciding factor to victory it's the consequence of some flaws made before it even spawned. You lost a based, enemies slipped past your team and got a few regular bosses or your entire team is getting pummeled and the only thing keeping you up are boss points.
Most games I've won are by 500+ points.
The main focus of every game shouldn't be the points. But to push the enemy, if done correctly and if your team is doing it's job right the enemy shouldn't even get a visual of these bosses.
benteddy wrote:

Agreed, and for this people are whining about the enemy team killing the bosses on them. They seem to think that the other team will just sit back and do nothing while they kill the bosses. I want the enemy to try to get the kill first and if they do they get the points. Anyone who says they should get the points even if the enemy team gets the kill shot is just whining because they feel entitled but in reality they are not entitled to a boss kill.
No the issue is players staying far out from the battle and just using a ranged weapon for the final kill when their team did little to nothing else to kill the boss. Please stop using FFA as an example but in war zone where a single 150 boss is worth 15 percent of the total needed, the ability to just put one round into the boss and get the credit is far from a balanced match. Several quality ideas have been suggested and would work and not make it unbalanced to any one side. The teams would still need to work together and make it worth the points they earn. It's far from asking for more weapon rebalancing or nerfing, it's a slight change to actually reward the team that plays together.
Its my same problem as in League, where all the credit is given to the last hit, not the ones who actually dealt the actual damage. Points should be given to each team based on how much damage that team placed on the boss.

That way, if you truely want to score points, you must wrestle with the other team for control of the whole area the boss is located and not just ignore the boss until the last second and then spawn with some rockets.
Even if you think the scoring system is perfectly fine, I think we still need to address how the Legendary Boss system needs work. Right now they just find hover over certain spots and facilitate this kind of camping behavior for teams and individuals.
DC 409871 wrote:
DC 409871 wrote:
Consul IV wrote:
So what you are saying is that teamwork is completely meaningless.
No, but having guys cover the team might help there. If your team secures the are against long range you could make it difficult but not impossible for the other team to do this. Nothing but an observant team member with the right weapon will stop a banshee from getting the kill. There was a time when my team tied with the enemy due to bosses and still lost.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 35