1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. ...
  7. 15
Starseid wrote:
This might be a surprise, but 343 is run by working human beings who need money to feed themselves and their families along with leisure time for the hard work they put in day in and day out. This money doesn't come out of a magical pool code they write, it comes out of your wallet. So of course 343 wants your money. You would be stupid to put in this much work and not want money. Now go back to school, doesn't 5th period start around this time in your high school?
Hahahaha. I thought all game designers worked pro bono?
J Teeps wrote:
You're not crazy, it's business. The entire gaming industry is heading in this direction.
If companies want to keep people playing their games they should make good quality games that will keep the game alive for a long time.
This OP is ignorant, as if they have never seen a business model in their whole life or ever seen another company do this.
You do realize 343 Industries is a business, they need to make money to pay their workers and continue making games. Yes you're right nothing is "free".
Look at something completely different, credit cards. Credit card companies want you to use their cards and pay the minimum payment each month. Why you ask? So they can make bank off the interest of 20%+.
In all honesty all 343 is doing is betting on the fact that people have little self control when it comes to spending. "Oh it's only $5, or oh its only $10" no big deal right? but if 1000 people thought this way and 1000 people spend 10...you do the math.
Another example are SALES. People think they are getting sweet deals on these "Sales" but in reality its just the company cutting prices to make way for more inventory, newer inventory. They get you in the store with their "HUGE BLOWOUT SALE" signs and you end up buying more stuff that's not on sale because you "need" it.
The fact of the matter is you can still buy Halo 5 for $65. Never buy one single req pack, and still have the same experience as everyone else.
Yes^^^^
People act like 343 is evil because they are providing a service to people that demand it. If you put a product out there and people happily (or unhappily in your case?) buy it, then that is good on them! Why the hell do they even exist if not to make money?
I love how making a profit off of a product is considered "sinister." Heaven forbid, if 343i gave us Halo 6 completely free of charge and without microtransactions, they'd still be called "greedy" by these forums.
Starseid wrote:
This might be a surprise, but 343 is run by working human beings who need money to feed themselves and their families along with leisure time for the hard work they put in day in and day out. This money doesn't come out of a magical pool code they write, it comes out of your wallet. So of course 343 wants your money. You would be stupid to put in this much work and not want money. Now go back to school, doesn't 5th period start around this time in your high school?
That seems to be the popular opinion for people who probably have never even held a steady job themselves.
Starseid wrote:
Starseid wrote:
That seems to be the popular opinion for people who probably have never even held a steady job themselves.
I think this is the big divide among the people on this topic. Dare I say it, but the people against it seem to be less...experienced. As 50 year old stuck in a 22 year old body with a real job and bills to pay, I have a different appreciation for things and a much harder time getting up in arms about things. Plus I just don't see any problem with what 343 is doing.
The Truth Behind Halo 5's Lack of Content at Drop:

When Halo 5 first came out, many players where surprised to find out just how little was in the game. Many asked, Why was this the Case? Well, I have a theory that piggy backs of this video. Firstly, a bit of background. Ever since Halo: CE, each new Halo game would increase the amount of game modes and content within the game. Every Halo game, except for Halo 5. Why is this? Because, The reason 343 has held off so long on many game modes was because of micro transactions. If there are less game modes in the game, more people will play warzone. If more people play warzone, those players are more likely to buy req packs with money. This brings more profit to 343. That is way forge came after the game's release. This is also way we are just now getting new game modes. 343 knows that, once they bring back infection, lots of players will start playing that or custom games. They have held off lots of potential content that will take players away from warzone for their profits. Is it a coincidence that Halo 5 has less content and micro transactions in the same game? I think not

"Free" Updates:

One might ask, well what about free updates? If they wanted money so bad, why not make you pay for updates? Here's the answer. "Free" updates are a means to more money in the long run. Instead of offering up paid DLC, they make them "free" with loads of things we don't need (like emblems and various variants on already in-game armor). The reason they do this, is to increase the amount of req packs needed to get everything in the game, making more people want to spend money. Also, these updates bring some players back, which means those players are more likely to spend so cash for req packs in order to catch up. What this means is, 343 actually gets there money's worth back from these "free" updates. In today's world the is no such thing as "free".

One Might Argue:

One might argue that 343 simply wants to increase the longevity of Halo 5 by adding most of their content post-launch. This is true, but not in the way you think. Yes, they want Halo 5 to have a high retention rate, but only because it equals more money. The more players that play Halo 5, the more micro transactions are purchased. What makes a game have longevity is not adding post-launch content. Only a good game will have longevity. Look at Halo 3. Halo 3 released all their game modes, forge, and weapons up front. Yet, somehow it had the highest player retention rate out of any Halo game ever (According to 343). This is because, Halo 3 was a good game. Halo 5 also has a good longevity to it, but its not because of post-launch content. It is because Halo 5 is a good game.

Large Amount of Req Unlocks:

Another point that supports my theory is the large amounts of armor, emblems, loadout variants, etc. In Halo 5, there is over 200 body pieces, over 200 helmets, almost 300 emblems, and much more. The more stuff you have to get, the more req packs you have to open. This means the more likely you will pull out your wallet to aid you finish your collection. Everything about Halo 5, is geared toward micro transactions.

Conclusion:

Money talks, and 343 is making a lot of it. Is that there fault? No, its business. So, what do you guys think? Am I crazy? Or Not?

EDIT: I just want to clear a few things up. A lot of you are claiming that I am calling 343 "evil". I'm not. In fact, I support 343's decision to include micro transactions and hold off content for post launch. The purpose of this thread is to simply inform the community of this theory. Also, while req packs don't have to be purchased with cash, you have the option to. Don't make the mistake of thinking that just because you don't buy packs yourself, that neither does everyone else. In fact, a spokesperson at Microsoft has claimed the they have made multiple millions of dollars from Halo 5's micro transactions. So, indeed, 343's plan worked out.
i only care about the campaign
It's all just good business
I didn't really care to look around if anyone said this, so I'm gonna say it. I pretty much wasted all my money and time that could be spent on a game. I didn't really care for short campaigns. All I ever really did was play slayer online non-stop. I can understand why people who liked things like Team Snipers or like a permanent Double Team like Halo: Reach had. Even though I wasted my money, I just think, 343 will be making a new game faster now. More money- more supplies- more workers- new game. So if you wasted like 1000$ on Dlcs, or on just plain gold packs, or even if you just bought the *MCC 40 times, you'll be that one guy that gets to say on Halo 6, I contributed to the making of this game. And hey if your one of those people telling me that they should just put stuff in the game, well they should, but they still need money to do it.

*MCC - Master Cheif collection

Note: If you think I'm one of those people that spend 1000$ on the game, nah I just spent money on the bundles. I already had all the master chief games so I didn't really need the MCC. But do think 343 should add team doubles back. It worked really well on the Valentines update.
Why is everyone so militant over the paying for req packs feature? Would you rather have map packs that split up the multiplayer community? 343 needs some way to fund their world championships. Besides, the reason 343 has to add updates is that they want people to stay interested in the game, getting hyped for each update and eventually Halo 6. Plus, it's just business. It's how the standard business model works.
its simple, if you can only think about the negative and bash the devs then don't play.
Really again? How many of these posts are there....
Good thing Ive never put money into those silly REQ packs. I only spent $60 for $30 worth of ingame content. Nothing wrong here.
You're kind of late....
You're kind of late....
I don't care this post should have been blocked by now
You're kind of late....
Just giving you a hard time damn. It's been a pretty constructive thread, I don't see why it should be blocked.
let it be bruh ???
You're kind of late....
Just giving you a hard time damn. It's been a pretty constructive thread, I don't see why it should be blocked.
The title is clickbaity. The thread is fine.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
Starseid wrote:
Starseid wrote:
I think this is the big divide among the people on this topic. Dare I say it, but the people against it seem to be less...experienced. As 50 year old stuck in a 22 year old body with a real job and bills to pay, I have a different appreciation for things and a much harder time getting up in arms about things. Plus I just don't see any problem with what 343 is doing
Agreed. It's a business, if you don't like it don't support it. But don't be surprised when a business requires payment for services rendered. It keeps the game "alive". It is a quicker path to equipment for people that would rather pay than grind. It's like hiring someone to cut my lawn......I could do it for myself but hey I hate working in the yard.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. ...
  7. 15