Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

343 should remove defend rounds from firefight

OP Saws n Sins

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
They just isn't fun gameplay at all. Just played a firefight where rounds 1, 2, 3 and 4 was defend rounds. If anything for the love of god make it where the first 2 rounds can't be a defend round. You have hardly any good reqs to defend it and when you die you spawn forever and a day away yet the enemies spawn directly on top of it.
Maybe for the harder difficulties like Mythic for example, but they're fairly easy on Heroic. I think making only one or two at the most in a game would be better.
My only complaints against defend objectives are that they take forever (When you are trying to get through each wave as fast as possible) and sometimes the defend area is so far from your current position that the AI are already there doing damage. As far as difficulty is concerned they don't feel particularly hard.
Sounds like a round from hell on ARC.
It takes time, you need to learn the best spots and strategies from each map. When you learn where they spawn or the best vehicles for each round it becomes easier. But you need good teammates, one or two that know how to do it because if your teammates don't have any plan you can lost very fast.
I like defend rounds. They're easy to rack up kills and build up req's for later.
The spawning you on the other side of the map and outrageous wait to respawn times get pretty ridiculous.
I think the idea itself is fine, but implemented extremely poorly. One of the worst offenders is round 2 (I believe) on Darkstar where the Prometheans spawn in right next to the location you have to defend and immediately rush inside. Meanwhile, every player is across the map getting new weapons. Just one example of how Firefight was barely an afterthought thrown in just to say H5 had it.
Nothing should be removed from firefight as there isn't enough variety for rounds as it is now. Removing anything would make it even more repetitive.
Yea I do despise the defend rounds, especially the ones in the garages.
tuhin94 wrote:
I think the idea itself is fine, but implemented extremely poorly. One of the worst offenders is round 2 (I believe) on Darkstar where the Prometheans spawn in right next to the location you have to defend and immediately rush inside. Meanwhile, every player is across the map getting new weapons. Just one example of how Firefight was barely an afterthought thrown in just to say H5 had it.
Yes that level is hard, if you play a good strategy, always that first round finish go to the base where you need to defend (even if you dont know what's going to happen in level 2) that map have 4 differents level 2 rounds and the 4 are close to the base.
I always use there level 3 plasma caster or level 2 splinter turrent, walk close to the stairs and got the most kills. The only guy that can beat my weapon strategy is someone with ghost but I find boring just winning using vehicles, I like some challenge.
If you're lucky and in first round darkstar they put the two hunters, there is a moment when two elites arrive and they have plasma caster😛, kill them from long range (because they kill you one shot in legendary) and now you can kill easy the hunters and you have like 15 bullets more for defend the base without spend your level 3 req and can pull an overshield level 3 🍻
It's an easy round. Take the free win for the round and move on to the next.
Rojo: I think the splinter turret would be better if I understand your strategy. Stay inside on the stairs and blast the doorways. It is 30 shots instead of 20 and you can shoot faster (faster than the plasma charge). The only thing is you are more vulnerable to attacks.

Speaking more in general and going back to what Rojo said before about playing with good players, if you know what your teammate is doing and you are unselfish you can make hard rounds easier.

For example on Darkshar round 2 Armory defense if I know Rojo is covering the inside, I will take the ghost or wasp and cover the outside.

I believe as a player you have to go into a game knowing whether first place or winning the mission is more important to you. If Rojo and I both take ghosts, we can fight for position and kills/points and perhaps the team loses. It does not always happen, but sometimes you have to make that call... me or my team?
Rojo: I think the splinter turret would be better if I understand your strategy. Stay inside on the stairs and blast the doorways. It is 30 shots instead of 20 and you can shoot faster (faster than the plasma charge). The only thing is you are more vulnerable to attacks.

Speaking more in general and going back to what Rojo said before about playing with good players, if you know what your teammate is doing and you are unselfish you can make hard rounds easier.

For example on Darkshar round 2 Armory defense if I know Rojo is covering the inside, I will take the ghost or wasp and cover the outside.

I believe as a player you have to go into a game knowing whether first place or winning the mission is more important to you. If Rojo and I both take ghosts, we can fight for position and kills/points and perhaps the team loses. It does not always happen, but sometimes you have to make that call... me or my team?
Yep I know what you mean, sometimes you can kill bosses really fast but ur team have very low reqs, so it's better give them some time for kill more.
the reason I like more plasma caster than turrent in that round is because I can move faster and go to second floor easier and I dodge a lot, sometimes ur teammates are very close to you and you can kill yourself, other reason is when the soldiers spawn in second floor, I can't move with the turrent but if I have the plasma I can go outside and recover faster. I like hidde behind the car, I just take care of the nades because soldiers have very good acurracy with them😆
We will have to find each other out there again sometime. It has been awhile. I get what you are saying on the turret. The caster is awesome. I usually do the ghost unless I need to be inside to help.
We will have to find each other out there again sometime. It has been awhile. I get what you are saying on the turret. The caster is awesome. I usually do the ghost unless I need to be inside to help.
I'll be playing some mythic this weekend, I'll invite our german friend xD. I like that I can get a lot of req points but I don't like use my overshields (that's why I don't do mythic, I save them for assault).
Hope find some awesome players like you, I'll have oppen lobby if someone wanna join.
You remove defend rounds then you kill Firefight. Attackers can't attack if someone isn't defending.

Yep I know what you mean, sometimes you can kill bosses really fast but ur team have very low reqs, so it's better give them some time for kill more.
the reason I like more plasma caster than turrent in that round is because I can move faster and go to second floor easier and I dodge a lot, sometimes ur teammates are very close to you and you can kill yourself, other reason is when the soldiers spawn in second floor, I can't move with the turrent but if I have the plasma I can go outside and recover faster. I like hidde behind the car, I just take care of the nades because soldiers have very good acurracy with them😆
“Yep I know what you mean, sometimes you can kill bosses really fast but ur team have very low reqs, so it's better give them some time for kill more...”

spot on! The entire team benefits and the team’s chances of winning increases.
I agree with your statement. I've never had Defense rounds in a row, but oh my god they're annoying to do even once in a game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2