1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17
I started playing Halo back in 2003 with CE and really enjoy Halo 5...

The lack of a "classic" playlist doesn't even bother me at all, but I'm not opposed to it. Not sure how much I would play it... and I played countless hours of H2 and H3 back in the day.
I started playing Halo back in 2003 with CE and really enjoy Halo 5...

The lack of a "classic" playlist doesn't even bother me at all, but I'm not opposed to it. Not sure how much I would play it... and I played countless hours of H2 and H3 back in the day.
I was addicted to 3, didn't play 2 as much though. I beat halo 3 countless times when those years I never had internet.
Whether or not intended that read as one of the most elitist thing I've ever seen.

It doesn't matter whether you've been playing halo for 11 months or 11 years, your opinion is as valid as anyone else is.

My first halo was halo 3 does that make my opinion less relevant than someone who started with CE ? More relevant than someone who started with 5 ?
Of course not.

As someone whose going to buy Halo 6 I have a interest in seeing it develop into the game i want.
I'm a halo veteran but I kinda like the direction of MP just remove sprint, spartan abilities and we have a perfect MP.
I'm a halo veteran but I kind like the direction of MP just remove sprint, spartan abilities and we have a perfect MP.
and what is it you like about 343's Halo then? Only the shallow sandbox is left if you remove SA's...
Well if you don't like change. No one is stopping you from playing Destiny.
Right, but nobody should play Destiny
We need our Golden Triangle of Halo back (Melee, Grenade, Gun).
TRON 092 wrote:
TRON 092 wrote:
343's plan is to annoy veterans as much as possible so we leave and they can turn halo into another basic shooter. We've already got loadouts, ads, and a crapy campaign. Kind sounds like COD AW with some halo stuff. The 343 blind fans don't help either.
Loadouts? maybe kind of in warzone but they dont exist in arena.
In halo 4 they did.
Indeed so, but I thought the reference was to H5.
Ok OP that's a long wall of text so i'm going to be short here. State some facts to back up what you claim, otherwise anyone can say you are wrong, which is probably true. Campaign not very good, in my opinion, I give you that. On the other hand, H5's multiplayer, is the most balanced halo game of the franchise, maps and weapons wise. And I believe is a great game and best FPS in a long long time.
Well if you don't like change. No one is stopping you from playing Destiny.
LOL ;D
"YOU DONT COUNT AS A VETERAN IF YOU HAVE STARTED PLAYING THE TRILOGY AFTER 2011"

Your only a veteran if you started playing in 2001
"YOU DONT COUNT AS A VETERAN IF YOU HAVE STARTED PLAYING THE TRILOGY AFTER 2011"

Your only a veteran if you started playing in 2001
and only if you bought CE within 1 week of release!
Build the game that casuals can have fun in, the Esports/MLG/Tryhards will figure out how to tailor it to their needs all by themselves.
Also I was playing HCE before H2 was released and I prefer modernizing Halo instead of staying trapped in a rehash of H2/H3 BR or Die Halo.
As a veteran player both campaign and MP this is..... not entirely false. Halo and Halo 2 focused mainly on campaign and a fun experience, but managed to create a competitive scene that gave birth to MLG (yes, MLG came from Halo) and turned Halo into a whole new monster. When Halo 3 came out they didn't change gears in their scope, maintaining the importance on fun while allowing more competitive modes to be available, while retaining what made it so competitive. Here is the thing though, they made Halo Reach fun, and the competitive scene tried to tailor it, and it didn't happen; same with Halo 4. Reach and 4 changed their core gameplay in MP, and it whimpered out of e-sports. I understand this ideal, 343 catered so hard to e-sports they forgot the casuals, and I agree; however you cannot make a competitive game out of anything, that game needs to have a solid core to maintain the competitive crowd which makes up a very large number of players (dare I say equal to the casual crowd).
The principle problem of halo 5 is the lack of fun game modes.
I like all halo games and my favorite is Halo 3 ODST.
I played Halo CE when I was like 4-6 at my cousin's house but I got my first Halo game (Reach) in 2011 and then bought Halo 1, 2, 3. I really like Halo Reach, guilty as charged, but when Halo 4 came out, I played for a few days and barely played any after that. For some reason I don't like Halo 4, and I'm not a huge fan of Halo 5. I'd pick Halo 3 armor over Halo 4 and Halo 5 any day. I refrained from buying Halo 5 for 8 months because I was afraid of the flaws that had appeared in Halo 4. I really don't know where I stand on this.

Unlimited Sprint is annoying af.
Honestly for me the worst thing that 343/Microsoft have done to Halo is the req system... -Yoinking!- micro transactions in Halo are you kidding me? this series is next to dead or at least what Halo once was is
Janfles wrote:
Ok OP that's a long wall of text so i'm going to be short here. State some facts to back up what you claim, otherwise anyone can say you are wrong, which is probably true. Campaign not very good, in my opinion, I give you that. On the other hand, H5's multiplayer, is the most balanced halo game of the franchise, maps and weapons wise. And I believe is a great game and best FPS in a long long time.
"H5's multiplayer, is the most balanced halo game of the franchise, maps and weapons wise" that's just an opinion. One I would strongly disagree with. And OP does have facts to back up his claims. Halo 5 is the worst selling Halo of all main halo games, so clearly a lot of older halo fans or general people did not buy the game. All the veterans I know left halo and aren't coming back with 343 on board. 343 also removed Reach's population counter, kind of sad how they can't compete with a 6 year old game.
The first time I played Halo 2 was at my cousins back in 2003, that's what got me hooked on the franchise, I was 10 at the time so of course my parents said no, and good thing too because in 2009 my neighbors gave me their old 360 with a copy of Halo 3! Oh, god was it fun to just screw around in campaign for hours, then when I finally got Xbox Live I played Multiplayer and I LOVED it! I even went back to Halo 2 and CE to see how good they were, I loved both of them! I consider myself a pseudo-Halo Vet, not really big on the competitive side of it, but I love to have fun! When I first played ODST I was like "What is this garbage?!" but over time I came to love ODST, as it was unique even for a Halo game. Then came Reach, the first time I played it my jaw dropped in amazement, I literally couln't say anything bad about Halo Reach, save for Armor Lockers in MM. Then everything changed when 343 took over, Reach almost immediately became riddled with modders and cheaters and nogoodnicks! I had enough, I confined myself to Forge and Custom Games until the next installment came out. Then came the first genuinely bad experience I had with the Halo franchise, Halo 4. Now it was definately better for the franchise than Halo 5, but there were some mechanics that just seemed broken, such as the binary rifle being an insta-kill on initial contact. I also feel that Halo 4 took away from the realism that Halo had previously. Reach an Assault Rifle did nothing, why, because you're a bad@$$ space soldier with super high-tech armor! In Halo 4 the ttk seemed a bit unrealistic for the armor and shield systems. I do however like Halo 4 for Forge and Customs. Now onto the WORST of the franchise, Halo 5, man Halo wars has NOTHING on Halo 5 in terms of a bad Halo game. While Halo 4 was super casual, Halo 5 is super competitive, normally I'd just go to Forge/Customs but the Forge wasn't there at launch! Not to mention when the forge did come it was bugged to hell and the objects were so generic it made me say "Wow Reach had more diverse looking pieces than this." Yeah, I actually said that. It doesn't matter how many map options you add that makes Forge great, it's the ENTIRE community can do with Forge overall. Then there's The arena, nothing but spawn campers and CoD MLGr's. I blame the small maps for the severe unbalancing of Halo 5 though, and the reskinned maps 343 released with that "Free DLC" didn't do much to help that. Finally there' Custom games and Campaign, Custom games in Halo 5 BLOW! There's no variety it's all just slayer based options! Then the campaign feels like there was no effort put into it at all, 3 Chief missions and 12 locke missions. 3 of Locke's missions are just short levels where you have to talk to someone. Such a disgrace to Halo. That's my entire history with the franchise/
Played as far back as Reach. Love Halo 5 and where 343i has taken the game. Just thankful for the Halo franchise.
I started with Halo 3 so I don't know if you'll respect my opinion based on that or not, but I feel a lot of complaints are just people who have a hard time with change in general, not just in halo. Is the wraith getting a slightly different design really that big of a deal? Some people need to get our of their own heads once in a while and take a step back and ask themselves "why do I think this is so important?"
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17