343. You got it right this time

OP Arch Adonias

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7
I agree with you on some points but I personally dont agree that it will be the best. There is just too much advanced technology. Keeping it close to good ol' classic with a few spice ups would have been just fine. They did do a good job for what they were trying to do but it just isnt in the interest of most player/gamers
I agree with you on some points but I personally dont agree that it will be the best. There is just too much advanced technology. Keeping it close to good ol' classic with a few spice ups would have been just fine. They did do a good job for what they were trying to do but it just isnt in the interest of most player/gamers
well id like to see your poll that confirms "most players" I've played every halo more than you. Check my profile out. I know lots of people who have had early access and loved it including myself.. BTW the people on all these forums who post regular hate account for a tiny fraction of actual people playing and enjoying games. Also 90% of the people crying haven't even played it yet. Its pathetic
The 90% crying around here, are those burned by 343' piss poor attempt known as MCC.
I see a lot of hack down references here towards Reach and H4.
Reach was holding 900k worth of players 12 months after release, whilst H4 could only manage 20k.

Even if this beta plays ok, WTF has 343 actually done previously with H4 & MCC to earn that trust?

If 343 want some kind of redemption, they'll have to fix MCC and somehow draw players back....otherwise gamers are going to stick with franchises they have more faith in.

I mean look at BF4, it's launch was poor (not as bad as MCC but still up there). 12 months later they finally got it right and have delayed BF5 to allow BF's name to improve once more.
Where as 343 push H5's beta during a time when they're names mud thanks to the mess which is MCC.

I'll play the beta cause there's little else to play, but I'll not trust 343 so no preorders from me EVER, not to mention the fact that I'll never be excited for another Halo, thanks to the incompetant fool's!
Secrets wrote:
I already know my only real qualm will likely be sprint, but I do take issue with smart scope because with the iron sights now obstructing your aimimg view, it looks like spartan technology has regressed rather than progressed.
Yea. Not sure why the smart scope isnt like Frankie said the pistol zoom always was(linked to the Spartans helmet).. This feature is barking up the COD tree once again. If they made it like the pistol and sniper always were I'd be A OK with it.
I have one thing to say, and being a Classic/Hardcore halo fan with the franchise since the beginning, this should mean something. I was super excited for MCC played it for a bit but due to the issues in matchmaking the game lost some luster after 2 weeks of play attempts so I jumped back to destiny, and it made me realize how much I appreciate the fresh gameplay of destiny, and how much destiny to me and some friends actually somehow manages to preserve the Halo feel better than Halo 4 and maybe even reach. I'm starting to think that what I and many of us wanted was just the memories and feelings back that we got when playing the original trilogy, just nostalgia chasing. And I think Destiny and initial opinions of the Halo5 early access show that what Halo really needs is careful innovative change that makes sense, Im now all for the spartan abilities with a level playing field. Which is a big change from my prior belief. I feel it is in the right direction.

Although, I do feel like the overly frat-guy Spartans are a bit silly (even though as a person I'd be closer to that than being cheif, just doesn't feel right), overly excited MP announcer, Change in the look of the Rocket Launcher from Classic Spankr to something that looks too tactical and our time than year 2500-2600. Changes like these dont serve a perpose. Maybe if they felt halo but they don't. I feel like someone making the decisions is trying to hard to relate to the cod kids and even with that they are off base. If the gameplay is on point ppl will play, stop the gimmicky weird -Yoink- like this.
I'm in oz and it's 10 mins to midnight. Does anyone know if the beta unlocks at midnight in your time zone or what
Faliz18 wrote:
OP is lying and was not having fun at all.

agreed
ive seen nothing but trolls and hate from u and Shatinator. AND U HAVENT EVEN PLAYED THE BETA, you are assuming it will be a fail because it is too awesome and you dont want to play anything besides H2 paste.
but besides what i just posted, this halo feels familiar with new things so its not boring and same paste. but it just feels right when you get a friend or 2 and just play a game
The 90% crying around here, are those burned by 343' piss poor attempt known as MCC.
I see a lot of hack down references here towards Reach and H4.
Reach was holding 900k worth of players 12 months after release, whilst H4 could only manage 20k.

Even if this beta plays ok, WTF has 343 actually done previously with H4 & MCC to earn that trust?

If 343 want some kind of redemption, they'll have to fix MCC and somehow draw players back....otherwise gamers are going to stick with franchises they have more faith in.

I mean look at BF4, it's launch was poor (not as bad as MCC but still up there). 12 months later they finally got it right and have delayed BF5 to allow BF's name to improve once more.
Where as 343 push H5's beta during a time when they're names mud thanks to the mess which is MCC.

I'll play the beta cause there's little else to play, but I'll not trust 343 so no preorders from me EVER, not to mention the fact that I'll never be excited for another Halo, thanks to the incompetant fool's!
this thread is about halo 5. I know people gave every right to be upset about MCC but I was speaking about people crying about visual changes in halo 5 so you're way off topic pal. And as for broken games they've been frequently getting worse since fallout and there's 1 reason games are going gold (1,000,000) sales before they even release.. If nobody pre ordered games and just bought them at launch profits would be unknown to devs therefore you'd get a better product
I'm in oz and it's 10 mins to midnight. Does anyone know if the beta unlocks at midnight in your time zone or what
its probably not gonna come out until sometime around noon eastern time. Seems to be the trend. Your looking at another 24 hours
It's about time a forum exist that is positive about halo 5. I have heard a lot of good so far and I sincerely trust all you halo veterans who approve of it. I can't wait for the beta
I played the early access. For two maps and one gametype, I could not stop playing it.
Obzeen wrote:
I agree. Feels just like Halo but fresh in a way that it hasn't felt like since 2004. I played the early access beta and I can't wait to pick it up again on the 29th.

It isn't perfect (I don't like how dudebro the spartans behave, the music that plays everytime you die is obnoxious as all hell and I haven't found a perfect control scheme yet) but I really belive this is a good way to go.
I think all the little things will lead to me not playing this game much. I just can't take the dudebro stuff, in game music(multi), and over the top game show style announcing.
Obzeen wrote:
I agree. Feels just like Halo but fresh in a way that it hasn't felt like since 2004. I played the early access beta and I can't wait to pick it up again on the 29th.

It isn't perfect (I don't like how dudebro the spartans behave, the music that plays everytime you die is obnoxious as all hell and I haven't found a perfect control scheme yet) but I really belive this is a good way to go.

I think all the little things will lead to me not playing this game much. I just can't take the dudebro stuff, in game music(multi), and over the top game show style announcing.
The first legitimate gripe I've read.
I agree, H5 looks like it's a much better marriage of old and new than H4 was. Plus, 343 is listening and giving EQUAL STARTS, and the added mobility is a refreshing addition to the franchise since everyone has it. I'm really optimistic for tomorrow, I hope it feels as good as it looks.

Thank you for the glowing optimism in the sea of pessimism that is the H5 forums.
ZnaZanZ wrote:
I agree, H5 looks like it's a much better marriage of old and new than H4 was. Plus, 343 is listening and giving EQUAL STARTS, and the added mobility is a refreshing addition to the franchise since everyone has it. I'm really optimistic for tomorrow, I hope it feels as good as it looks.

Thank you for the glowing optimism in the sea of pessimism that is the H5 forums.
No doubt, these forums are extremely toxic. If your not on the; "H2 was teh best game evor, Halo 5 needs to be Halo 2.5" hype train you get trashed on. It's a new game in 2015, it needs to evolve or die, and it makes way too much money to die. The trick is, keeping to what is intrinsic to Halo, lore and esthetic, but building and even innovating on what it means to be a modern shooter, halo needs to embrace that, and evolve, you can kinda look at Titan Fall as an attempt to do that, and it has its issues, but I'd say it did well.

I'm almost annoyed that they brought back Midship for all the H2 guys as a concession of sorts, because Modern mechanics doesn't work for map design from 2004, we've seen that a few times with remakes.
ZnaZanZ wrote:

No doubt, these forums are extremely toxic. If your not on the; "H2 was teh best game evor, Halo 5 needs to be Halo 2.5" hype train you get trashed on. It's a new game in 2015, it needs to evolve or die, and it makes way too much money to die. The trick is, keeping to what is intrinsic to Halo, lore and esthetic, but building and even innovating on what it means to be a modern shooter, halo needs to embrace that, and evolve, you can kinda look at Titan Fall as an attempt to do that, and it has its issues, but I'd say it did well.

I'm almost annoyed that they brought back Midship for all the H2 guys as a concession of sorts, because Modern mechanics doesn't work for map design from 2004, we've seen that a few times with remakes.
I got to play midship remake in early access and as it does look like midship but the map is totally redesigned to fit with halo 5. You'll see tomorrow what I mean
I really hope there is amazing armor sets like the giant knife in Halo reach. Oh and I hope they implement skins for helmets like a shark mouth for the ODST helmet ^3^
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7