Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] 343i's Incompetent Game Design is Killing Halo

OP eman182

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 41
  4. 42
  5. 43
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. ...
  9. 106
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Notice how this "professional" writes a novel to discuss what he doesn't like, and doesn't weigh in any of Bungie's mistakes or 343's positive parts of Halo 4, basically a Bungie fanboy/343 hater. If you all could remember, Halo Reach was what brought Halo down to it's lowest point. DMR, extreme randomness from bloom, missing game modes at launch, no reflective textures, fat spartans, false, conflicting storyline, basically a half -Yoinked!- game overall, and this guy didn't even mention that it was in fact the game to introduce armor abilities and the dreaded *gasp* sprint. I could go on and on about the failed abortion that was reach, and how 343 brought Halo back to life after fixing Reach and bringing Halo 4 which went mostly back to old Halo style 1-3, but also it's own thing. Halo 4 introduced many good things and I feel after 343 released the weapon tuning update for multiplayer it balanced itself out and turned out to be great fun to this day. Sure H4 had issues, but don't forget most of those issues came straight from a little game called Halo: Reach. This post is ridiculously long for someone with nothing better to do than write an essay about what they don't like and act like Bungie knew what they were doing.(Look at Reach and Destiny people). To conclude this, i'd like to say, yes, H4 had issues, however, that also was 343i's first game and it had no beta and no feedback pre-launch. It released really damn well for an improperly tested game. Yes, Master Chief Collection aside, I'd say 343 has done pretty well with individual releases so far. So OP, next time you waste your time writing an essay for everyone to read, make sure you add in all the angles instead of trying to sound professional about your opinion.


bump

No need to push your awful defensive post...
lol i don't see how it's defensive
Notice how this "professional" writes a novel to discuss what he doesn't like, and doesn't weigh in any of Bungie's mistakes or 343's positive parts of Halo 4, basically a Bungie fanboy/343 hater. If you all could remember, Halo Reach was what brought Halo down to it's lowest point. DMR, extreme randomness from bloom, missing game modes at launch, no reflective textures, fat spartans, false, conflicting storyline, basically a half -Yoinked!- game overall, and this guy didn't even mention that it was in fact the game to introduce armor abilities and the dreaded *gasp* sprint. I could go on and on about the failed abortion that was reach, and how 343 brought Halo back to life after fixing Reach and bringing Halo 4 which went mostly back to old Halo style 1-3, but also it's own thing. Halo 4 introduced many good things and I feel after 343 released the weapon tuning update for multiplayer it balanced itself out and turned out to be great fun to this day. Sure H4 had issues, but don't forget most of those issues came straight from a little game called Halo: Reach. This post is ridiculously long for someone with nothing better to do than write an essay about what they don't like and act like Bungie knew what they were doing.(Look at Reach and Destiny people). To conclude this, i'd like to say, yes, H4 had issues, however, that also was 343i's first game and it had no beta and no feedback pre-launch. It released really damn well for an improperly tested game. Yes, Master Chief Collection aside, I'd say 343 has done pretty well with individual releases so far. So OP, next time you waste your time writing an essay for everyone to read, make sure you add in all the angles instead of trying to sound professional about your opinion.


bump


No need to push your awful defensive post...

lol i don't see how it's defensive
Dude what you say is srsly so false that it loses to much credit to even be acknowledged, much less "bumped"
I never took the time to read your post. This deserves an encore. You have spoken for concerned halo fans(and not just petty concerns).
l'm not sure you realize this, but a good number of 343i's team members are former Bungie employees, so yes, they have played the original games.


Lol, yeah, like four of them. And all of the people who are in charge of design decisions--Josh Holmes, Kevin Franklin, Quinn Delhoyo--are not ex-Bungie employees and are newbies to Halo development.

So a super soldier shouldn't be able to run or be able to do anything with his powered up suit?


So a super soldier shouldn't be able to run and shoot at the same time with a powered-up suit?

I don't understand why you all just want the same game copied and pasted over and over again. If you want that, then go play CoD.


That doesn't make any sense. Why would someone arguing for Halo gameplay want to play a game that does not have Halo gameplay?

2) Not imo. Halo has always had ADS in some forum or another. Adding it to every weapon isn't a problem.
Untrue. If only a few weapons have zoom, it's a weapon feature. If all weapons have zoom, it's a gameplay mechanic.
Please, 343, take what eman182 has said to heart.
OP wins Halo!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
why do i fight so hard for classic halo? classic halo feel is very special and was a important part of my life. its my favourite game series ( or was thanks to call of failo 4) and i greatly wish to rekindle those feelings again. it is a game series which to date has never been replicated by any game. it is unique and was once the dominate king of fps and multiplayer. also singl player was amazing and at the top of fps single player campaign for sure. i believe halo, true classic halo is worth fighting for, and not a generic cod spacewarfare that has cod features shoved down its throat. we true halo fans "like peppridge farm remembers" remember what that means and what halo really is, we understand the intriqite mechanics and flow of the game. none of us are opposed to some change, we welcome it, we are however against bad change. we are against turning halo into a yearly release schedule and the adding of -Yoinked!- up things like custom loadouts and ordenance drops etc that break core halo gameplay.

cod is successful because it remains true to that series, small changes made over time keep people interested, halo needs to do something similar. by no way shape or form am i or any true halo fan is asking for halo to become cod, or be placed on a yearly dev cycle. none of us are asking for 50 new features in the game, we want the core classic gameplay to be unaltered, to remain "the same
" but we want quality something that takes time and cant be done in the yearly release schedule. that is why cod is burning out and people are losing intrest, because its made every god damn mother -Yoinking!- YEAR. i bet if cod had a 3 year dev cycle they would have a slick campaign and a even better multiplayer thats balanced. people wouldnt burn out from the series. halo needs to go more in line with how cod adds new things, keep the core game the same, keep your awesome single player, dont go to a yearly release schedule and you will see halo last for many years with heavy intrest and playtime. if they keep copying features meant for cod that WORK IN COD and try and make halo a yearly franchise the game will die, its already lying in the coffin, and if halo 5 fails it will be nailed shut and buried. you thought halo 4's pop drop was bad, wait till you see how pitiful halo 5's will be if this doesnt work? wait till halo 6 that will be even worse, the game will nt sell well if halo 5 fails. halo reach , fooled me once, halo 4 fooled me twice even harder then the first, thats strike 2. if 343i fails at halo 5 they will get struck out and lose the game. 343i will kill halo and it will no longer be microsofts flagship title.

i desperately want halo to succeed, look to the past see how full the online population was even years after release! ask yourself why? halo 3 went up against cod and dominated, especially when you consider halo is exclusive to xbox while cod is everywhere. its because classic halos gameplay has something special, very special and unique, something amazing that draws people in , pro, and casual alike. i started as a casual, im no mlg though! i never gave up, halo is a rewarding skill based game and thats what it always should be. stop the bull crap with "they need to expand the audience" "they need to bring casuals in" CLASSIC HALO BROUGHT MORE CASUALS IN AND KEPT THEM THEN REACH OR CALL OF FAILO 4 EVER DID OR COULD, LOOK AT THE ONLINE POP NUMBERS YOU DOLTS!

so please true halo fans that see this, share the original posters message with 343i in what ever way you can, remain vigilant and dont stop posting the truth, stand strong in the face of 343i fanboys and trolls (some of them are probably 343i in disguise or atleast paid by them) combat there misconeptions and propaganda we have lost many battles but only by keep fighting we can win the war. remember that speech in the xbox one commercial? its not about how hard you can get it, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, thats how winning is done!
Remove sprint.
Remove Ground Pound.
Remove aim-down-sight.
Remove kill-cam.
Remove the game from your hdd.
fixed
I enjoyed the new feel of the game with all the additions I don't want to play halo 2 3 or 4 again I want a new game which so far from the small sample we all received seemed to be pretty damn fun. My only negative issues are that it is hard to see the blue spartans on the map truth which I think gives that color a small advantage. And It seemed like the matchmaking issues were not resolved even with how bad MCC matchmaking was. Intermission is to long, when people leave the game intermission should stop and the player search should start right away or mix it within the intermission so it goes faster..way faster. Also I would like to see some kind of player picture during the intermission/find player wait. I realize u can click on a persons profile and read everything but it would be nice to hover over a persons profile without clicking on it and getting some kind of picture like halo 4 had where u could see the persons avatar and tell there style of play or skill level without reading it. And it also made it fun to try and unlock different armors and poses some of those accomplishments are pretty hard and should be seen by players without having to click on everyone and read. Other than that Im having a good time I cant wait to play halo 5 will definitely be purchasing this game thanks 343.
IWI IUI wrote:
Remove sprint.
Remove Ground Pound.
Remove aim-down-sight.
Remove kill-cam.
Remove the game from your hdd.

fixed
I think the best Halo would be Halo 3 with sprint added and some new weapons, maps and maby gametypes.
IWI IUI wrote:
Remove sprint.
Remove Ground Pound.
Remove aim-down-sight.
Remove kill-cam.
Remove the game from your hdd.

fixed
I think the best Halo would be Halo 3 with sprint added and some new weapons, maps and maby gametypes.
Halo 5 is a fun game but not a fun halo game. Just make a new game and leave halo at halo 4. I don't want to see halo turn into another generic shooter. 343 gave us master chief collection which (when it works) is perfect. I don't think we need another halo game.
eman182 wrote:
Morachip wrote:
eman182 wrote:
Adding sprint to Halo is a sympton of a greater disease: 343 Industries does not know how to create a compelling shooter, let alone fashion a great game befit the Halo series. If you recall, Microsoft did not pick 343 Industries to succeed Halo because of their merit as developers, but rather created them to house, feed, and milk the Halo cashcow Bungie abandoned in 2007. The only game that the in-house development team at 343 Industries made, Halo 4, was widely criticized as a terrible multiplayer game, so much so that 343 Industries had to strip it of all its "modernized" features to stymy the mass emmigration of its playerbase.


What rock have you been living under?
Bungie abandoned Halo in 2011, after BUNGIE released Reach, not 343. Everybody blames 343 for Reach's problems, they didn't make Reach, they were barely associated with it. You raise some legitimate concerns, but I can't take the majority of it seriously when you make such an obvious blunder in your opening paragraph.
Sprint was introduced by Bungie in Reach, along with armor abilities. 343 took armor abilities out again.
Did no one actually look at Reach's case? I find this way too often that someone thinks 343 made Reach. It is stamped in big letters "Bungie" on it. Is everybody else blind? Or am I just seeing things?


I may have gotten the date 343 Industries inherited the Halo series wrong.

But I show no favoritism to Bungie for developing Halo: Reach, nor am I a Reach apologist. Halo: Reach was a terrible multiplayer game with poor design choices (Aim Bloom being the worst offender) that are similar to the design choices that plague Halo 4 and Halo 5. In fact, I'd go as far to say that Bungie sabotaged 343 Industries by giving them an incorrect map to the Halo treasure when they released Halo: Reach and then handed over the reigns of the franchise. It's little surprise, then, that 343 Industries lost their way.

But I will state this: I don't care which company is at the helm of the Halo series. Companies are made of people, and people come and go, so a company's identity is ever-changing. What lives forever is the product those groups of people create, and that is why my post compares the gameplay of Halo 5 to the gameplay of Halos 1 to 3, the Halos that defined how the series's multiplayer plays.
Reach hooked me for years. The DMR brought even more skill to those who wish to fend for themselves with a precision weapon vs spray and pray. You seem to think everyone aspires to play this game from an MLG standpoint but that's not true. When I play the older Halos, they feel slow. I like sprint, I like the thruster, and I like clamber. OK, ground-pound is happy as !blam! but it's so rare I don't care. The volume of creative things you can do on the fly is magnified. Using thrusters to juke to a sword wielding noob charging at you is awesome and VERY satisfying. It's a different type of kill than 4 shotting with a BR which is all you seem to want to do over and over again. Using clamber to confuse and kill a guy chasing you around a corner is dope as !blam!. Love it. This might irritate some old-school die hards. I want to play Halo the same way Russell Wilson plays QB. You want to play it like Payton Manning. So ofcourse, you come out here and cry about how "QB shouldn't be allowed to run the ball", "the zone blitz" should be illegal, etc. Because you want to same predictable experience over and over again.

I'm not saying H5 is perfect. Your points about the controls is valid. They can alleviate this by adding some custom mapping options to the control scheme. Kill cams, assasinations, and a handful of other controversial issues can be made optional. I love the new medals, I love the announcer's voice, I love hearing the spartan chatter. I love all the medals. Pile them on. But fi these things are annoying to some then they should be options. Sure some the info is unnecessary, but so what. You say you want to play this game for fun. But I get the feeling that what you really want is to reduce the game to 1 or 2 skills that you're good and be the only one who feels good at the end of the game. Not because it was a fun / dynamic experience but because you scored more points and crushed everyone.
YFNP wrote:
Please, 343, take what eman182 has said to heart.
Has anyone from 343 even acknowledged this post? Pretty odd considering it's one of the most popular threads in recent memory.
IM RyterA wrote:
YFNP wrote:
Please, 343, take what eman182 has said to heart.

Has anyone from 343 even acknowledged this post? Pretty odd considering it's one of the most popular threads in recent memory.
The only one there actually paying attention to is the Beta Feedback Thread V2, otherwise no they're not, which is unfortunate because they could learn a lot from this thread
Halo 5 is a fun game but not a fun halo game. Just make a new game and leave halo at halo 4. I don't want to see halo turn into another generic shooter. 343 gave us master chief collection which (when it works) is perfect. I don't think we need another halo game.
exactly! im not saying "halo 5" is a bad game, its a bad halo game. id rather the series die out and them to change up the names and story rather then see halo completely trashed and codified.343i refuses to listen to the fans and only accepts positive feedback from cod fans
Halo 5 is a fun game but not a fun halo game. Just make a new game and leave halo at halo 4. I don't want to see halo turn into another generic shooter. 343 gave us master chief collection which (when it works) is perfect. I don't think we need another halo game.
Exactly. Master Chief's story ended at the conclusion of Halo 3 for me.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 41
  4. 42
  5. 43
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. ...
  9. 106