Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] 343i's track record to Halo 5 and 6

OP TradingPuppy545

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Do not create/use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans.

Spoiler:
Show
Halo 5 definitely has its flaws, but it's taken more steps in the right direction than it has backwards.
Halo 5 definitely has its flaws, but it's taken more steps in the right direction than it has backwards.
I disagree.

With the return of Cortana, 343i forgetting about the Genesong, the lack of MC Blue, Thel, Rtas, Crimson and Majestic, the underwhelming death of Jul, boss rehashes, constant ignoring of firefights return, micro-transactions holding back customization options for the majority of the community, the stereotypical tale of "Robots rule all story" and the needless appearance changes of...everything Halo 5 has taken many steps backwards.
Dude C'mon

Reach was Bungie.
AngryBuda wrote:
Dude C'mon

Reach was Bungie.
I'm confused. I praise Reach for how 343i made it better.
AngryBuda wrote:
Dude C'mon

Reach was Bungie.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

Are you saying 343i's Halo 4 made you appreciate reach? Cause reach was developed by Bungie
Only in its multiplayer gameplay.

I lost count how many steps backwards Halo 5 took in terms of the campaign.
AngryBuda wrote:
AngryBuda wrote:
Dude C'mon

Reach was Bungie.

Are you saying 343i's Halo 4 made you appreciate reach? Cause reach was developed by Bungie
What? I'm saying that Halo reach IMO was a pretty solid game that needed some fixes that 343i supplied. What are you talking about?
AngryBuda wrote:
AngryBuda wrote:
Dude C'mon

Reach was Bungie.

What? I'm saying that Halo reach IMO was a pretty solid game that needed some fixes that 343i supplied. What are you talking about?
What fixes did 343i make to reach? They didn't exist as a company when Reach launched back in September of 2010
Halo CEA was a large missed opportunity. The Campaign side was pretty good, maybe takes a few too many creative liberties in some areas but is overall fairly faithful to the original style. The Multiplayer though was just an expansion pack for Halo Reach, when it should've been an actual remastered version of the original Ce Multiplayer. Also Reach is not "Halo Ce 2".

MCC is MCC. Enough said. In addition, why not remake the entire Halo 2 experience? Why stop at six maps?

Halo 4 and Halo 5...to put it simply it's just like "what the -Yoink- are you guys doing"? So many completely avoidable mistakes were made it just blows my mind. Every step forward the two games made (of which there were indeed some steps forward) is completely negated by another step backwards simultaneously.

Quote:
What fixes did 343i make to reach? They didn't exist as a company when Reach launched back in September of 2010
Title Updates, Playlist Updates, Halo Anniversary Content, etc.
Bungie created Reach, but eventually 343I were the ones left to support it.
AngryBuda wrote:
AngryBuda wrote:
AngryBuda wrote:
Dude C'mon

Reach was Bungie.

What fixes did 343i make to reach? They didn't exist when Reach launched.
You're gonna learn today
Matic wrote:
AngryBuda wrote:
AngryBuda wrote:
AngryBuda wrote:
Dude C'mon

Reach was Bungie.

What fixes did 343i make to reach? They didn't exist when Reach launched.
You're gonna learn today
:). Sweet. I'll bring an apple to class.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Halo CEA was a large missed opportunity. The Campaign side was pretty good, maybe takes a few too many creative liberties in some areas but is overall fairly faithful to the original style. The Multiplayer though was just an expansion pack for Halo Reach, when it should've been an actual remastered version of the original Ce Multiplayer. Also Reach is not "Halo Ce 2".

MCC is MCC. Enough said. In addition, why not remake the entire Halo 2 experience? Why stop at six maps?

Halo 4 and Halo 5...to put it simply it's just like "what the -Yoink- are you guys doing"? So many completely avoidable mistakes were made it just blows my mind. Every step forward the two games made (of which there were indeed some steps forward) is completely negated by another step backwards simultaneously.

Quote:
Title Updates, Playlist Updates, Halo Anniversary Content, etc.
Bungie created Reach, but eventually 343I were the ones left to support it.
Thank you!
OP. I was wrong about Reach. Sorry man.
343 are worse than EA in my
opinion.
Steps in the right direction:

Removing the physical disk from the $250 Limited Collector's Edition and then making the most loyal fans trade in their digital code and wait for a disk to be shipped ;D
Removal of split-screen, LAN and co-op matchmaking.
Removal of oddball,assault, juggernaut, infection(but its coming!maybe..), Grifball(coming....too late), BTB(added too late with trash maps) and too many gametypes to list.
No spartan ops/firefight.
Not having a working theater/forge/file share.
Refusing to have a dedicated team to fixing UI/weapon balancing issues.
Not addressing the BROKEN aiming system(deadzones/acceleration) until almost 2 months after launch.
Adding in a Pay2Win system that rewards money and luck, over time and effort.
Continuing to use seasons that reward winning, over skill and teamwork.
Lowering the time to kill to reward grenade spammers and aggressive players.
Adding in heavy bullet magnetism with aim assist and enlarging hitboxes/hitscan.
Falsely advertising the lackluster campaign.
Adding in one of the worst teammate AIs of recent gaming.
Removing Master Chief from a majority of the campaign.
Warden Eternal.........
Releasing "remix"/forge maps and claiming them as "Free DLC" .
Having very low core features, map variety and requiring online connection for 90% of included features.
Not punishing quitters as harshly as they should, despite it being an epidemic plaguing the game(including ranked).
Ignoring negative feedback on Spartan Charge(should have never made it passed the beta) and reducing the Radar(BIG MISTAKE).
Adding in ADS on the BR and Spartan callouts(another feature that was negatively received in the beta).
Some of the worst spawns in Halo history.
Incredibly low quality graphics for a next gen game.
Ignoring issues that were mentioned back in Halo Reach/4(Massive sniper hitbox and sprint come to mind)
One of the worst rated and worst selling games in the series with a dropping population.

ALL steps in the "right" direction. I think that is most, if not all of them. Feel free to add to the list if I forgot something.
haloboi wrote:

Removing the physical disk from the $250 Limited Collector's Edition and then making the most loyal fans trade in their digital code and wait for a disk to be shipped ;D
Removal of oddball,assault, juggernaut, infection(but its coming!maybe..), Grifball(coming....too late), BTB(added too late with trash maps) and too many gametypes to list.
Not addressing the BROKEN aiming system(deadzones/acceleration) until almost 2 months after launch.
Adding in heavy bullet magnetism with aim assist and enlarging hitboxes/hitscan.
Warden Eternal.........
Having very low core features, map variety and requiring online connection for 90% of included features.
Not punishing quitters as harshly as they should, despite it being an epidemic plaguing the game(including ranked).
Ignoring negative feedback on Spartan Charge(should have never made it passed the beta) and reducing the Radar(BIG MISTAKE).
Adding in ADS on the BR and Spartan callouts(another feature that was negatively received in the beta).
Ignoring issues that were mentioned back in Halo Reach/4(Massive sniper hitbox and sprint come to mind)
One of the worst rated and worst selling games in the series with a dropping population.

ALL steps in the "right" direction. I think that is most, if not all of them. Feel free to add to the list if I forgot something.
Yahtzee!
I couldn't agree more! It has been a lot of "Right Idea! Less than stellar execution".
haloboi wrote:

Warden Eternal.........

Customization- instead of having of interchangeable pieces like in the past instead we are greeted with sets that have either 3-5 copies or just 1 with colored lines added to make it seem different, plus tons of fugly armor that you are forced to unlock because of the req system.

Colors-They had colors to build off of and improve on/add onto, opportunity to have a third color option especially with the white lined variants. Colors on armors are different colors with other armors which results with inconsistencies with matching colors, then primary and secondary don't have the option to get both the exact same colors from either color options for primary and secondary.

Emblems-From being your own to being 343i standard preset offerings

Yaaaaaaay
I don't agree with the idea that they saved Reach. They made a patch that few people were in favour for and currently, all playlists containing that patch are empty. Not to mention that they still didn't nerf or buff weapons or vehicles that really needed them (Banshee bomb is still ridiculous). They also removed and re-orgnanised several playlists that they haven't gone back to and touched (half the playlists are empty, barely reaching 10 even on weekends).

If you're talking about the last map pack then I have to correct you as they weren't the ones developing them.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2