Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

343i ur being swindled beig time by Infinity Ward.

OP ThexXx0MARxXx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Halo doesn't have 2.5 million dislikes though XD
No, Halo had 2.5 million people abandoning the series.
A lot of these complaints are overly picky... how many different ways can you display a distant, rocky planet with a mining colony? Which is most certainly what humanity will do once interplanetary travel is possible. Most rocky planets will look similar, most aircrafts will look similar due to aerodynamical reasons, military ships will be named as nautical ships most likely.

Truth is a lot of these similarities are spun from ideas that are, ultimately, simply grounded in reality. There isn't really much else you can do.
And yet that dropship was IDENTICAL to the pelican.
Ohhhhhhh shoot! *rapid mlg airhorn sounds*
HiIAmMoot wrote:
I guess it's only Karma if you're copying from other games yourself.
Oh freaking snap...
And people said Halo was copying COD. Hahahahahaha
Looks like infinity ward is trying to become 343 more than anything. Plus I've always wanted to play the wars as marines before Spartans came along.
And people said Halo was copying COD. Hahahahahaha
Nothing new from the CoD series taking something from another game though.
gethtones wrote:
That video is ridiculous

Halo wasn't the first game to have the military fighting rebels or whatever so that whole point is moot

Both games have a woman in a navy uniform that happens to have black hair. Big deal.

Both games have a cliche square Jawed "military veteran" type character.

Both games have clichéd aircraft that look like futuristic versions of today's aircraft.

Etc, etc, it's hardly copying halo.
Thank you. After I saw the video I wanted to say everything you just said.

This is getting ridiculous. Since when was the gaming population taken over by hipsters? The comparison to Meridian is sooooo dumb. Meridian itself has an atmosphere that's similar to paintings and movies that have been around for years. The idea that Halo has some sort of ownership over anything weather/sky related is ridiculous. Even the UNSA UNSC comparison is stupid. There are literally hundreds of groups and organizations that start with UNS and it makes complete sense to 1. Use the UN in Geneva as a central target. for a world scale dilemma and 2. To start a united nations space program with the letters UNS..

ALSO the ship comparisons are silly as well. No -Yoink- a cargo ship in space will look like a pelican. Guess what, the pelican is a ripoff of the cargo military planes on earth. Does anyone realize how many air/space ships have been invented over the years? Good luck trying to design a brand new ship that makes sense but doesn't resemble something else already made. What did people expect, cargo ships with yhe cargo space above the plane with a shark fin and the plane has to do a barrel roll to unload it's passengers?
Plot twist, 343 and infinity ward are putting there games in the same universe.
CrazeTurk wrote:
Wouldn't say that number is accurate for halo, maybe over the last 5 years, but Infinite Warfare's TRAILER has only been out for a month and it's already being considered a failure by fans of all franchises, including their own.
CrazeTurk wrote:
**Air horns**
CrazeTurk wrote:
Wouldn't say that number is accurate for halo, maybe over the last 5 years, but Infinite Warfare's TRAILER has only been out for a month and it's already being considered a failure by fans of all franchises, including their own.
Yeah, it was pretty close to that with Advanced Warfare, but hey all the CoD fans got it anyways... More will most likely line up just for the remake of Modern Warfare.

Personal could careless, BF1 and Gears come out beforehand, those will give me plenty of play time.
gethtones wrote:
That video is ridiculous

Halo wasn't the first game to have the military fighting rebels or whatever soon best whole point is moot.

Both games have a woman in a navy uniform that happens to have black hair. Big deal.

Both games have clichéd aircraft that look like futuristic versions of today's aircraft.

Yeah, I honestly don't see the similarities either. Halo isn't the first game or story to have a sci-fi setting.

A lot of the stuff in the Call of Duty trailer is pretty basic, generic stuff when it comes to futuristic military. Everything from the rebels, the ships, a united earth government. None if this is unique to Halo and has been around in stories long before Halo even existed.
I do see the similarities, but like you guys said, Infinite Warfare is a sci-fi shooter. There are similarities in a lot of military sci-fi kind of stuff. It's bound to happen with the amount of stories out in the world; lol! That's why I don't care that it looks so similar to Halo.
gethtones wrote:
That video is ridiculous

Halo wasn't the first game to have the military fighting rebels or whatever so that whole point is moot

Thank you. After I saw the video I wanted to say everything you just said.

This is getting ridiculous. Since when was the gaming population taken over by hipsters? The comparison to Meridian is sooooo dumb. Meridian itself has an atmosphere that's similar to paintings and movies that have been around for years. The idea that Halo has some sort of ownership over anything weather/sky related is ridiculous. Even the UNSA UNSC comparison is stupid. There are literally hundreds of groups and organizations that start with UNS and it makes complete sense to 1. Use the UN in Geneva as a central target. for a world scale dilemma and 2. To start a united nations space program with the letters UNS..

ALSO the ship comparisons are silly as well. No -Yoink- a cargo ship in space will look like a pelican. Guess what, the pelican is a ripoff of the cargo military planes on earth. Does anyone realize how many air/space ships have been invented over the years? Good luck trying to design a brand new ship that makes sense but doesn't resemble something else already made. What did people expect, cargo ships with yhe cargo space above the plane with a shark fin and the plane has to do a barrel roll to unload it's passengers?
United United
Nations Nations
Security Space
Council Command

That is all.
gethtones wrote:
That video is ridiculous

Halo wasn't the first game to have the military fighting rebels or whatever soon best whole point is moot.

Yeah, I honestly don't see the similarities either. Halo isn't the first game or story to have a sci-fi setting.

A lot of the stuff in the Call of Duty trailer is pretty basic, generic stuff when it comes to futuristic military. Everything from the rebels, the ships, a united earth government. None if this is unique to Halo and has been around in stories long before Halo even existed.
I do see the similarities, but like you guys said, Infinite Warfare is a sci-fi shooter. There are similarities in a lot of military sci-fi kind of stuff. It's bound to happen with the amount of stories out in the world; lol! That's why I don't care that it looks so similar to Halo.
I must be blind then, because I just don't see how it reminds anyone of Halo. If it's because it's sci-fi then people must not really know about anything other than Halo.

The fact that they are both sci-fi games is the only similarity between them, and that's nowhere near enough to say that CoD is copying Halo.
Also, let's not forget how much Halo took directly from the Aliens franchise.
Well I mean one is supposed to be a SciFi Military shooter and the other is a World War I shooter. I liked it better when modern shooters stayed modern or in the past, and all the futuristic stuff was left to dudes in green armor or people with the name John
CoD isn't a World War I shooter. Just because it started off that way doesn't mean it will always be that. Unlike most games, a lot of CoD games have a different setting and don't follow one set storyline, with the exception of the Modern Warfare series and Black Ops. That gives them the flexibility to make a CoD game in any time or place without being bound to one time, place, or event.
I meant to say World War II, and yes it is a world war 2 shooter. 12 games, 4 of them set in the past. Their best success came with taking historical events and changing them or "marketing" them in a certain war. Black Ops and Modern Warfare both exist with some sense of history and current times.

Black Ops took an unconventional time in history and created a compelling narrative without need for too many historical events. Modern Warfare has a weird number of parallels to the events happening in the real world at the time.

After they got success, they muscled in the other big shooter type. Sci Fi. They've certainly transformed from making interesting and layered stories, and now just control the market. Not good for actual Sci fi games like Halo or the DOA Titanfall.
CrazeTurk wrote:
The easiest way to see how disliked it is is that Activision decided that the Modern Warfare Remaster would ONLY come with special editions of Infinite Warfare. Even though they are potentially shooting themselves in the foot with the amount of people who would buy the remaster seperately
A lot of these complaints are overly picky... how many different ways can you display a distant, rocky planet with a mining colony? Which is most certainly what humanity will do once interplanetary travel is possible. Most rocky planets will look similar, most aircrafts will look similar due to aerodynamical reasons, military ships will be named as nautical ships most likely.

Truth is a lot of these similarities are spun from ideas that are, ultimately, simply grounded in reality. There isn't really much else you can do.
And yet that dropship was IDENTICAL to the pelican.
Notice I said A LOT not all...
Well I mean one is supposed to be a SciFi Military shooter and the other is a World War I shooter. I liked it better when modern shooters stayed modern or in the past, and all the futuristic stuff was left to dudes in green armor or people with the name John
CoD isn't a World War I shooter. Just because it started off that way doesn't mean it will always be that. Unlike most games, a lot of CoD games have a different setting and don't follow one set storyline, with the exception of the Modern Warfare series and Black Ops. That gives them the flexibility to make a CoD game in any time or place without being bound to one time, place, or event.
I meant to say World War II, and yes it is a world war 2 shooter. 12 games, 4 of them set in the past. Their best success came with taking historical events and changing them or "marketing" them in a certain war. Black Ops and Modern Warfare both exist with some sense of history and current times.

Black Ops took an unconventional time in history and created a compelling narrative without need for too many historical events. Modern Warfare has a weird number of parallels to the events happening in the real world at the time.

After they got success, they muscled in the other big shooter type. Sci Fi. They've certainly transformed from making interesting and layered stories, and now just control the market. Not good for actual Sci fi games like Halo or the DOA Titanfall.
Ok, again, just because it started off as World War II doesn't mean that's what defines it. CoD has expanded into many different events and times since then.

Most games have a set theme. For example, Halo, it's a straight up sci-fi franchise. Each CoD game has its own theme. You can't honestly say that the Modern Warfare series, Black Ops, Advanced Warfare, and now Infinite Warfare are still World War II shooters. Unless it takes place during World War II, it is not a World War II shooter, despite its origins.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3