Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] 3D Printed Spartans look pretty bad...

OP Hot Juicy Pie

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15
Mine dont look like the one on pic of the OP. and i dont care of the quality, its a -Yoinking!- figure of my spartan with MY name on it. i dreamed of this since im a kid( not a spartan one but whatever)
For being 3D printed I don't think it looks THAT bad lol but I feel its over priced for sure.
also, its 3D printing, I DID expect this quality.
Could of just bought the toy figure and bought a stand with everything you want
This is a money grabber if I ever seen one. Not worth it.
provide some evidence before ya go on bashing the product. The ones that I've seen look fine, not flawless but its what ya get.
The OP put a picture with his post and it looks bad that is enough evidence
Whoa
I actually have one, it's a lot nicer than it looks on the video.
Well to make up for the poor appearance, the price should be significantly lowered. And the free shipping time limit should be made longer. So it'll actually be worth the amount spent.
provide some evidence before ya go on bashing the product. The ones that I've seen look fine, not flawless but its what ya get.
Maybe read the name on the statue? It says Major Nelson, the Xbox spokesperson... He shared it on his twitter feed a few hours ago...
I actually have one, it's a lot nicer than it looks on the video.
By all mean, share some pictures of it. I'm not trying to bash the product. Just warning people ahead of time that they might not be getting what they expected.
its 3D printed guys..
China has 3d printed entire houses for living in and they continue to do so
Reminds me of that one Geralt statue from TW2 collectors edition.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I've never seen that before and I just died.
So, when I went to a Microsoft Store nearby here, they had a 3D printing machine and demo for everyone to try out. People were printing out insanely detailed (as compared to this) T-Rex skulls and skeletons, and different random robot parts for free. I'm not saying these designs/builds are so bad that they should be put in a fire, but I certainly don't think they're near worth the price. 3D printing is at a level where it can look hyper-realistic for relatively cheap, assuming one has the expensive machine already.

I highly doubt the cost is anywhere near the cost of production on this. I wouldn't be so quick to assign malicious intent to 343 or Microsoft; it's likely all they could get as far as partnerships/deals go with relative ease, but to be so quick to defend - and use false dilemmas for such defenses - seems naive. No, someone not being able to solve a problem has no bearing on if or if not the problem exists. It doesn't matter that you can't get 3D printed personalized Halo figures anywhere else - the quality of these models are sub-par regardless. I would buy one for 10 bucks, absolutely, and I wouldn't doubt money would still be made on that purchase too.
Thanks for the heads up. Yeeesh I could do better with spit wads and a marker.
Yeah id like to see that
You do get a free req pack though guys! ;-)
Well to make up for the poor appearance, the price should be significantly lowered. And the free shipping time limit should be made longer. So it'll actually be worth the amount spent.
Yeah that's not going to happen.
I'd rather buy some McFarlane figures and repaint them.
AND they're poseable, beat that 3D printing!
good to know, was thinking of getting my Spartan but they look pretty cheap and crappy.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15