Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] 3D Printed Spartans look pretty bad...

OP Hot Juicy Pie

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 15
LOL!!!!! What did you expect? It's 343...
So you're going to blame 343i for how ugly it looks instead of the freaking company that prints them? I raise a glass of Donald Trump's hidden cancer cure and toast to thy claim.
LOL!!!!! What did you expect? It's 343...
Well... 343 actually makes good character models and graphics, just look at all the new enemies in halo 4. So, they are doing a good job at creating well designed things, so I wouldn't expect a poor job like you would from them.
We all should really Sandboxr as this is something common with merchandise they produce for customers as you can see for yourself by searching up some Smite 3D print outs or World of War Tanks. The most ironic part might be how the company's name is "Sandboxr" which is a pretty good guess on the type of products they will produce if at low cost.
I wasn't expecting it to be amazing quality in the first place, plus it's honestly not that expensive do I don't expect it to be amazing quality.
Shango VI wrote:
We all should really Sandboxr as this is something common with merchandise they produce for customers as you can see for yourself by searching up some Smite 3D print outs or World of War Tanks. The most ironic part might be how the company's name is "Sandboxr" which is a pretty good guess on the type of products they will produce if at low cost.
Right? Like maybe they produce items that looks like they were made in a Sandbox? If people don't like the look of them that is fine but these are designed to look like they do because it is the company's theme.
Holy balls, the custom 3D printed Rock Band 2 figures you could buy back in 2008-2009 looked better than these, and those were $75.

http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/images_blogs/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/10/bandmatesbass01.jpg
BigMoistRS wrote:
I wasn't expecting it to be amazing quality in the first place, plus it's honestly not that expensive do I don't expect it to be amazing quality.
Wow. So 90$ "isn't that expensive"? So get rich bro? Sure, eventually I will but for now I'll just blame 343i for contracting out sandboxr (which they would have already seen their quality before they chose them because that's how licensing things work) and move on.
There are a bunch of different 3d printers at my college and most of them could produce better than what OP posted. There are probably at least a few other companies that could provide better quality.

Honestly I'm surprised more people don't know the only reason it is as expensive as it is is because 343i dictates price based off of what sandboxr gives it to them for and their own greedy, selfish business practices. Say sandboxr charges 25$ for the largest one, which is pretty reasonable. Then 343i knocks that out of the park to 90 because licensing and Spartan figure and I LOVE MONEY. I garuntee sandboxr's initial (wholesale price is FAR lower than the final one out of 343i.
It could honestly have better quality for.. THAT price. I also don't understand why the Needler replica costs $600.(+tax)
Diktynna wrote:
It could honestly have better quality for.. THAT price. I also don't understand why the Needler replica costs $600.(+tax)
I don't know which one you are talking about but if it's the one on YouTube then I understand. Just look up the video and you'll understand too.
When I have the armour I want I am still going to get one of these. I think it is a cool idea and I only want the small one, no need for a 5 inch or 7 inch figurine if it's going to sit on my desk right?
I haven't gotten one, I hope it isn't as bad as everyone says it is.... I really do because it sounds really cool.
What size is it? Any one have a picture of the 80$ one?
343i needs to pick a different 3D printing company because this company surely won't put too much detail into our freaking Spartans that we treasure so dearly!
Do not purposely bypass the profanity filter.

Spoiler:
Show
How long has sandbxr or whatever been making stuff if they have only been doing for like a month maybe that's why
they look bad
Maybe that's just a lemon? That's just wishful thinking. It looks like there should of been a layer on it that should have been sanded off.
Eeeek!
Maybe that's just a lemon? That's just wishful thinking. It looks like there should of been a layer on it that should have been sanded off.
Maybe it's just an overshield... yea lets go with that
Diktynna wrote:
The needler replica came in a special edition Xbox console bundle that was available in the UK only. So those who are willing to sell only the needler they can essentially charge whatever they want.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 15