8 Years, 4 Months, and 7 Days

OP MyNameMatters

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
It was September 26th, 2007 when my favorite Halo game was released. For me Halo 3 was more competitive and fun than any other halo game to follow. The population was incredible and the gameplay was even better. It takes me back to better times. While I'm not here to start wars on which game is the best, because everyone will have different opinions and that's just fine. I want to talk about a few things that we need to incorporate back into Halo 5.

Playlists
Now I know some of you are thinking, "We already have Ranked and Social playlists" and you would be correct. I'm saying we need complete playlists.
  • Ranked (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, etc)
  • Social (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, Action Sack, GrifBall, etc)
In my opinion having the separate playlists will filter out the match up inconsistency that we see so much of in Arena. I'm not saying it will eliminate the problem, but I do believe it will make a difference.

Pregame/Postgame Medals
Does this one really need explaining? I mean who doesn't like to see their carnage report full of Multikills and Killing sprees?! Who your rival was. Who you killed the most and your Tool of Destruction! The Prestigious MVP award telling all the other Spartans you mean business.

Bungie.net
Yes I know, this may just be a curse word on this site.I love halowaypoint, it's the first site I've really tried to be involved with when it comes to the community. That being said, can I just point out that after 8 YEARS we still don't have anything close to as good as bungie.net? I would like to think that after 8 years we be able to come up with some amazing new way to view our complete spartan history.

Bungie.net had everything. The UI was simple yet elegant. Career Stats, Heat Maps, Ratings, Campaign Stats, Custom Game Stats, Game History. You could organize stats by map and gametype. You had the ability to compare against friends and other gamers. Bottom Line it's superior to what we currently have.

I'm not trying to say what we have is horrible, because quite honestly it's still great. I'm just saying that with all the time that has passed, it could be far better than anything that we've seen.

Thanks for reading, share your thoughts! I want to know if you guys think I'm out of my mind or if you agree.
I totally agree. My friends and I loved to compare medal chests on Bungie. Waypoint would be much better with a similar service record.
Right? I used to get on and check my stats everyday against my friends. It added another sense of competition for me.
yupp. waypoint is hella RookieBasic

(thank you microsoft for the new insult)
Want a pumpkin spice with that?
yupp. waypoint is hella RookieBasic

(thank you microsoft for the new insult)
My man! Lol

Yeah I miss bnet. It was a lot of fun. And Bungie trolled the forums like none other lol.
Seriously though why after so long do we have a sub par statistic viewing format?
It was September 26th, 2007 when my favorite Halo game was released. For me Halo 3 was more competitive and fun than any other halo game to follow. The population was incredible and the gameplay was even better. It takes me back to better times. While I'm not here to start wars on which game is the best, because everyone will have different opinions and that's just fine. I want to talk about a few things that we need to incorporate back into Halo 5.

Playlists
Now I know some of you are thinking, "We already have Ranked and Social playlists" and you would be correct. I'm saying we need complete playlists.
  • Social (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, Action Sack, GrifBall, etc)
In my opinion having the separate playlists will filter out the match up inconsistency that we see so much of in Arena. I'm not saying it will eliminate the problem, but I do believe it will make a difference.

Pregame/Postgame Medals
Does this one really need explaining? I mean who doesn't like to see their carnage report full of Multikills and Killing sprees?! Who your rival was. Who you killed the most and your Tool of Destruction! The Prestigious MVP award telling all the other Spartans you mean business.

Bungie.net
Yes I know, this may just be a curse word on this site.I love halowaypoint, it's the first site I've really tried to be involved with when it comes to the community. That being said, can I just point out that after 8 YEARS we still don't have anything close to as good as bungie.net? I would like to think that after 8 years we be able to come up with some amazing new way to view our complete spartan history.

Bungie.net had everything. The UI was simple yet elegant. Career Stats, Heat Maps, Ratings, Campaign Stats, Custom Game Stats, Game History. You could organize stats by map and gametype. You had the ability to compare against friends and other gamers. Bottom Line it's superior to what we currently have.

I'm not trying to say what we have is horrible, because quite honestly it's still great. I'm just saying that with all the time that has passed, it could be far better than anything that we've seen.

Thanks for reading, share your thoughts! I want to know if you guys think I'm out of my mind or if you agree.
I agree with the postgame medals and bungie.net was better than waypoint (halo tracker is getting better..so I use that more).

Playlists would be nice but I still don't think we have the population for it based on some of the claims on the support forum saying people can't find games.

As far as the rank vs social separation - it's not really necessary. We don't need ranked slayer and social slayer - at least I don't. If you want to "mess around", play customs with friends (custom game finder would be better than duplicate playlists to me), or play the fun stuff like action sack (hopefully will be added once community has more time with forge to make some cool stuff) or (I know this is just crazy) - just play - if you lose rank and k/d - oh well - get it back tomorrow.
They need to make a companion app for the forums like b.net has. I still use the b.net gaming section all the time because it's so easy to access

Playlists

Pregame/Postgame Medals

Bungie.net

I agree with the postgame medals and bungie.net was better than waypoint (halo tracker is getting better..so I use that more).

Playlists would be nice but I still don't think we have the population for it based on some of the claims on the support forum saying people can't find games.

As far as the rank vs social separation - it's not really necessary. We don't need ranked slayer and social slayer - at least I don't. If you want to "mess around", play customs with friends (custom game finder would be better than duplicate playlists to me), or play the fun stuff like action sack (hopefully will be added once community has more time with forge to make some cool stuff) or (I know this is just crazy) - just play - if you lose rank and k/d - oh well - get it back tomorrow.
The only reason I say social playlists is to keep the casuals out of arena v.s. arena out of social. Social is just mess around have fun. Nobody likes having teammates that cant hold their own.
Yeah eloquently put. To me everything now just seems unfinished and missing all the small details (and some major ones) either intentionally or just completely looked over and missed.. Now everything feels rushed and thrown together like the night before an essay is due or something. I don't get that sense of concern from 343i to produce the same level of quality
xRaTIoNaLx wrote:
Yeah eloquently put. To me everything now just seems unfinished and missing all the small details (and some major ones) either intentionally or just completely looked over and missed.. Now everything feels rushed and thrown together like the night before an essay is due or something. I don't get that sense of concern from 343i to produce the same level of quality
Even in Waypoint's service record, your spartan looks poorly copy/pasted onto the page. I just don't understand why.
They need to make a companion app for the forums like b.net has. I still use the b.net gaming section all the time because it's so easy to access
There was a Waypoint app that functioned amazingly for both Halo Reach and Halo 4, as well as having the rest of website (including the forums) accessible. Support was cut for the app a few months before the Halo Channel was launched, which also has its own app.
3 was amazing. Always feeling lucky when I can get a BTB match going on MCC, which is... rare. 5 is fun too, don't get me wrong, but the feeling is just different and more fun to me.
3 was amazing. Always feeling lucky when I can get a BTB match going on MCC, which is... rare. 5 is fun too, don't get me wrong, but the feeling is just different and more fun to me.
Wasn't it though? No high magnetism and enhanced mechanics. Pure Weapon/Map control and skill to decide the match. I keep telling myself how a Halo3 anniversary would make me ecstatic. Though I highly doubt it will see a return. It's a shame MCC was such a catastrophic disaster.
we could really use the post game medals
If there are people that don't agree with the OP, then you never played Halo 3 back in the days. Honestly people need to realize that Bungie's Halo games felt like... well, "Bungie". Most people don't realize just how different going from Halo 1-Reach, and then going to Halo 4-5 and realizing how much different they just.. feel, in literally almost every aspect, from core gameplay to the art-style of the game. It's all different, and considering all of Bungie's Halo games felt similar, and then a new developer comes in and changes everything, of course people are going to be upset, there is a huge difference in the way Bungie's games feel compared to 343's. This is of course opinion, but based on how many people have complained about this there is obviously a decent amount of the community who do not like what 343 has done with Halo, whether for reason "x" or reason "y".

Playlists

Pregame/Postgame Medals

Bungie.net

Also, something kind of minor, but why isn't Jeff Steitzer's voice (didn't spell that right) in warzone instead of stupid Palmer's. I can guarantee that everyone would be fine with his voice instead of hers, plus she doesn't even announce medals....

Pregame/Postgame Medals

yeah, this is possibly the worst thing they did with halo 5 in my opinion.... i want to see stats right after the game, and who did well right after the game. not come here on waypoint and look through recent games. Show me who the MVP was and who had highest killing spree / multikill. It really triggers me that this is not in the postgame. I also wish there was a pre-game interface that somehow showed ranks, armor, and are able to view someones stats. But I guess there may have been an actual reason to take that out... idk man the struggle is real
Taylord225 wrote:
Pregame/Postgame Medals

yeah, this is possibly the worst thing they did with halo 5 in my opinion.... i want to see stats right after the game, and who did well right after the game. not come here on waypoint and look through recent games. Show me who the MVP was and who had highest killing spree / multikill. It really triggers me that this is not in the postgame. I also wish there was a pre-game interface that somehow showed ranks, armor, and are able to view someones stats. But I guess there may have been an actual reason to take that out... idk man the struggle is real
I agree 100% Especially with pregame. It feels so strange when I have no idea who I'm playing against. You should be able to see their gamertag and service record. I can understand that maybe they might not want people to get intimidated by teams they're going up against but it's still pretty ridiculous.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8