OP MyNameMatters

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
It is so sad that Halo will never be Halo again.
Even worse now it is filled up with microtransactions and Automatic guns.
Also, something kind of minor, but why isn't Jeff Steitzer's voice (didn't spell that right) in warzone instead of stupid Palmer's. I can guarantee that everyone would be fine with his voice instead of hers, plus she doesn't even announce medals....
Yeah I miss that. I also think that when you're getting multiple kills (double, triple, so on) those medals should show on your screen before the headshots and stuff. Sometimes I don't know what multikill I'm on and get distracted by the minor medals that pop up.
I think it's funny H3 is referred to as magical when in reality, when it was released it got a pretty negative response from the community when it came out. It strayed far from Halo 2 as they tried to modernize it, and the bullet spread they added on still haunts me, hell playing Halo 3 competitively on MCC is beyond tough just because of the fact that you have to lead your shots on a target that's 10 ft away.
v Stoney v wrote:
I think it's funny H3 is referred to as magical when in reality, when it was released it got a pretty negative response from the community when it came out. It strayed far from Halo 2 as they tried to modernize it, and the bullet spread they added on still haunts me, hell playing Halo 3 competitively on MCC is beyond tough just because of the fact that you have to lead your shots on a target that's 10 ft away.
Personally I loved it. Like I said though, I'm not here to wage war. Just make enough noise to make a difference.
Also, something kind of minor, but why isn't Jeff Steitzer's voice (didn't spell that right) in warzone instead of stupid Palmer's. I can guarantee that everyone would be fine with his voice instead of hers, plus she doesn't even announce medals....
Yeah I miss that. I also think that when you're getting multiple kills (double, triple, so on) those medals should show on your screen before the headshots and stuff. Sometimes I don't know what multikill I'm on and get distracted by the minor medals that pop up.
I think they should put the lesser medals on the side or something. Somewhere out of the way.
I think they should put the lesser medals on the side or something. Somewhere out of the way.
Or any at all as far as headshot medals go. I think some of them are unnecessary.
If Halo and its support (including the website support) would have naturally evolved from Halo 3 and continued on that path, I posit that Halo would still be a juggernaut. There would absolutely not be the underlying feeling from most long term Halo fans that Halo in its glory truly ended with 3.
Gravemint wrote:
If Halo and its support (including the website support) would have naturally evolved from Halo 3 and continued on that path, I posit that Halo would still be a juggernaut. There would absolutely not be the underlying feeling from most long term Halo fans that Halo in its glory truly ended with 3.
I always wonder what today's halo would have been like if they continued that path. Halo 3 was the true Juggernaut. I could be wrong but I feel like I remember the population some days surpassing 500,000 players. How amazing would it be to still have that? I enjoy Halo 5 but there will always be a seed of wonder in my mind.
Gravemint wrote:
I always wonder what today's halo would have been like if they continued that path. Halo 3 was the true Juggernaut. I could be wrong but I feel like I remember the population some days surpassing 500,000 players. How amazing would it be to still have that? I enjoy Halo 5 but there will always be a seed of wonder in my mind.
It did and continued at an amazing user population where having less than 100k online at one time would be baffling. Mind you this was during the time when the best COD's were on the market. People say halo needed to evolve or die as if evolution for the sake of evolution is a good thing. I contend that halo needed to progress as it did between 1-3. The moment the game left the golden triangle + vehicle based combat population dwindled (died very fast in h4-5), MLG dropped halo and the overall quality of the product regressed.
It was September 26th, 2007 when my favorite Halo game was released. For me Halo 3 was more competitive and fun than any other halo game to follow. The population was incredible and the gameplay was even better. It takes me back to better times. While I'm not here to start wars on which game is the best, because everyone will have different opinions and that's just fine. I want to talk about a few things that we need to incorporate back into Halo 5.

Playlists
Now I know some of you are thinking, "We already have Ranked and Social playlists" and you would be correct. I'm saying we need complete playlists.
  • Ranked (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, etc)
  • Social (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, Action Sack, GrifBall, etc)
In my opinion having the separate playlists will filter out the match up inconsistency that we see so much of in Arena. I'm not saying it will eliminate the problem, but I do believe it will make a difference.

Pregame/Postgame Medals
Does this one really need explaining? I mean who doesn't like to see their carnage report full of Multikills and Killing sprees?! Who your rival was. Who you killed the most and your Tool of Destruction! The Prestigious MVP award telling all the other Spartans you mean business.

Bungie.net
Yes I know, this may just be a curse word on this site.I love halowaypoint, it's the first site I've really tried to be involved with when it comes to the community. That being said, can I just point out that after 8 YEARS we still don't have anything close to as good as bungie.net? I would like to think that after 8 years we be able to come up with some amazing new way to view our complete spartan history.

Bungie.net had everything. The UI was simple yet elegant. Career Stats, Heat Maps, Ratings, Campaign Stats, Custom Game Stats, Game History. You could organize stats by map and gametype. You had the ability to compare against friends and other gamers. Bottom Line it's superior to what we currently have.

I'm not trying to say what we have is horrible, because quite honestly it's still great. I'm just saying that with all the time that has passed, it could be far better than anything that we've seen.

Thanks for reading, share your thoughts! I want to know if you guys think I'm out of my mind or if you agree.
Great post. Deserves to be heard. Maybe Halo 5's success with sales and req revenue will help to fund an awesome Halo 6 game and community.

I love Halo 5, its 1000x better than Halo 4 in my opinion, but there are many features lacking that make the game not as good as Halo 3. Its not that there are any bad features, its that there needs to be more good features.
Gravemint wrote:
It did and continued at an amazing user population where having less than 100k online at one time would be baffling. Mind you this was during the time when the best COD's were on the market. People say halo needed to evolve or die as if evolution for the sake of evolution is a good thing. I contend that halo needed to progress as it did between 1-3. The moment the game left the golden triangle + vehicle based combat population dwindled (died very fast in h4-5), MLG dropped halo and the overall quality of the product regressed.
As soon as Reach dropped and I noticed lack of 1-50 Ranking I stopped playing (Along with Abilities and other things) I also never purchased Halo 4 because of the horrible aftertaste reach gave me.

On an MLG note, I haven't understood why they currently are using the Motion Sensor and seemingly Map Default weapons? I mean I still support them and think it's fun to watch but back with H3 weapons were specific and no sensors were used.
It was September 26th, 2007 when my favorite Halo game was released. For me Halo 3 was more competitive and fun than any other halo game to follow. The population was incredible and the gameplay was even better. It takes me back to better times. While I'm not here to start wars on which game is the best, because everyone will have different opinions and that's just fine. I want to talk about a few things that we need to incorporate back into Halo 5.

Playlists
Now I know some of you are thinking, "We already have Ranked and Social playlists" and you would be correct. I'm saying we need complete playlists.
  • Social (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, Action Sack, GrifBall, etc)
In my opinion having the separate playlists will filter out the match up inconsistency that we see so much of in Arena. I'm not saying it will eliminate the problem, but I do believe it will make a difference.

Pregame/Postgame Medals
Does this one really need explaining? I mean who doesn't like to see their carnage report full of Multikills and Killing sprees?! Who your rival was. Who you killed the most and your Tool of Destruction! The Prestigious MVP award telling all the other Spartans you mean business.

Bungie.net
Yes I know, this may just be a curse word on this site.I love halowaypoint, it's the first site I've really tried to be involved with when it comes to the community. That being said, can I just point out that after 8 YEARS we still don't have anything close to as good as bungie.net? I would like to think that after 8 years we be able to come up with some amazing new way to view our complete spartan history.

Bungie.net had everything. The UI was simple yet elegant. Career Stats, Heat Maps, Ratings, Campaign Stats, Custom Game Stats, Game History. You could organize stats by map and gametype. You had the ability to compare against friends and other gamers. Bottom Line it's superior to what we currently have.

I'm not trying to say what we have is horrible, because quite honestly it's still great. I'm just saying that with all the time that has passed, it could be far better than anything that we've seen.

Thanks for reading, share your thoughts! I want to know if you guys think I'm out of my mind or if you agree.
Great post. Deserves to be heard. Maybe Halo 5's success with sales and req revenue will help to fund an awesome Halo 6 game and community.

I love Halo 5, its 1000x better than Halo 4 in my opinion, but there are many features lacking that make the game not as good as Halo 3. Its not that there are any bad features, its that there needs to be more good features.
Very well stated, The game feels a bit shallow whereas H3 had immense depth and the game was finished on release. Its the best game-play in a long while, yet it just isnt there. Things like dev maps, doubles etc... the basic things need to be included in a halo game especially the mp. Campaign was bland and weak which was a bummer. The old adage for halo : you come for the campaign but you stay for the multiplayer.

Playlists

Pregame/Postgame Medals

Bungie.net

Thanks! I really appreciate it.
I agree as well Halo 5 is a great game and they are doing more good with each update. I just feel like it was missing a few key things that would make their great game even better. I mean there is plenty more than what I listed that they could take from Halo 3. The things I mentioned are just things that I seem still possible to add.
This OP, speaking the truth. I would reward you with a box of oreos but I has no more.
I agree with everything you say. Halo 3 is my favorite game of all time and my most played game. Everything about it was perfect. Hopefully Halo 3:Anniversary will happen!

Playlists

Pregame/Postgame Medals

Bungie.net

Very well stated, The game feels a bit shallow whereas H3 had immense depth and the game was finished on release. Its the best game-play in a long while, yet it just isnt there. Things like dev maps, doubles etc... the basic things need to be included in a halo game especially the mp. Campaign was bland and weak which was a bummer. The old adage for halo : you come for the campaign but you stay for the multiplayer.
Thanks! I did indeed stay for the multiplayer haha. I'm not sure if it's just the Nostalgia of good memories that go along with Halo 3 or what but I have far more love for that individual game than any other game that exists. I think the switch of game developers caused it to be this way and I think 343i means to do well. BUT that being said, I think they are influenced by the generation that started with Reach which is what ruined my experience with Halo until now. Respectively, Reach is their game as well so they can and will do what they think to be best.
I agree with everything you say. Halo 3 is my favorite game of all time and my most played game. Everything about it was perfect. Hopefully Halo 3:Anniversary will happen!
It would be so awesome! I'm curious as to what would happen. I wonder how many of us that started our Halo journey with CE would actually play like old times. If the population would boom or flop. I would play, and I would hope many others would join me.
Halo 3 is probably the worst game in the series.

Playlists

Pregame/Postgame Medals

Bungie.net

Thanks! I did indeed stay for the multiplayer haha. I'm not sure if it's just the Nostalgia of good memories that go along with Halo 3 or what but I have far more love for that individual game than any other game that exists. I think the switch of game developers caused it to be this way and I think 343i means to do well. BUT that being said, I think they are influenced by the generation that started with Reach which is what ruined my experience with Halo until now. Respectively, Reach is their game as well so they can and will do what they think to be best.
Its not nostalgia. Halo 3 was just done right. You had a wide variety of gametypes (slayer, ctf, assault, koth, territories, oddball, juggernaut, VIP, infection) all with a great customization options list for each mode and a decent ranking system complimented with a strong social playlist set. You had a wide variety of maps, alternating in size and color scheme so each map felt different and refreshing. And on top of that, the ease of access to view your and other players' stats, files, SCREENSHOTS AND VIDEOS, was invaluable for a community to prosper. This with the evolution of forge during Halo 3 was why it was so successful.

Notice how I didn't mention the gameplay itself at all in that paragraph. I actually think Halo 5 feels the best out of any Halo game. The thruster is so sick in my opinion.This, along with how incredible forge is on Halo 5, is why I believe Halo 5 gameplay with the Halo 3 layout and playlist/gamemode lineups would be probably one of the greatest games ever made.t
xBELTWAYx wrote:
Halo 3 is probably the worst game in the series.
Great argument, top class stuff right there. All in all it comes down to opinion with regards to personal preference. Thankfully we have metrics to determine what the populace thought about H3. H3 and H2 had far more sizable populations throughout their 3+ year life cycle. H2/3 lasted beyond the next installments release too, which should be really telling for H3 and we all know the insane population it had.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8