1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
I agree with all of this. I want to be able to see more of my stats right here on Waypoint and my post game stats etc
Halo 3 ruined Halo for me. It made what was largely a social game now more centered around competitive play, and that destroyed the game's core aspect for me and a few other I know. Reach and Halo 4 turned that around, but Halo 5 would be just as a dismal experience of it wasn't for warzone.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts/spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Have they even acknowledged anything about post game metals?
yupp. waypoint is hella RookieBasic

(thank you microsoft for the new insult)
Halo 3 ruined Halo for me. It made what was largely a social game now more centered around competitive play, and that destroyed the game's core aspect for me and a few other I know. Reach and Halo 4 turned that around, but Halo 5 would be just as a dismal experience of it wasn't for warzone.
Halo 3 destroyed social game? LOLOLOL
Have they even acknowledged anything about post game metals?
As far as I have read, I haven't seen anything to confirm that they will.
It was September 26th, 2007 when my favorite Halo game was released. For me Halo 3 was more competitive and fun than any other halo game to follow. The population was incredible and the gameplay was even better. It takes me back to better times. While I'm not here to start wars on which game is the best, because everyone will have different opinions and that's just fine. I want to talk about a few things that we need to incorporate back into Halo 5.

Playlists
Now I know some of you are thinking, "We already have Ranked and Social playlists" and you would be correct. I'm saying we need complete playlists.
  • Ranked (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, etc)
  • Social (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, Action Sack, GrifBall, etc)
In my opinion having the separate playlists will filter out the match up inconsistency that we see so much of in Arena. I'm not saying it will eliminate the problem, but I do believe it will make a difference.

Pregame/Postgame Medals
Does this one really need explaining? I mean who doesn't like to see their carnage report full of Multikills and Killing sprees?! Who your rival was. Who you killed the most and your Tool of Destruction! The Prestigious MVP award telling all the other Spartans you mean business.

Bungie.net
Yes I know, this may just be a curse word on this site.I love halowaypoint, it's the first site I've really tried to be involved with when it comes to the community. That being said, can I just point out that after 8 YEARS we still don't have anything close to as good as bungie.net? I would like to think that after 8 years we be able to come up with some amazing new way to view our complete spartan history.

Bungie.net had everything. The UI was simple yet elegant. Career Stats, Heat Maps, Ratings, Campaign Stats, Custom Game Stats, Game History. You could organize stats by map and gametype. You had the ability to compare against friends and other gamers. Bottom Line it's superior to what we currently have.

I'm not trying to say what we have is horrible, because quite honestly it's still great. I'm just saying that with all the time that has passed, it could be far better than anything that we've seen.

Thanks for reading, share your thoughts! I want to know if you guys think I'm out of my mind or if you agree.
Thanks! I did indeed stay for the multiplayer haha. I'm not sure if it's just the Nostalgia of good memories that go along with Halo 3 or what but I have far more love for that individual game than any other game that exists. I think the switch of game developers caused it to be this way and I think 343i means to do well. BUT that being said, I think they are influenced by the generation that started with Reach which is what ruined my experience with Halo until now. Respectively, Reach is their game as well so they can and will do what they think to be best.
Its not nostalgia. Halo 3 was just done right. You had a wide variety of gametypes (slayer, ctf, assault, koth, territories, oddball, juggernaut, VIP, infection) all with a great customization options list for each mode and a decent ranking system complimented with a strong social playlist set. You had a wide variety of maps, alternating in size and color scheme so each map felt different and refreshing. And on top of that, the ease of access to view your and other players' stats, files, SCREENSHOTS AND VIDEOS, was invaluable for a community to prosper. This with the evolution of forge during Halo 3 was why it was so successful.

Notice how I didn't mention the gameplay itself at all in that paragraph. I actually think Halo 5 feels the best out of any Halo game. The thruster is so sick in my opinion.This, along with how incredible forge is on Halo 5, is why I believe Halo 5 gameplay with the Halo 3 layout and playlist/gamemode lineups would be probably one of the greatest games ever made.t
I can agree with you as far as Halo 5 gameplay. It is very smooth and I'm starting to come around to the thruster. Yeah I actually got on my bnet yesterday to check out old videos but I couldn't find a way to download them. All of the Filesharing was awesome.
As much as I love Halo 3, and the new things it brought (Theater and Forge), the gameplay was an obvious downstep from Halo 2, IMO.
I also didn't like the graphics in Halo 3.
Erik L wrote:
As much as I love Halo 3, and the new things it brought (Theater and Forge), the gameplay was an obvious downstep from Halo 2, IMO.
I also didn't like the graphics in Halo 3.
When H3 came out, I initially hated it. I didn't like the new contoller layout and I didn't fully understand everything. One week in and it grew on me until eventually it became my favorite game. H2 was amazing too.
I seriously want a file share, a file browser and the ability to take screenshots
Slickini wrote:
I seriously want a file share, a file browser and the ability to take screenshots
Yeah I like being able to store them in game vs having to do it through the xbox menu.
Taylord225 wrote:
Pregame/Postgame Medals
Does this one really need explaining? I mean who doesn't like to see their carnage report full of Multikills and Killing sprees?! Who your rival was. Who you killed the most and your Tool of Destruction! The Prestigious MVP award telling all the other Spartans you mean business.

yeah, this is possibly the worst thing they did with halo 5 in my opinion.... i want to see stats right after the game, and who did well right after the game. not come here on waypoint and look through recent games. Show me who the MVP was and who had highest killing spree / multikill. It really triggers me that this is not in the postgame. I also wish there was a pre-game interface that somehow showed ranks, armor, and are able to view someones stats. But I guess there may have been an actual reason to take that out... idk man the struggle is real
WE NEED MEDALS!!!!!
I used to be completely active on the Bungie.net forums, used to look on there for stats, I was on that thing everyday I got the chance!
Nadesicle wrote:
I used to be completely active on the Bungie.net forums, used to look on there for stats, I was on that thing everyday I got the chance!
Back when I was in high school that was the first website we loaded because we all played together. We would compare everything haha.
Maybe an HCS playlist instead of CTF. I don't see many people playing a CTF only playlist and I know the competitive community really wants an HCS playlist
Maybe an HCS playlist instead of CTF. I don't see many people playing a CTF only playlist and I know the competitive community really wants an HCS playlist
Yeah that could be good!
Nostalgia is kicking me straight in the face now but God damn did Halo 3 had the best of everything at the time. Why couldn't some of its magic apply to halo 5 yet...? The playlist, file browser, ect...
Kaine Rano wrote:
Nostalgia is kicking me straight in the face now but God damn did Halo 3 had the best of everything at the time. Why couldn't some of its magic apply to halo 5 yet...? The playlist, file browser, ect...
Yeah I feel like they really did do pretty much everything right in that game. I'm by no means trying to talk bad about 343i because they have put together an awesome game (Halo 5 that is) but up until this point they had lost me.
Yeah that could be good!
I wouldn't mind seeing something like that. Similar to Arena just more geared toward professional competitive play.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8