2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
Maybe an HCS playlist instead of CTF. I don't see many people playing a CTF only playlist and I know the competitive community really wants an HCS playlist
Yeah that could be good!
I wouldn't mind seeing something like that. Similar to Arena just more geared toward professional competitive play.
Like Halo 3 MLG?
So no radar and a powerup? That could be interesting.
I agree. A damage boost would add an interesting style of play. I actually wouldn't mind seeing something like that.
Right? I used to get on and check my stats everyday against my friends. It added another sense of competition for me.
Yeah because Halo 5 totally lacks a competitive mindset.
Tazzman29 wrote:
Right? I used to get on and check my stats everyday against my friends. It added another sense of competition for me.
Yeah because Halo 5 totally lacks a competitive mindset.
I think you misunderstood that. I never said it lacks any part of competition. Halo 5 is very competitive. That's what brought me back to halo. I was just stating that Bungie.net gave me another depth of competition when it came to playing against my friends.
I agree. A damage boost would add an interesting style of play. I actually wouldn't mind seeing something like that.
A damage boost would be intense! Definitely a different dynamic to add to gameplay.
Social Playlists would be clutch.

Make it so we can leave and join mid-game without repercussions. This would add a lot of value to Halo.
Where did the good times go...?
PurityGuy wrote:
Where did the good times go...?
I keep asking myself that same question. If you figure out the answer, be sure to let me know!
Social Playlists would be clutch.

Make it so we can leave and join mid-game without repercussions. This would add a lot of value to Halo.
As long as JIP stays only in Social I'm okay with it. Definitely not Ranked.
Agreed wholeheartedly. I would also like to request that the Social playlists also eliminate KD tracking, or have it's own section separate to Arena stats. I stopped playing Grifball (which I love) because it's destroyed my Arena KD.
Gravemint wrote:
If Halo and its support (including the website support) would have naturally evolved from Halo 3 and continued on that path, I posit that Halo would still be a juggernaut. There would absolutely not be the underlying feeling from most long term Halo fans that Halo in its glory truly ended with 3.
I always wonder what today's halo would have been like if they continued that path. Halo 3 was the true Juggernaut. I could be wrong but I feel like I remember the population some days surpassing 500,000 players. How amazing would it be to still have that? I enjoy Halo 5 but there will always be a seed of wonder in my mind.
It did and continued at an amazing user population where having less than 100k online at one time would be baffling. Mind you this was during the time when the best COD's were on the market. People say halo needed to evolve or die as if evolution for the sake of evolution is a good thing. I contend that halo needed to progress as it did between 1-3. The moment the game left the golden triangle + vehicle based combat population dwindled (died very fast in h4-5), MLG dropped halo and the overall quality of the product regressed.
In my opinion COD is the elephant in the room in terms of why Halo's popularity started to dwindle. I feel often times people want to blame what 343 did or didn't do as the reason to why Halo began to falter. I'm not saying those complaints are not warranted, but COD drew away the casual FPS fans, fans who wanted a more realistic approach to FPS (guns, equipment, etc.), and well fans who wanted an easier game to play.

I would bet everything I own that if even if Halo stayed the same, it would roughly be in the same predicament it is in now. Maybe with less true fans of Halo upset. Except most of the complaints would be about how Halo hasn't evolved enough.
Literally couldn't have said it better
Gravemint wrote:
If Halo and its support (including the website support) would have naturally evolved from Halo 3 and continued on that path, I posit that Halo would still be a juggernaut. There would absolutely not be the underlying feeling from most long term Halo fans that Halo in its glory truly ended with 3.
I always wonder what today's halo would have been like if they continued that path. Halo 3 was the true Juggernaut. I could be wrong but I feel like I remember the population some days surpassing 500,000 players. How amazing would it be to still have that? I enjoy Halo 5 but there will always be a seed of wonder in my mind.
It did and continued at an amazing user population where having less than 100k online at one time would be baffling. Mind you this was during the time when the best COD's were on the market. People say halo needed to evolve or die as if evolution for the sake of evolution is a good thing. I contend that halo needed to progress as it did between 1-3. The moment the game left the golden triangle + vehicle based combat population dwindled (died very fast in h4-5), MLG dropped halo and the overall quality of the product regressed.
In my opinion COD is the elephant in the room in terms of why Halo's popularity started to dwindle. I feel often times people want to blame what 343 did or didn't do as the reason to why Halo began to falter. I'm not saying those complaints are not warranted, but COD drew away the casual FPS fans, fans who wanted a more realistic approach to FPS (guns, equipment, etc.), and well fans who wanted an easier game to play.

I would bet everything I own that if even if Halo stayed the same, it would roughly be in the same predicament it is in now. Maybe with less true fans of Halo upset. Except most of the complaints would be about how Halo hasn't evolved enough.
Yeah you make an excellent point. You can't completely blame 343i and their direction for the loss of a large population. When MW2 came out a lot of people made the switch over to Call of Duty. In fact when Reach came out I found CoD to be more enjoyable. I will admit though I can't stand any CoD game that came out after MW3. In my honest opinion, the games that came out during the Halo 3 era were some of the best games to ever come out. Maybe it's just me, which it very well could be but I loved MW2. The decline of such a massive population still makes me sad though. I loved how many people would play that game at time.
Literally couldn't have said it better
Thanks man
Gravemint wrote:

Yeah you make an excellent point. You can't completely blame 343i and their direction for the loss of a large population. When MW2 came out a lot of people made the switch over to Call of Duty. In fact when Reach came out I found CoD to be more enjoyable. I will admit though I can't stand any CoD game that came out after MW3. In my honest opinion, the games that came out during the Halo 3 era were some of the best games to ever come out. Maybe it's just me, which it very well could be but I loved MW2. The decline of such a massive population still makes me sad though. I loved how many people would play that game at time.
Those early COD were great, but no COD game after MW2 ever interested me. Became to repetitive. I do feel sad for the lost to the Halo population. Halo has been an integral part of my video game life for a long time. I always find myself coming back to Halo.
Gravemint wrote:

Those early COD were great, but no COD game after MW2 ever interested me. Became to repetitive. I do feel sad for the lost to the Halo population. Halo has been an integral part of my video game life for a long time. I always find myself coming back to Halo.
Same here! It would take a miracle to get that high of a population count on any game in this day and age. Though it would be wonderful.
Gravemint wrote:

MW2 was great. COD also evolved for the sake of evolution and a lot of COD fan's find themselves disenfranchised especially with the recent manifestations of the game. Gaming Nostalgia is a slippery slope. It is fun to remissness but it is also an exercise in futility. Change is inevitable, I play Halo 5 because it's fun, the mechanics are solid and to me it feels like the culmination of its predecessors.
I forgot about heat maps! Those were great. Friends and I used to determine how we can adjust our playstyle to control kill zones better.
R0L0 wrote:
I forgot about heat maps! Those were great. Friends and I used to determine how we can adjust our playstyle to control kill zones better.
Heat maps were one of my favorite strategy tools as well. Especially for seeing where I died the most.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8