3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 8
xBELTWAYx wrote:
Halo 3 is probably the worst game in the series.
Troll
What we need is an individual playlist for every gamemode.
What we need is an individual playlist for every gamemode.
I agree. I honestly believe it would help.
R0L0 wrote:
I forgot about heat maps! Those were great. Friends and I used to determine how we can adjust our playstyle to control kill zones better.
Heat maps were one of my favorite strategy tools as well. Especially for seeing where I died the most.
I used heat maps all the time for that same reason.
I also miss viewing medals in game after a match. I also agree that Bungie.net's UI is better, or at least more user-friendly, than Waypoint's.
Chimera30 wrote:
I also miss viewing medals in game after a match. I also agree that Bungie.net's UI is better, or at least more user-friendly, than Waypoint's.
I think thats what I liked so much about Bungie.net. It was ridiculously easy to use.
multi team now 343 please
Even though no one else would probably want it but I really want the ranking just like Halo 3 it made winning so much more important
Bitty wrote:
Even though no one else would probably want it but I really want the ranking just like Halo 3 it made winning so much more important
Actually I would love that Ranking system. It's what made halo fun for me. It also is more consistent than the current one in place. Your unpopular opinion is my unpopular opinion.
Bitty wrote:
Actually I would love that Ranking system. It's what made halo fun for me. It also is more consistent than the current one in place. Your unpopular opinion is my unpopular opinion.
In addition to this and the OP, I totally agree.

Halo 3 was my baby. It was the very first first person shoot I have ever played. I logged so many days of playing time across multiple accounts and Halo is really what showed me what competitive gaming is and how much fun a game can be. Ahh the feeling of getting my first 50 was just so satisfying =)

One thing that really bothers me with this game is that communication system within fireteams. THIS ISSUE NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED!!!

Why is it so hard to see who is talking in the pregame lobby? Why do I have to join a party chat just to talk to my team? I cannot tell you how many times I have been playing by myself and get paired up with 3 other teammates that are all in party chat and then there is no communication. There has been numerous 48-50, 49-50 games that I could've won if the communication was there. Does anyone else feel this way?
I Completely stand by the pregame lobby showing you who is in the game. Not just your emblem and a lucky guess as to who is going to be your teammate. This one is a joke!
Bitty wrote:
Halo 3 had the best ranking system IMO
Bitty wrote:
Halo 3 had the best ranking system IMO
I'll admit there was probably a few tweaks that could be made, but it was definitely my favorite as well.
agreed. Bungie.net blows waypoint out of the water
thebryon wrote:
multi team now 343 please
Wow now that you mentioned it, i really miss the multi team playlist too !!!!
I totally forgot about it lol, it was so much fun having 4 teams each consisting off 2 players all fighting against each other and the often chaotic elements it had, damn that nostalgia feeling o.o

Halo 3 was just so much more fun in its prime...
My favorite Halo with Halo three also. There's not been another HALO since that one.
agreed. Bungie.net blows waypoint out of the water
I think that's why I'm so bugged. That was such a long time ago. Why after so long do we have a stone age system in place.
My favorite Halo with Halo three also. There's not been another HALO since that one.
Halo 5 has been as close to that since Reach. I'm curious to see where it will go from here.
It was September 26th, 2007 when my favorite Halo game was released. For me Halo 3 was more competitive and fun than any other halo game to follow. The population was incredible and the gameplay was even better. It takes me back to better times. While I'm not here to start wars on which game is the best, because everyone will have different opinions and that's just fine. I want to talk about a few things that we need to incorporate back into Halo 5.

Playlists
Now I know some of you are thinking, "We already have Ranked and Social playlists" and you would be correct. I'm saying we need complete playlists.
  • Ranked (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, etc)
  • Social (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, Action Sack, GrifBall, etc)
In my opinion having the separate playlists will filter out the match up inconsistency that we see so much of in Arena. I'm not saying it will eliminate the problem, but I do believe it will make a difference.

Pregame/Postgame Medals
Does this one really need explaining? I mean who doesn't like to see their carnage report full of Multikills and Killing sprees?! Who your rival was. Who you killed the most and your Tool of Destruction! The Prestigious MVP award telling all the other Spartans you mean business.

Bungie.net
Yes I know, this may just be a curse word on this site.I love halowaypoint, it's the first site I've really tried to be involved with when it comes to the community. That being said, can I just point out that after 8 YEARS we still don't have anything close to as good as bungie.net? I would like to think that after 8 years we be able to come up with some amazing new way to view our complete spartan history.

Bungie.net had everything. The UI was simple yet elegant. Career Stats, Heat Maps, Ratings, Campaign Stats, Custom Game Stats, Game History. You could organize stats by map and gametype. You had the ability to compare against friends and other gamers. Bottom Line it's superior to what we currently have.

I'm not trying to say what we have is horrible, because quite honestly it's still great. I'm just saying that with all the time that has passed, it could be far better than anything that we've seen.

Thanks for reading, share your thoughts! I want to know if you guys think I'm out of my mind or if you agree.
Face the facts, bungie (pre-destiny, and pre-activision) was in an entirely different league than 343. Bungie at the time was known for upper echelon quality, and community involvement. 343 doesn't come close in either regard as a developer. You should just expect continued mediocrity from 343 in the future.
Halo 2 and Halo 3 will forever be the Goats
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 8