Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

8 Years, 4 Months, and 7 Days

OP MyNameMatters

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8
It was September 26th, 2007 when my favorite Halo game was released. For me Halo 3 was more competitive and fun than any other halo game to follow. The population was incredible and the gameplay was even better. It takes me back to better times. While I'm not here to start wars on which game is the best, because everyone will have different opinions and that's just fine. I want to talk about a few things that we need to incorporate back into Halo 5.

Playlists
Now I know some of you are thinking, "We already have Ranked and Social playlists" and you would be correct. I'm saying we need complete playlists.
  • Ranked (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, etc)
  • Social (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, Action Sack, GrifBall, etc)
In my opinion having the separate playlists will filter out the match up inconsistency that we see so much of in Arena. I'm not saying it will eliminate the problem, but I do believe it will make a difference.

Pregame/Postgame Medals
Does this one really need explaining? I mean who doesn't like to see their carnage report full of Multikills and Killing sprees?! Who your rival was. Who you killed the most and your Tool of Destruction! The Prestigious MVP award telling all the other Spartans you mean business.

Bungie.net
Yes I know, this may just be a curse word on this site.I love halowaypoint, it's the first site I've really tried to be involved with when it comes to the community. That being said, can I just point out that after 8 YEARS we still don't have anything close to as good as bungie.net? I would like to think that after 8 years we be able to come up with some amazing new way to view our complete spartan history.

Bungie.net had everything. The UI was simple yet elegant. Career Stats, Heat Maps, Ratings, Campaign Stats, Custom Game Stats, Game History. You could organize stats by map and gametype. You had the ability to compare against friends and other gamers. Bottom Line it's superior to what we currently have.

I'm not trying to say what we have is horrible, because quite honestly it's still great. I'm just saying that with all the time that has passed, it could be far better than anything that we've seen.

Thanks for reading, share your thoughts! I want to know if you guys think I'm out of my mind or if you agree.
This right here is my EXACT thoughts on this game. It is absolutely the little things such as this that made Halo 3 such an amazing game. The game itself in terms of gameplay has evolved the way that it should have in my opinion, but this is the reason that I cannot get into the game the way that I did with Halo 3. I have said this before in these forums that especially in big team games they should get rid of the arrows and respawn times on power weapons. When I play big team it is with a group of friends where we want to get the power weapons/vehicles and run around sneaking up on people and having fun. The game is so "structured" if you will in that you cannot screw around in the games the way that you could in others. That is one of the largest reasons that I play halo over other simmilar FPS games.
easton040 wrote:
It was September 26th, 2007 when my favorite Halo game was released. For me Halo 3 was more competitive and fun than any other halo game to follow. The population was incredible and the gameplay was even better. It takes me back to better times. While I'm not here to start wars on which game is the best, because everyone will have different opinions and that's just fine. I want to talk about a few things that we need to incorporate back into Halo 5.

Playlists
Now I know some of you are thinking, "We already have Ranked and Social playlists" and you would be correct. I'm saying we need complete playlists.
  • Ranked (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, etc)
  • Social (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, Action Sack, GrifBall, etc)
In my opinion having the separate playlists will filter out the match up inconsistency that we see so much of in Arena. I'm not saying it will eliminate the problem, but I do believe it will make a difference.

Pregame/Postgame Medals
Does this one really need explaining? I mean who doesn't like to see their carnage report full of Multikills and Killing sprees?! Who your rival was. Who you killed the most and your Tool of Destruction! The Prestigious MVP award telling all the other Spartans you mean business.

Bungie.net
Yes I know, this may just be a curse word on this site.I love halowaypoint, it's the first site I've really tried to be involved with when it comes to the community. That being said, can I just point out that after 8 YEARS we still don't have anything close to as good as bungie.net? I would like to think that after 8 years we be able to come up with some amazing new way to view our complete spartan history.

Bungie.net had everything. The UI was simple yet elegant. Career Stats, Heat Maps, Ratings, Campaign Stats, Custom Game Stats, Game History. You could organize stats by map and gametype. You had the ability to compare against friends and other gamers. Bottom Line it's superior to what we currently have.

I'm not trying to say what we have is horrible, because quite honestly it's still great. I'm just saying that with all the time that has passed, it could be far better than anything that we've seen.

Thanks for reading, share your thoughts! I want to know if you guys think I'm out of my mind or if you agree.
This right here is my EXACT thoughts on this game. It is absolutely the little things such as this that made Halo 3 such an amazing game. The game itself in terms of gameplay has evolved the way that it should have in my opinion, but this is the reason that I cannot get into the game the way that I did with Halo 3. I have said this before in these forums that especially in big team games they should get rid of the arrows and respawn times on power weapons. When I play big team it is with a group of friends where we want to get the power weapons/vehicles and run around sneaking up on people and having fun. The game is so "structured" if you will in that you cannot screw around in the games the way that you could in others. That is one of the largest reasons that I play halo over other simmilar FPS games.
I hate the Arrows and Countdown's as well. I felt more accomplished back in the day when we timed weapons and powerups. If you got them, you had the edge. That was part of the game. Not a privilege. I just feel like the game is getting "softer" in a sense.
It was September 26th, 2007 when my favorite Halo game was released. For me Halo 3 was more competitive and fun than any other halo game to follow. The population was incredible and the gameplay was even better. It takes me back to better times. While I'm not here to start wars on which game is the best, because everyone will have different opinions and that's just fine. I want to talk about a few things that we need to incorporate back into Halo 5.

Playlists
Now I know some of you are thinking, "We already have Ranked and Social playlists" and you would be correct. I'm saying we need complete playlists.
  • Ranked (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, etc)
  • Social (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, Action Sack, GrifBall, etc)
In my opinion having the separate playlists will filter out the match up inconsistency that we see so much of in Arena. I'm not saying it will eliminate the problem, but I do believe it will make a difference.

Pregame/Postgame Medals
Does this one really need explaining? I mean who doesn't like to see their carnage report full of Multikills and Killing sprees?! Who your rival was. Who you killed the most and your Tool of Destruction! The Prestigious MVP award telling all the other Spartans you mean business.

Bungie.net
Yes I know, this may just be a curse word on this site.I love halowaypoint, it's the first site I've really tried to be involved with when it comes to the community. That being said, can I just point out that after 8 YEARS we still don't have anything close to as good as bungie.net? I would like to think that after 8 years we be able to come up with some amazing new way to view our complete spartan history.

Bungie.net had everything. The UI was simple yet elegant. Career Stats, Heat Maps, Ratings, Campaign Stats, Custom Game Stats, Game History. You could organize stats by map and gametype. You had the ability to compare against friends and other gamers. Bottom Line it's superior to what we currently have.

I'm not trying to say what we have is horrible, because quite honestly it's still great. I'm just saying that with all the time that has passed, it could be far better than anything that we've seen.

Thanks for reading, share your thoughts! I want to know if you guys think I'm out of my mind or if you agree.
This whole post is right on par! I haven't played a game since like Halo 3 (or ODST for that matter). Bungie.net was fantastic, showing stats for all the games and provide all that you mentioned for each of them. Waypoint has so much potential, but has failed to use it. Let's hope that 343 listens and by the time Halo 6 comes out, we're where we're suppose to be.
Prime8684 wrote:
This whole post is right on par! I haven't played a game since like Halo 3 (or ODST for that matter). Bungie.net was fantastic, showing stats for all the games and provide all that you mentioned for each of them. Waypoint has so much potential, but has failed to use it. Let's hope that 343 listens and by the time Halo 6 comes out, we're where we're suppose to be.
Thanks! I can see limitless potential in Waypoint. In fact I believe they could do even better! In order for that to happen they have to be willing to make an effort.
agreed. Bungie.net blows waypoint out of the water
this.
agreed. Bungie.net blows waypoint out of the water
this.
I wonder how it feels having an eight year old website that was far superior to a current one.
thebryon wrote:
multi team now 343 please
I totally forgot about multi team!
easton040 wrote:
This right here is my EXACT thoughts on this game. It is absolutely the little things such as this that made Halo 3 such an amazing game. The game itself in terms of gameplay has evolved the way that it should have in my opinion, but this is the reason that I cannot get into the game the way that I did with Halo 3. I have said this before in these forums that especially in big team games they should get rid of the arrows and respawn times on power weapons. When I play big team it is with a group of friends where we want to get the power weapons/vehicles and run around sneaking up on people and having fun. The game is so "structured" if you will in that you cannot screw around in the games the way that you could in others. That is one of the largest reasons that I play halo over other simmilar FPS games.
I hate the Arrows and Countdown's as well. I felt more accomplished back in the day when we timed weapons and powerups. If you got them, you had the edge. That was part of the game. Not a privilege. I just feel like the game is getting "softer" in a sense.
I think it's because the younger generation of players complain too much. Anything to make the game easier in a sense. 343i listens to them because they will be the sad future of the franchise.
easton040 wrote:
I think it's because the younger generation of players complain too much. Anything to make the game easier in a sense. 343i listens to them because they will be the sad future of the franchise.
Yeah it's almost becoming a generation of participation trophy madness.
Agreed
Thanks
It was September 26th, 2007 when my favorite Halo game was released. For me Halo 3 was more competitive and fun than any other halo game to follow. The population was incredible and the gameplay was even better. It takes me back to better times. While I'm not here to start wars on which game is the best, because everyone will have different opinions and that's just fine. I want to talk about a few things that we need to incorporate back into Halo 5.

Playlists
Now I know some of you are thinking, "We already have Ranked and Social playlists" and you would be correct. I'm saying we need complete playlists.
  • Ranked (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, etc)
  • Social (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, Action Sack, GrifBall, etc)
In my opinion having the separate playlists will filter out the match up inconsistency that we see so much of in Arena. I'm not saying it will eliminate the problem, but I do believe it will make a difference.

Pregame/Postgame Medals
Does this one really need explaining? I mean who doesn't like to see their carnage report full of Multikills and Killing sprees?! Who your rival was. Who you killed the most and your Tool of Destruction! The Prestigious MVP award telling all the other Spartans you mean business.

Bungie.net
Yes I know, this may just be a curse word on this site.I love halowaypoint, it's the first site I've really tried to be involved with when it comes to the community. That being said, can I just point out that after 8 YEARS we still don't have anything close to as good as bungie.net? I would like to think that after 8 years we be able to come up with some amazing new way to view our complete spartan history.

Bungie.net had everything. The UI was simple yet elegant. Career Stats, Heat Maps, Ratings, Campaign Stats, Custom Game Stats, Game History. You could organize stats by map and gametype. You had the ability to compare against friends and other gamers. Bottom Line it's superior to what we currently have.

I'm not trying to say what we have is horrible, because quite honestly it's still great. I'm just saying that with all the time that has passed, it could be far better than anything that we've seen.

Thanks for reading, share your thoughts! I want to know if you guys think I'm out of my mind or if you agree.
The simplicity and ease of use on Bnet was amazing. Not to mention, communication. Can't blame 343 for not reaching on from these forums though.
The simplicity and ease of use on Bnet was amazing. Not to mention, communication. Can't blame 343 for not reaching on from these forums though.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by them not reaching on? Enlighten me!
I have to respectfully disagree to this that day is when Halo became casualized. The campaign and forge addition was awesome but the multiplayer just no. The player movement and aiming was slowed down. All of the guns were toned down compared to there respective Halo CE and Halo 2 counter parts. Such as the pistol, the br, sniper rifle, the ar, plasma rifle and pistol. Grenades were useless as well where you pretty much had to have no health to be killed by one. Halo 3 also introduced us to the way to easy to use Spartan laser. The maps were simplified especially on objective games such as CTF where all you do is get in a warthog and drive to the base straight down the map. Where in Halo CE or Halo 2 you could take a warthog or other vehicle to the base but there were other options as well like different ways to go left or right or above and below plus they both had portals to use as well. In regard to CTF in Halo 3 was toned down as well I've seen countless games where people walked yes walked with the flag and scored that wouldn't be possible in Halo CE or Halo 2. In addition to CTF if you got half way back to your base you are guranteed to score especially with the ludicrous flag reset time in Halo 3. In Halo CE you have 15 seconds to touch the flag or it resets by itself or if a defender touches it it would reset automatically. In Halo 2 it would be around 20 seconds as long as it wasn't touched. Also Halo 3 gave us the notorious bubble shield and health regenerator bail outs to use in a fight when someone who clearly should of won the fight but is screwed because the other player uses one of the two mentioned objects. So yes Halo 3 was the start of Halo being casualized down.
I have to respectfully disagree to this that day is when Halo became casualized. The campaign and forge addition was awesome but the multiplayer just no. The player movement and aiming was slowed down. All of the guns were toned down compared to there respective Halo CE and Halo 2 counter parts. Such as the pistol, the br, sniper rifle, the ar, plasma rifle and pistol. Grenades were useless as well where you pretty much had to have no health to be killed by one. Halo 3 also introduced us to the way to easy to use Spartan laser. The maps were simplified especially on objective games such as CTF where all you do is get in a warthog and drive to the base straight down the map. Where in Halo CE or Halo 2 you could take a warthog or other vehicle to the base but there were other options as well like different ways to go left or right or above and below plus they both had portals to use as well. In regard to CTF in Halo 3 was toned down as well I've seen countless games where people walked yes walked with the flag and scored that wouldn't be possible in Halo CE or Halo 2. In addition to CTF if you got half way back to your base you are guranteed to score especially with the ludicrous flag reset time in Halo 3. In Halo CE you have 15 seconds to touch the flag or it resets by itself or if a defender touches it it would reset automatically. In Halo 2 it would be around 20 seconds as long as it wasn't touched. Also Halo 3 gave us the notorious bubble shield and health regenerator bail outs to use in a fight when someone who clearly should of won the fight but is screwed because the other player uses one of the two mentioned objects. So yes Halo 3 was the start of Halo being casualized down.
I don't think I will ever be able to agree with this.
It was September 26th, 2007 when my favorite Halo game was released. For me Halo 3 was more competitive and fun than any other halo game to follow. The population was incredible and the gameplay was even better. It takes me back to better times. While I'm not here to start wars on which game is the best, because everyone will have different opinions and that's just fine. I want to talk about a few things that we need to incorporate back into Halo 5.

Playlists
Now I know some of you are thinking, "We already have Ranked and Social playlists" and you would be correct. I'm saying we need complete playlists.
  • Ranked (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, etc)
  • Social (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, Action Sack, GrifBall, etc)
In my opinion having the separate playlists will filter out the match up inconsistency that we see so much of in Arena. I'm not saying it will eliminate the problem, but I do believe it will make a difference.

Pregame/Postgame Medals
Does this one really need explaining? I mean who doesn't like to see their carnage report full of Multikills and Killing sprees?! Who your rival was. Who you killed the most and your Tool of Destruction! The Prestigious MVP award telling all the other Spartans you mean business.

Bungie.net
Yes I know, this may just be a curse word on this site.I love halowaypoint, it's the first site I've really tried to be involved with when it comes to the community. That being said, can I just point out that after 8 YEARS we still don't have anything close to as good as bungie.net? I would like to think that after 8 years we be able to come up with some amazing new way to view our complete spartan history.

Bungie.net had everything. The UI was simple yet elegant. Career Stats, Heat Maps, Ratings, Campaign Stats, Custom Game Stats, Game History. You could organize stats by map and gametype. You had the ability to compare against friends and other gamers. Bottom Line it's superior to what we currently have.

I'm not trying to say what we have is horrible, because quite honestly it's still great. I'm just saying that with all the time that has passed, it could be far better than anything that we've seen.

Thanks for reading, share your thoughts! I want to know if you guys think I'm out of my mind or if you agree.
You sir are great and 343 NEED to listen to ALL of your points, for my passion for Halo could be revived! The final version of Halo 3 was perfect (after all the updates), we just needed new maps and I could have played this game until my last day on earth, without touching any other games, ever.
Right? I used to get on and check my stats everyday against my friends. It added another sense of competition for me.
a post notification would be nice too...
I have to respectfully disagree to this that day is when Halo became casualized. The campaign and forge addition was awesome but the multiplayer just no. The player movement and aiming was slowed down. All of the guns were toned down compared to there respective Halo CE and Halo 2 counter parts. Such as the pistol, the br, sniper rifle, the ar, plasma rifle and pistol. Grenades were useless as well where you pretty much had to have no health to be killed by one. Halo 3 also introduced us to the way to easy to use Spartan laser. The maps were simplified especially on objective games such as CTF where all you do is get in a warthog and drive to the base straight down the map. Where in Halo CE or Halo 2 you could take a warthog or other vehicle to the base but there were other options as well like different ways to go left or right or above and below plus they both had portals to use as well. In regard to CTF in Halo 3 was toned down as well I've seen countless games where people walked yes walked with the flag and scored that wouldn't be possible in Halo CE or Halo 2. In addition to CTF if you got half way back to your base you are guranteed to score especially with the ludicrous flag reset time in Halo 3. In Halo CE you have 15 seconds to touch the flag or it resets by itself or if a defender touches it it would reset automatically. In Halo 2 it would be around 20 seconds as long as it wasn't touched. Also Halo 3 gave us the notorious bubble shield and health regenerator bail outs to use in a fight when someone who clearly should of won the fight but is screwed because the other player uses one of the two mentioned objects. So yes Halo 3 was the start of Halo being casualized down.
i disagree but i also liked the sense that i could take a break and play casually. its nearly impossible to do that now
Jasux wrote:
You sir are great and 343 NEED to listen to ALL of your points, for my passion for Halo could be revived! The final version of Halo 3 was perfect (after all the updates), we just needed new maps and I could have played this game until my last day on earth, without touching any other games, ever.
Thank you! I'm right there with you. If they kept adding maps I would have never stopped playing it. I'm really hoping they will give us a H3A
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8