Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

8 Years, 4 Months, and 7 Days

OP MyNameMatters

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8
Jasux wrote:
Thank you! I'm right there with you. If they kept adding maps I would have never stopped playing it. I'm really hoping they will give us a H3A
I would love H3A as well.

Just thinking about the release timing... It could be a thing. 2016 is Halo Wars 2. Halo 6 is likely 2018 or 2019 I would think.

This leaves 2017 open. Halo 3 came out in 2007. 2017 - 2007 = 10.

Pretty please 343!
J Teeps wrote:
Jasux wrote:
Thank you! I'm right there with you. If they kept adding maps I would have never stopped playing it. I'm really hoping they will give us a H3A
I would love H3A as well.

Just thinking about the release timing... It could be a thing. 2016 is Halo Wars 2. Halo 6 is likely 2018 or 2019 I would think.

This leaves 2017 open. Halo 3 came out in 2007. 2017 - 2007 = 10.

Pretty please 343!
That would be amazing! Hopefully whats left of the H3 community can make enough noise.
I miss Bungie.net...I miss Halo 3!
Bungie.net remains a better website. Waypoint needs tweaking.
Lethenza wrote:
Bungie.net remains a better website. Waypoint needs tweaking.
Agreed. It couldn't really be that difficult, right? I mean I honesty have no idea what it takes, but I really can't imagine it being too hard for them.
wafflewave wrote:
Right? I used to get on and check my stats everyday against my friends. It added another sense of competition for me.
a post notification would be nice too...
I've thought the same thing. I think it would add a bit more activity to the community as well.
I have to respectfully disagree to this that day is when Halo became casualized. The campaign and forge addition was awesome but the multiplayer just no. The player movement and aiming was slowed down. All of the guns were toned down compared to there respective Halo CE and Halo 2 counter parts. Such as the pistol, the br, sniper rifle, the ar, plasma rifle and pistol. Grenades were useless as well where you pretty much had to have no health to be killed by one. Halo 3 also introduced us to the way to easy to use Spartan laser. The maps were simplified especially on objective games such as CTF where all you do is get in a warthog and drive to the base straight down the map. Where in Halo CE or Halo 2 you could take a warthog or other vehicle to the base but there were other options as well like different ways to go left or right or above and below plus they both had portals to use as well. In regard to CTF in Halo 3 was toned down as well I've seen countless games where people walked yes walked with the flag and scored that wouldn't be possible in Halo CE or Halo 2. In addition to CTF if you got half way back to your base you are guranteed to score especially with the ludicrous flag reset time in Halo 3. In Halo CE you have 15 seconds to touch the flag or it resets by itself or if a defender touches it it would reset automatically. In Halo 2 it would be around 20 seconds as long as it wasn't touched. Also Halo 3 gave us the notorious bubble shield and health regenerator bail outs to use in a fight when someone who clearly should of won the fight but is screwed because the other player uses one of the two mentioned objects. So yes Halo 3 was the start of Halo being casualized down.
I don't think I will ever be able to agree with this.
Care to explain?
I have to respectfully disagree to this that day is when Halo became casualized. The campaign and forge addition was awesome but the multiplayer just no. The player movement and aiming was slowed down. All of the guns were toned down compared to there respective Halo CE and Halo 2 counter parts. Such as the pistol, the br, sniper rifle, the ar, plasma rifle and pistol. Grenades were useless as well where you pretty much had to have no health to be killed by one. Halo 3 also introduced us to the way to easy to use Spartan laser. The maps were simplified especially on objective games such as CTF where all you do is get in a warthog and drive to the base straight down the map. Where in Halo CE or Halo 2 you could take a warthog or other vehicle to the base but there were other options as well like different ways to go left or right or above and below plus they both had portals to use as well. In regard to CTF in Halo 3 was toned down as well I've seen countless games where people walked yes walked with the flag and scored that wouldn't be possible in Halo CE or Halo 2. In addition to CTF if you got half way back to your base you are guranteed to score especially with the ludicrous flag reset time in Halo 3. In Halo CE you have 15 seconds to touch the flag or it resets by itself or if a defender touches it it would reset automatically. In Halo 2 it would be around 20 seconds as long as it wasn't touched. Also Halo 3 gave us the notorious bubble shield and health regenerator bail outs to use in a fight when someone who clearly should of won the fight but is screwed because the other player uses one of the two mentioned objects. So yes Halo 3 was the start of Halo being casualized down.
I don't think I will ever be able to agree with this.
Care to explain?
I can understand the casual nature of the game to an extent due to the fact that there was an actual Social playlist. As far as the game itself I don't see it. Halo 3 is what got me into MLG and competitive gaming(I'm not saying I'm Pro by any mean, more just that e-sports caught my interest at that moment in time.) The pace of play I believe stayed the same and I'm not sure what you mean by aiming was slowed down. (We had access to change our sensitivity) maybe that's not what you mean, If not please explain. Halo CE and Halo 2 will always be the greats and as far as flag goes, anything could happen respective to player skill. I never really had a problem with the equipment that was added in, as to me it felt very natural. I think thats why when Reach came out I couldn't play it anymore. It felt forced on me. It may also be that when Halo 3 came out and was in it's "prime" there was hardly anyone I knew that didn't play the game. The Halo population was at it's peak during that era. Personally it was the most fun and most competitive game I have ever played. I hope I didn't sound rude, because of course I disagree respectfully. Everyone will have their opinion and it's nice to hear what others think.
I have to respectfully disagree to this that day is when Halo became casualized. The campaign and forge addition was awesome but the multiplayer just no. The player movement and aiming was slowed down. All of the guns were toned down compared to there respective Halo CE and Halo 2 counter parts. Such as the pistol, the br, sniper rifle, the ar, plasma rifle and pistol. Grenades were useless as well where you pretty much had to have no health to be killed by one. Halo 3 also introduced us to the way to easy to use Spartan laser. The maps were simplified especially on objective games such as CTF where all you do is get in a warthog and drive to the base straight down the map. Where in Halo CE or Halo 2 you could take a warthog or other vehicle to the base but there were other options as well like different ways to go left or right or above and below plus they both had portals to use as well. In regard to CTF in Halo 3 was toned down as well I've seen countless games where people walked yes walked with the flag and scored that wouldn't be possible in Halo CE or Halo 2. In addition to CTF if you got half way back to your base you are guranteed to score especially with the ludicrous flag reset time in Halo 3. In Halo CE you have 15 seconds to touch the flag or it resets by itself or if a defender touches it it would reset automatically. In Halo 2 it would be around 20 seconds as long as it wasn't touched. Also Halo 3 gave us the notorious bubble shield and health regenerator bail outs to use in a fight when someone who clearly should of won the fight but is screwed because the other player uses one of the two mentioned objects. So yes Halo 3 was the start of Halo being casualized down.
I don't think I will ever be able to agree with this.
Care to explain?
I can understand the casual nature of the game to an extent due to the fact that there was an actual Social playlist. As far as the game itself I don't see it. Halo 3 is what got me into MLG and competitive gaming(I'm not saying I'm Pro by any mean, more just that e-sports caught my interest at that moment in time.) The pace of play I believe stayed the same and I'm not sure what you mean by aiming was slowed down. (We had access to change our sensitivity) maybe that's not what you mean, If not please explain. Halo CE and Halo 2 will always be the greats and as far as flag goes, anything could happen respective to player skill. I never really had a problem with the equipment that was added in, as to me it felt very natural. I think thats why when Reach came out I couldn't play it anymore. It felt forced on me. It may also be that when Halo 3 came out and was in it's "prime" there was hardly anyone I knew that didn't play the game. The Halo population was at it's peak during that era. Personally it was the most fun and most competitive game I have ever played. I hope I didn't sound rude, because of course I disagree respectfully. Everyone will have their opinion and it's nice to hear what others think.
In regards to the aiming and player movement compared to Halo CE and 2 it was slowed down your character doesn't move as fast and I had to move my sensitivity up higher just in Halo 3. Also the rate of fire from the guns isn't as fast you can notice this mostly with the BR.
I have to respectfully disagree to this that day is when Halo became casualized. The campaign and forge addition was awesome but the multiplayer just no. The player movement and aiming was slowed down. All of the guns were toned down compared to there respective Halo CE and Halo 2 counter parts. Such as the pistol, the br, sniper rifle, the ar, plasma rifle and pistol. Grenades were useless as well where you pretty much had to have no health to be killed by one. Halo 3 also introduced us to the way to easy to use Spartan laser. The maps were simplified especially on objective games such as CTF where all you do is get in a warthog and drive to the base straight down the map. Where in Halo CE or Halo 2 you could take a warthog or other vehicle to the base but there were other options as well like different ways to go left or right or above and below plus they both had portals to use as well. In regard to CTF in Halo 3 was toned down as well I've seen countless games where people walked yes walked with the flag and scored that wouldn't be possible in Halo CE or Halo 2. In addition to CTF if you got half way back to your base you are guranteed to score especially with the ludicrous flag reset time in Halo 3. In Halo CE you have 15 seconds to touch the flag or it resets by itself or if a defender touches it it would reset automatically. In Halo 2 it would be around 20 seconds as long as it wasn't touched. Also Halo 3 gave us the notorious bubble shield and health regenerator bail outs to use in a fight when someone who clearly should of won the fight but is screwed because the other player uses one of the two mentioned objects. So yes Halo 3 was the start of Halo being casualized down.
I don't think I will ever be able to agree with this.
Care to explain?
I can understand the casual nature of the game to an extent due to the fact that there was an actual Social playlist. As far as the game itself I don't see it. Halo 3 is what got me into MLG and competitive gaming(I'm not saying I'm Pro by any mean, more just that e-sports caught my interest at that moment in time.) The pace of play I believe stayed the same and I'm not sure what you mean by aiming was slowed down. (We had access to change our sensitivity) maybe that's not what you mean, If not please explain. Halo CE and Halo 2 will always be the greats and as far as flag goes, anything could happen respective to player skill. I never really had a problem with the equipment that was added in, as to me it felt very natural. I think thats why when Reach came out I couldn't play it anymore. It felt forced on me. It may also be that when Halo 3 came out and was in it's "prime" there was hardly anyone I knew that didn't play the game. The Halo population was at it's peak during that era. Personally it was the most fun and most competitive game I have ever played. I hope I didn't sound rude, because of course I disagree respectfully. Everyone will have their opinion and it's nice to hear what others think.
In regards to the aiming and player movement compared to Halo CE and 2 it was slowed down your character doesn't move as fast and I had to move my sensitivity up higher just in Halo 3. Also the rate of fire from the guns isn't as fast you can notice this mostly with the BR.
yeah Halo 2 BR was very fast compared to Halo 3! Almost a full burst difference if you ask me.
To each there own.
To each there own.
Indeed. Thanks for your input!
Welcome to the real world you can't always win
Welcome to the real world you can't always win
Isn't that the truth.
J Teeps wrote:
Jasux wrote:
Thank you! I'm right there with you. If they kept adding maps I would have never stopped playing it. I'm really hoping they will give us a H3A
I would love H3A as well.

Just thinking about the release timing... It could be a thing. 2016 is Halo Wars 2. Halo 6 is likely 2018 or 2019 I would think.

This leaves 2017 open. Halo 3 came out in 2007. 2017 - 2007 = 10.

Pretty please 343!
please!
I agree 100%
J Teeps wrote:
Jasux wrote:
Thank you! I'm right there with you. If they kept adding maps I would have never stopped playing it. I'm really hoping they will give us a H3A
I would love H3A as well.

Just thinking about the release timing... It could be a thing. 2016 is Halo Wars 2. Halo 6 is likely 2018 or 2019 I would think.

This leaves 2017 open. Halo 3 came out in 2007. 2017 - 2007 = 10.

Pretty please 343!
please!
Haha Let's keep up the noise!
I agree with having post-game medal counts. I'm neutral on the site because both HaloWaypoint and Bungie.net are great sites.

However, I will heavily disagree on the playlists. There's no point in having social and ranked versions of the same modes. For starters, it's a waste of space. The second thing is that they'll play exactly same i.e. people playing intensely just to win. Calling something social doesn't mean people will say, "oh hey, I shouldn't put effort in this mode." As a result, you'll have uneven skill levels going head-to-head and will cause many people to complain about "tryhards" on the forums.

When it comes down to it, keep the normal competitive modes like Slayer, Breakout, CTF, Strongholds, Assault, and KotH in the Arena. Aside BTB, have the social aspect of Halo 5 be about custom modes i.e. an action sack playlist that features Grifball, Infection, Fiesta, Mongoose Sumo, and many more.

Example of how playlists should be ( * = social):
  • Team Objective (no slayer or breakout; Has Strongholds, CTF, Assault, KotH)
  • Team Slayer (Slayer and Breakout)
  • FFA (more OBJ modes)
  • SWAT (more OBJ modes)
  • *BTB (still social)
  • *Social Collection (Grifball, Infection, Fiesta, etc.)
  • *Weekly Rotational Playlist
Halo 3 >>> all others
I agree with having post-game medal counts. I'm neutral on the site because both HaloWaypoint and Bungie.net are great sites.

However, I will heavily disagree on the playlists. There's no point in having social and ranked versions of the same modes. For starters, it's a waste of space. The second thing is that they'll play exactly same i.e. people playing intensely just to win. Calling something social doesn't mean people will say, "oh hey, I shouldn't put effort in this mode." As a result, you'll have uneven skill levels going head-to-head and will cause many people to complain about "tryhards" on the forums.

When it comes down to it, keep the normal competitive modes like Slayer, Breakout, CTF, Strongholds, Assault, and KotH in the Arena. Aside BTB, have the social aspect of Halo 5 be about custom modes i.e. an action sack playlist that features Grifball, Infection, Fiesta, Mongoose Sumo, and many more.

Example of how playlists should be ( * = social):
  • Team Objective (no slayer or breakout; Has Strongholds, CTF, Assault, KotH)
  • Team Slayer (Slayer and Breakout)
  • FFA (more OBJ modes)
  • SWAT (more OBJ modes)
  • *BTB (still social)
  • *Social Collection (Grifball, Infection, Fiesta, etc.)
  • *Weekly Rotational Playlist
I actually strongly agree with all of this. The only thing I would also like to see ranked is Big Team.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8