8 Years, 4 Months, and 7 Days

OP MyNameMatters

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. ...
  6. 8
Whenever I hear "Halo3" I start to smile.
Great post and mostly good answers.
Whenever I hear "Halo3" I start to smile.
Great post and mostly good answers.
Thank you. I get the same way when there talk about Halo 3. Such great times. I feel like we were spoiled in that game compared to Halo 5.
In addition to the list of things I would also like to see a custom games browser, its something I loved about the PC versions. It would be great in Halo 5.
In addition to the list of things I would also like to see a custom games browser, its something I loved about the PC versions. It would be great in Halo 5.
I've never actually heard of that. I think that would be pretty awesome!
I do miss the things Bungie.net had
It's funny how bungie posts are making an appearance on the front page haha
Went on spring break away from uni (grad student, here here!) to the outer banks, we have a 360 and all the older halos ready to play. I played H3, had a blast, on Saturday there were over 4k online, that was cool. Really wish they would fix the hit detection on MCC so I could play this game forever.
Went on spring break away from uni (grad student, here here!) to the outer banks, we have a 360 and all the older halos ready to play. I played H3, had a blast, on Saturday there were over 4k online, that was cool. Really wish they would fix the hit detection on MCC so I could play this game forever.
Yeah it's one of the only games I could probably have played forever.
I have to respectfully disagree to this that day is when Halo became casualized. The campaign and forge addition was awesome but the multiplayer just no. The player movement and aiming was slowed down. All of the guns were toned down compared to there respective Halo CE and Halo 2 counter parts. Such as the pistol, the br, sniper rifle, the ar, plasma rifle and pistol. Grenades were useless as well where you pretty much had to have no health to be killed by one. Halo 3 also introduced us to the way to easy to use Spartan laser. The maps were simplified especially on objective games such as CTF where all you do is get in a warthog and drive to the base straight down the map. Where in Halo CE or Halo 2 you could take a warthog or other vehicle to the base but there were other options as well like different ways to go left or right or above and below plus they both had portals to use as well. In regard to CTF in Halo 3 was toned down as well I've seen countless games where people walked yes walked with the flag and scored that wouldn't be possible in Halo CE or Halo 2. In addition to CTF if you got half way back to your base you are guranteed to score especially with the ludicrous flag reset time in Halo 3. In Halo CE you have 15 seconds to touch the flag or it resets by itself or if a defender touches it it would reset automatically. In Halo 2 it would be around 20 seconds as long as it wasn't touched. Also Halo 3 gave us the notorious bubble shield and health regenerator bail outs to use in a fight when someone who clearly should of won the fight but is screwed because the other player uses one of the two mentioned objects. So yes Halo 3 was the start of Halo being casualized down.
Yeah the sniper and BR have had the same power in every Halo game ever. 4 bursts in the head, or a melee and a headshot and the sniper has been 2 body shots or one headshot. I will agree that the AR was weak in Halo 3 but if you know how to use grenades its really not bad at all. The plasma rifle was toned down in Halo 2 as well because of the addition of Duel Welding. As for the Spartan Laser it was very easy to use, but again with how powerful the vehicles were in that game you it was necessary. Because you were able to drive the warthog straight down the map and get the flag, weapons like the splaser were the answer to that. As far as the bubble shield, regen, and powerdrain its just about knowing where they are on the map. You can go pick them up just as easily as they can... Idk how you can say that it was the start of halo being casualized at all because that was the heyday of Halo. Its still probably the most played game on MCC and if you go on 360 there are still people playing. Bungie crushed it with that game. The guns were evenly matched, the collisions were perfected, and most importantly they listened to the community and put remakes of maps from Halo 2 (Blackout, Heretic, Last Resort) combined with some of the best maps in the history of the franchise (Guardian, Valhalla, The Pit, Sandtrap).
Question-if Halo 3A came out, with most or all of the Halo 3 maps, playing on a Halo2A style game engine, how many people will make the permanent shift from Halo 5 to Halo 3A?
akool22 wrote:
Question-if Halo 3A came out, with most or all of the Halo 3 maps, playing on a Halo2A style game engine, how many people will make the permanent shift from Halo 5 to Halo 3A?
As long as the release and servers didn't go as badly as MCC. I could see myself switching. Halo 3 was done so well, it truly was one of the most played games of it's time. 343i dropped the ball so hard on MCC. My guess was because they tried to release it on the 10 or 11 year anniversary. If they would have made sure everything was properly working before release I believe that game would have been more popular than it is.
I kinda miss bugie favourites where they would put an amazing screenshot or gametype or map etc that most viewed and had the most upvotes
It was September 26th, 2007 when my favorite Halo game was released. For me Halo 3 was more competitive and fun than any other halo game to follow. The population was incredible and the gameplay was even better. It takes me back to better times. While I'm not here to start wars on which game is the best, because everyone will have different opinions and that's just fine. I want to talk about a few things that we need to incorporate back into Halo 5.

Playlists
Now I know some of you are thinking, "We already have Ranked and Social playlists" and you would be correct. I'm saying we need complete playlists.
  • Ranked (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, etc)
  • Social (Big Team, Slayer, Arena, CTF, Assault, Breakout, Action Sack, GrifBall, etc)
In my opinion having the separate playlists will filter out the match up inconsistency that we see so much of in Arena. I'm not saying it will eliminate the problem, but I do believe it will make a difference.

Pregame/Postgame Medals
Does this one really need explaining? I mean who doesn't like to see their carnage report full of Multikills and Killing sprees?! Who your rival was. Who you killed the most and your Tool of Destruction! The Prestigious MVP award telling all the other Spartans you mean business.

Bungie.net
Yes I know, this may just be a curse word on this site.I love halowaypoint, it's the first site I've really tried to be involved with when it comes to the community. That being said, can I just point out that after 8 YEARS we still don't have anything close to as good as bungie.net? I would like to think that after 8 years we be able to come up with some amazing new way to view our complete spartan history.

Bungie.net had everything. The UI was simple yet elegant. Career Stats, Heat Maps, Ratings, Campaign Stats, Custom Game Stats, Game History. You could organize stats by map and gametype. You had the ability to compare against friends and other gamers. Bottom Line it's superior to what we currently have.

I'm not trying to say what we have is horrible, because quite honestly it's still great. I'm just saying that with all the time that has passed, it could be far better than anything that we've seen.

Thanks for reading, share your thoughts! I want to know if you guys think I'm out of my mind or if you agree.
this man speaks the truth. loved reviewing the heat maps. best to find where you shine on a map and stay in that area.
I kinda miss bugie favourites where they would put an amazing screenshot or gametype or map etc that most viewed and had the most upvotes
Bungie favorites was one of the best parts of my week. It was cool that they would highlight the community for everyone to see. It was so simple to access as well. Now if 343i highlights community it's only via waypoint.
Right? I used to get on and check my stats everyday against my friends. It added another sense of competition for me.
You can see all your medals on Halo Tracker!
Right? I used to get on and check my stats everyday against my friends. It added another sense of competition for me.
You can see all your medals on Halo Tracker!
I understand that. I use it all the time. Also the HaloCarnage app is a good one if you haven't seen that as well. I just can't believe that a Halo game would ever be made without having Medal Viewing. It's one of the biggest parts of halo.
Totally agree on everything especially the bungie.net part
Cuxp wrote:
Totally agree on everything especially the bungie.net part
Did you ever use Bungie.net?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. ...
  6. 8