JSA343 wrote:
TaCs197 wrote:
JSA343 wrote:
JSA343 wrote:
JSA343 wrote:
Artych wrote:
Artych wrote:
Cabur Farr wrote:
They are making this small portion of the halo universe as complicated as the entire five nights at freddys storyline. How is he dead?
He isn't. Hunt the truth proved that today. That teaser was an announcement from in universe.
how
How what?
How did hunt the truth prove that Master Chief is not dead
You don't need Hunt the Truth to prove it. 343i has literally said that he doesn't die and that his story continues past Halo 5, and we know that Chief lives past Meridian without even playing the game.
Meridian is one of the first missions of Halo 5, and Chief appears in gameplay long after that, on Sanghelios and elsewhere.

He did not die on Meridian. It's all part of the ambiguity of the hunter and hunted story, what is the truth? It's probably an announement by ONI to cover up the fact that he's gone AWOL.
True I mean I forgot that 343 has said that master chief Was not gonna die in halo 5 but that crazy woman that used to be a Spartan 4 seems to believe that Master Chief is dead
Isla Zane is a New Colonial Alliance officer, a rebel. She's getting the exact same information ONI is feeding everyone to not only pull attention off of the mass destruction occuring on 5 colonies, but off of Chief going AWOL too.
But she said she confirmed it from her sources
One of Benjamin Giraud's top sources, FERO, was ONI.
Considering that the Guardian awakenings fry communication across an entire planet and there's utter chaos everywhere, I don't think many people outside of ONI would be able to say anything concrete about what happened on Meridian. Most of ONI wasn't even part of the investigation into the colonies going dark, so most surely won't be part of keeping Chief's actions under wraps. From what anyone can tell, Chief is dead. Only ONI's highest probably knows otherwise, which is why they had the UNSC put Osiris on hunting him down before the news escapes or he does something that further upsets the fragile balance of the colonies.
But lord hood is the big boss of the unsc so he may know what go on with oni Putting Master Chief on the Kia list but also something got me thinking what is not a cover up but master Chief was technically dead for a few minutes and came back to life and now ONI And unsc now know he's alive sent a another Spartan team to track him down
Uh no. Hood is the strong arm boss. Admiral Osman is hands down the most powerful person in the UNSC
No she is not the most powerful person in the UNSC hood is in charge of all military force of UNSC and Osmam is in charge of Oni
ONI has significant pull on the UNSC.
ONI is their intelligence agency, their black ops agency, their technology agency, their media agency, their special projects agency, etc. Osman is on the Admiralty Board too.
So even she knows the chain of command she won't do anything without the approval of her superiors she may have the ability of gardening intelligence technology and she is on the admiralty board so I don't see how she is the most powerful person in the UNSC
JSA343 wrote:
TaCs197 wrote:
JSA343 wrote:
JSA343 wrote:
JSA343 wrote:
Artych wrote:
Artych wrote:
Cabur Farr wrote:
They are making this small portion of the halo universe as complicated as the entire five nights at freddys storyline. How is he dead?
He isn't. Hunt the truth proved that today. That teaser was an announcement from in universe.
how
How what?
You don't need Hunt the Truth to prove it. 343i has literally said that he doesn't die and that his story continues past Halo 5, and we know that Chief lives past Meridian without even playing the game.
Meridian is one of the first missions of Halo 5, and Chief appears in gameplay long after that, on Sanghelios and elsewhere.

He did not die on Meridian. It's all part of the ambiguity of the hunter and hunted story, what is the truth? It's probably an announement by ONI to cover up the fact that he's gone AWOL.
True I mean I forgot that 343 has said that master chief Was not gonna die in halo 5 but that crazy woman that used to be a Spartan 4 seems to believe that Master Chief is dead
Isla Zane is a New Colonial Alliance officer, a rebel. She's getting the exact same information ONI is feeding everyone to not only pull attention off of the mass destruction occuring on 5 colonies, but off of Chief going AWOL too.
Considering that the Guardian awakenings fry communication across an entire planet and there's utter chaos everywhere, I don't think many people outside of ONI would be able to say anything concrete about what happened on Meridian. Most of ONI wasn't even part of the investigation into the colonies going dark, so most surely won't be part of keeping Chief's actions under wraps. From what anyone can tell, Chief is dead. Only ONI's highest probably knows otherwise, which is why they had the UNSC put Osiris on hunting him down before the news escapes or he does something that further upsets the fragile balance of the colonies.
But lord hood is the big boss of the unsc so he may know what go on with oni Putting Master Chief on the Kia list but also something got me thinking what is not a cover up but master Chief was technically dead for a few minutes and came back to life and now ONI And unsc now know he's alive sent a another Spartan team to track him down
Uh no. Hood is the strong arm boss. Admiral Osman is hands down the most powerful person in the UNSC
No she is not the most powerful person in the UNSC hood is in charge of all military force of UNSC and Osmam is in charge of Oni
ONI is their intelligence agency, their black ops agency, their technology agency, their media agency, their special projects agency, etc. Osman is on the Admiralty Board too.
So even she knows the chain of command she won't do anything without the approval of her superiors she may have the ability of gardening intelligence technology and she is on the admiralty board so I don't see how she is the most powerful person in the UNSC
If you read the books, you realize that ONI can do literally whatever it wants. That's why in Hunt the Truth, they're able to completely manipulate the UEG and its response to the Biko attack. There are lots of skeletons in ONI's closet that the higher ups in the UNSC tend to ignore. If Osman wants something done, it will get done. Sure, Hood has power in the military, but in the end he loses to Osman in political influence.
JSA343 wrote:
TaCs197 wrote:
JSA343 wrote:
JSA343 wrote:
JSA343 wrote:
Artych wrote:
Artych wrote:
Cabur Farr wrote:
how
How what?

If you read the books, you realize that ONI can do literally whatever it wants. That's why in Hunt the Truth, they're able to completely manipulate the UEG and its response to the Biko attack. There are lots of skeletons in ONI's closet that the higher ups in the UNSC tend to ignore. If Osman wants something done, it will get done. Sure, Hood has power in the military, but in the end he loses to Osman in political influence.
But with the guardian attacks wouldn't hood get emergency powers as acting government
When I think of this trailer I think of the end of Halo 3 where Lord Hood and Arbiter have their exchange:

Lord Hood: I remember how this war started, what your kind did to mine. I can't forgive you...but, you have my thanks, for standing by him till the end. Hard to believe he's dead.

The Arbiter: Were it so easy...

I can see S117 on a tribute to this one day...kind of like that in Halo 3. When 343i does kill off Chief I hope they do something like Tribute in Halo 3.
Sorry, didn't mean to post it twice...can mods delete this post please.
I cant wait this long we have been waiting years why all the confusion
Well, with the new trailer that came out this morning, it's clear that his "death" was a cover-up.
It will be interesting to see how ONI portrays him as dead knowing that he's not and keeping him from surfacing
MEDICVS wrote:
It will be interesting to see how ONI portrays him as dead knowing that he's not and keeping him from surfacing
Hindsight is 20-20
Well, with the new trailer that came out this morning, it's clear that his "death" was a cover-up.
And most people's theory of ONI sending in Osiris to catch MC while him being officially KIA is the correct theory.
Artych wrote:
Rommel S wrote:
Just listen to the latest HtT. Apparently the rebels think Chief is dead too. Oh, I got a feeling Fero is going to see the man she supposedly killed in season one. I bet he can read the data on the chip.
I doubt it. Probably one of her rebel buds.
Well the latest episode of HtT is out. I just wanted to point out your doubt was wrong and I was right.
Rommel S wrote:
Artych wrote:
Rommel S wrote:
Just listen to the latest HtT. Apparently the rebels think Chief is dead too. Oh, I got a feeling Fero is going to see the man she supposedly killed in season one. I bet he can read the data on the chip.
I doubt it. Probably one of her rebel buds.
Well the latest episode of HtT is out. I just wanted to point out your doubt was wrong and I was right.
Cool? We were both stipulating, one of us was bound to be wrong, oh well, dont care.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 33
  4. 34
  5. ...
  6. 35