2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 35
Maybe Halo 5 story spans several years. Its not imposible, Halo reach spanned several month of combat, and it was the only halo game so far to show the date before misions. If the story was in a few days there wouldnt be a necesity to show the date before each mission, only once at the beginning of the game would suffice.
That's an excellent point actually.
I will bw furious if they kill him off
Many people will be
What a TV commercial...
Artych wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
Bit confused as to why 343i used the CEA design for the Halo ring. Wasn't that retconned out of existence with H2A?
I dont think so
I think so. Installation 04 was redesigned in CEA then retconned out of it in H2A. I would imagine all the Halo rings would look the same on the outside. Unless this is Installation 07.

EDIT: Actually this must be I-07. Since the only rings the UNSC has stations around now are 05 and 07, and we already know exactly what 05 looks like.
From my understanding the Believe campaign is canon. Where does it say that it has been de-canonized?
My mistake, it's not so much non-canon as, well, here:
"The creators of the campaign were not informed of the story of Halo 3, leading to multiple inconsistencies with the narrative depicted in Believe and the game's story. The diorama presents a very loose representation of the Battle of New Mombasa, the most prominent contradiction with the actual events being the Master Chief's capture by a Brute Chieftain and his supposed self-sacrifice by detonating a plasma grenade. Because of these discrepancies, the Believe campaign can be understood as a cover-up operation performed by ONI Section Two to cover up the truth about the Forerunners, the Halo Array, and the Flood from the general public whilst providing a fictionalized explanation for the Master Chief's disappearance."
So it's more that it's heavily incorrect (for real world reasons) rather than non-canon, but given that it's something viewed by the public, that actually makes some sense now. Especially with Hunt The Truth and all that.
That's my issue though. It being an ONI cover up makes absolutely ZERO sense considering the fact that the general population was aware of Chief being alive after the events of Halo 3 as depicted by Hunt the Truth. The only way Believe works is if after Halo 3 Chief just never came back.
JJAB91 wrote:
Artych wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
Bit confused as to why 343i used the CEA design for the Halo ring. Wasn't that retconned out of existence with H2A?
I dont think so
I think so. Installation 04 was redesigned in CEA then retconned out of it in H2A. I would imagine all the Halo rings would look the same on the outside. Unless this is Installation 07.
You would think, but typically things arnt always the same, especially in Halo
The Mexi wrote:
What a TV commercial...
You're telling me
I dunno. There's only so many times you can pull "the hero is dead no really guys for real this time", and I think Halo used it all up with the Believe and Locke's The Conquering Hero commercials.
Love it !!! can't wait, it's allot of hype for another Halo battle!!!
keep in mind alot of these trailers for halo tv spots never have any meaning when it comes ot the game. OFc they are playing on the fandom of master chief, so people will go out and by the game because they want to make sure chief doesnt die ect lol.

For example remember the halo 4 trailer where chief is captured and scanned by some promethian knight for a h4 tv trailer. or how about the trailer where locke and chief are both wounded in action facing off each other, bet they never happens in the game. Then we have the HTT thing going on atm and there is every reason why ONI would do some properganda stunt if it suits there end goal. I mnean if there sending a team to kill chief, you think there going to tell everyone that? ofc not there make up so bs about how he died as a hero ect.
Good tv spot but lets face it if there going to kill the chief of it sure as hell isnt going to be in a tv advert. lol
I dunno. There's only so many times you can pull "the hero is dead no really guys for real this time", and I think Halo used it all up with the Believe and Locke's The Conquering Hero commercials.
Strike 1, Strike 2...
I can't even refresh the youtube page fast enough, about 5 views are added every time when I spam-click refresh
Something I noticed was it said the chief dies on October 27, 2560. In the Swords of Sangelios b roll, the date is October 27, 2558. Could this mean Halo 5 takes course over 2 years or is it a timeline discrepancy?
una yp wrote:
keep in mind alot of these trailers for halo tv spots never have any meaning when it comes ot the game. OFc they are playing on the fandom of master chief, so people will go out and by the game because they want to make sure chief doesnt die ect lol.

For example remember the halo 4 trailer where chief is captured and scanned by some promethian knight for a h4 tv trailer. or how about the trailer where locke and chief are both wounded in action facing off each other, bet they never happens in the game. Then we have the HTT thing going on atm and there is every reason why ONI would do some properganda stunt if it suits there end goal. I mnean if there sending a team to kill chief, you think there going to tell everyone that? ofc not there make up so bs about how he died as a hero ect.
Good tv spot but lets face it if there going to kill the chief of it sure as hell isnt going to be in a tv advert. lol
Good point, but more than anything, the date is... Interesting
Artych wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
Artych wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
I dont think so
Not really. 04 and 05 look the same in H2A. 04B looks practically the same(just with less detail because its Halo 3). We never really saw much of the outer edges of 03 and we know nothing of what 07 looks like.

The only thing I can think of is this being 07.
Something I noticed was it said the chief dies on October 27, 2560. In the Swords of Sangelios b roll, the date is October 27, 2558. Could this mean Halo 5 takes course over 2 years or is it a timeline discrepancy?
We've been discussing that. Should be interesting.
JJAB91 wrote:
Artych wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
Artych wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
I dont think so
Not really. 04 and 05 look the same in H2A. 04B looks practically the same(just with less detail because its Halo 3). We never really saw much of the outer edges of 03 and we know nothing of what 07 looks like.

The only thing I can think of is this being 07.
I guess we will see huh?
2 quarters to get an additional spot. Nothing on twitter.
It connects with Halo 4
That's my issue though. It being an ONI cover up makes absolutely ZERO sense considering the fact that the general population was aware of Chief being alive after the events of Halo 3 as depicted by Hunt the Truth. The only way Believe works is if after Halo 3 Chief just never came back.
You're not going to find a better explanation because the real reason is the creators didn't know H3's story. This is something that really requires a Doylist perspective, and a Watsonian one won't ever really make sense.
JJAB91 wrote:
EDIT: Actually this must be I-07. Since the only rings the UNSC has stations around now are 05 and 07, and we already know exactly what 05 looks like.
That's quite likely, cool.

For those who aren't aware, Installation 07 is the only remaining ring from the original array of 12 Halos. These 12 original Halos were three times the size of the 6 made later. 07 was damaged and repaired itself by shrinking to match the new 6 in size, giving us the set of 7 we had until CE. Given this, it likely would look a bit different.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 35