Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

a lot of the complainers are actually just casuals

OP Kill Flesh

I can't help but think a lot of people just haven't learned how to play the game properly yet, and are thus getting frustrated. All of these threads filled with people saying they can't last more than a few seconds off-spawn before being grenaded to death etc - they talk as if it's an inherent problem with the game, but I think they are just struggling to adapt to a more competitve environment.

From my experience -

you have to be ultra-aware now, you have to constantly watch your back even more than in old halos etc

You have to instinctivly thrust into cover in the right direction when you're getting shot.

You have to predict player movement even more than before - you have to figure out where they are based on friendlies just killed, other team mates position, last enemy position, and common spawn points.

You really have to know the maps - so many shortcuts and perches to find and master

You have to learn how to out-aim people with the precision weapons by using an off-putting strafe (yes, strafe means something again).

Tbh I can see why so many casuals are getting pissed - this game promotes ultra awareness and competitiveness. I'd like to here more of a voice on this forum from people that do like the more competitive style - I know they must be out there - I for one love most of what they've done. Mastering the pistol is an absolute joy.
Tl;Dr
Check my service record scrub. Face it, the game is flawed and GEARD towards normie casuals. That's why us vers can't get anything right with H5
Tl;Dr
Check my service record scrub. Face it, the game is flawed and GEARD towards normie casuals. That's why us vers can't get anything right with H5
why would I check it? Who even are you? I was just addressing a general sentiment common on the forums at the moment.
Kill Flesh wrote:
Tl;Dr
why would I check it? Who even are you? I was just addressing a general sentiment common on the forums at the moment.
No. You're looking to butthurt.
I'm not a casual and I still complain, there goes your whole basis.
People insulting casuals? Won't be long then until someone screams pc master race and once that happened the floodgates open to a consolewar again...
lol no, the complainers aren't just casuals
I really like this multiplayer and I'm getting fairly good at it, but a big chunk of what's being said are actually fair criticisms.
I think 343 have tried to break the mould with halo but in the process so far as of launch have only catered to the competitive side where's some competitive players and majority of the player base enjoy the social side of multiplayer I.e the unranked playlist and old favourites such as griffball and infection BTB etc. Obviously everyone wants to win any match they play but for new players and old players of the series some are finding the changes difficult after all it was pro players that had a big say in certain aspects of the game it's still halo but give it time and we will see changes and a lot more variety because as it stands 343 are shutting off a lot of the fan base with some aspects of the game.
Tl;Dr
Speak for yourself, I'm enjoying the game alot better than the last few garbage that Bungie and 343 released. They did something right with this one. And I hope it stays the same for the next one
  • Infection
  • King of the Hill
  • Assault
  • Oddball
  • Race
  • Juggernaut
  • Territories
  • Leader Traits
  • Vehicular Access Settings
  • Industructable Vehicles Setting
  • Setting secondary weapon to NONE
  • Gravity Hammer
  • H2A In-theater recording feature instead of tediously back and forthing with the Game DVR
  • H2A Weapon Lowering Functionality
Things that don't even exist in Halo 5: Guardians at launch.
Kill Flesh wrote:
Tl;Dr
No. You're looking to butthurt.
I don't get what you mean? I just checked your service record, it looked ok, similar to mine. Not everything's a competition man, I was just trying to address some of the common problems I hear people having with the game on here.
QRaiden97 wrote:
I really like this multiplayer and I'm getting fairly good at it, but a big chunk of what's being said are actually fair criticisms.
which bits would you say are fair criticisms? Most of what I've heard has been 'pistols too powerful', 'grenades too powerful', 'get killed as soon as I spawn' etc etc. All of these types of complaints seem to stem from personal frustration at not being able to get kills/win as much as they'd like, as opposed to an actual mechanical problem with the gameplay.