OP James OO5 SII

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Ardchie wrote:
The number of XP topics that have been around are crazy.
But I still think that 343 should add boost-packs you can either buy for say $2 or earn by spending say 20,000RP. The pack contains 5 legendary XP-boosts for every gametype. It would still ask for a serious grind but I would be a tiny bit easier while finding games these days in my area is hard. It's 4PM here, I've been matchmaking Team Arena for over 30 minutes now with no luck. So adding the boosts only makes up for the lack of games, you still have to invest a shitton of time.
Boosts are another problem with Halo 5’s XP or RP system. Regardless, the whole point of my interpretation is to decrease the amount of time invested on a lackluster reward compared to the current amount of time that a player has to invest in order to reach Max rank within Halo 5 guardians.
If memory serves me right I matched a guy the other day who had over 100 days played in Arena and was not 152. Using boosts or not, over 3 months in-game should translate to max rank, IMHO.

Note: 90 days = 2,160 hours.

OPs figures look like a step in the right direction but they do seem pretty high. That being said, I think the takeaway here is that max rank (or whatever it's called in-game) in Infinite should not be as grindy as it is in Halo 5.

Something that requires players to put forth significant effort for a sense of pride and accomplishment is nice. Maybe for Infinite balance out Arena and WZ XP (or whatever game mode we get) so XP is roughly equal per minute. I think when we start talking 2,000 hours, regardless of game mode, that should be max rank territory. Safe to say you're dedicated to the game.
I have been playing Halo 5: Guardians since launch and continued to participate within the matchmaking portion. However, While playing this game a variety of questions come to mind, but the main question I want to discuss is it possible to permanently increase the amount of XP reward earned per match within every playlist?

The reason why I want to tackle this topic, is because the current amount of XP earned per match in every playlist, without a boost, is incredibly lacking. Personally, I wouldn’t consider the current XP reward system per match as an acceptable reward because the player doesn’t really earn a decent amount of XP that they would benefit from drastically. Especially when the player reaches the triple digits, the only way to proceed forward is by dedicating hours upon hours of Warzone gameplay. Which even then doesn’t provide much. If 343 Industries has provided a logical reason on why they went with the current XP reward system? That would allow me to understand from a Company’s standpoint as to why they went with this system.

Otherwise, this is my interpretation of how I would conduct the XP reward system per match within the current Halo 5 playlists.

Social Playlists:
Win: 50,000 XP
Lose: 30,000 XP
Ranked Playlists:
Win: 60,000 XP
Loss: 50,000 XP
Warzone:
Win: 100,000 XP
Loss: 80,000 XP
Warzone Assault:
Win: 90,000 XP
Warzone Firefight Herioc:
Warzone Firefight Legendary:
Win: 120,000 XP
Loss: 100,000 XP
Warzone Firefight Mythic:
Win: 250,000 XP
Loss: 150,000 XP

Edit:
I want to reiterate that my interpretation is based off of the current caps per level within Halo 5’s overall ranking system.
That sounds like a bit much, especially considering that lots of people already grinded to the top. Do we really want halo 4 back where everyone you come across is max level?
I have been playing Halo 5: Guardians since launch and continued to participate within the matchmaking portion. However, While playing this game a variety of questions come to mind, but the main question I want to discuss is it possible to permanently increase the amount of XP reward earned per match within every playlist?

The reason why I want to tackle this topic, is because the current amount of XP earned per match in every playlist, without a boost, is incredibly lacking. Personally, I wouldn’t consider the current XP reward system per match as an acceptable reward because the player doesn’t really earn a decent amount of XP that they would benefit from drastically. Especially when the player reaches the triple digits, the only way to proceed forward is by dedicating hours upon hours of Warzone gameplay. Which even then doesn’t provide much. If 343 Industries has provided a logical reason on why they went with the current XP reward system? That would allow me to understand from a Company’s standpoint as to why they went with this system.

Otherwise, this is my interpretation of how I would conduct the XP reward system per match within the current Halo 5 playlists.

Social Playlists:
Win: 50,000 XP
Lose: 30,000 XP
Ranked Playlists:
Win: 60,000 XP
Loss: 50,000 XP
Warzone:
Warzone Assault:
Win: 90,000 XP
Warzone Firefight Herioc:
Warzone Firefight Legendary:
Win: 120,000 XP
Loss: 100,000 XP
Warzone Firefight Mythic:
Win: 250,000 XP
Loss: 150,000 XP

Edit:
I want to reiterate that my interpretation is based off of the current caps per level within Halo 5’s overall ranking system.
That sounds like a bit much, especially considering that lots of people already grinded to the top. Do we really want halo 4 back where everyone you come across is max level?
Reaching the Max level in Halo 5, especially in the case of Halo 4, has no meaning behind it aside from publically showing that the player has Dedicated potentially hours on end to reaching this end goal. In the context of a Halo 5, there is really no difference between a player who has reached max rank and a player who hasn’t, Ignore the fact they may have used Req points to get certifications, the only difference is those who reached max rank have a fancy emblem while a regular player doesn’t.
NightClerk wrote:
If memory serves me right I matched a guy the other day who had over 100 days played in Arena and was not 152. Using boosts or not, over 3 months in-game should translate to max rank, IMHO.

Note: 90 days = 2,160 hours.

OPs figures look like a step in the right direction but they do seem pretty high. That being said, I think the takeaway here is that max rank (or whatever it's called in-game) in Infinite should not be as grindy as it is in Halo 5.

Something that requires players to put forth significant effort for a sense of pride and accomplishment is nice. Maybe for Infinite balance out Arena and WZ XP (or whatever game mode we get) so XP is roughly equal per minute. I think when we start talking 2,000 hours, regardless of game mode, that should be max rank territory. Safe to say you're dedicated to the game.
Personally, the ideal time the player should take to dedicate in reaching Max rank within Halo 5, using my interpretation, should be 6 months at minimum. My numbers are based on Halo 5’s level caps per level, which is why they are weird to most.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4