Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

A Solution to farming? Thoughts?

OP xMiKe G17x

I just watched a video on YouTube that I thought might deserve some attention and speculation.
Bossaru9000 posted an opinion of his that stated what if when your base is triple capped and core is exposed to have shields that cover the entrances to the pelican bays as opposed to having the whole base open? That way the enemy team couldn't farm and either end the game by coring or be forced to wait the time out until the score reaches 1000. It would save players from having to wait it out. The enemy team would be forced to kill bosses to reach 1000 faster which would offer opportunity for a pushback by the triple capped team thereby extending the match. I don't see much opportunity for this to be abused.

Thoughts?
I like it, except now with the req drip system, if you are on a team that won't quit out you can easily outslay the enemies, or even reverse trip cap and win. Last night I was with an 11 man, and we were lazy at the beginning, got trip capped, and got "farmed". Actually, we slayed the crap out of the enemies, we just never capped back. A few of our players had many more kills than anyone on the other team. We got reqed up because of the drip, so I believe shield doors aren't necessary. They would help a team of randos tho, if they're quitting out.
hey that's me lol, thank's for bringing some more attention to it, though i haven't played halo 5 in a few months so i don't know how bad farming is currently.
BxRAD R wrote:
I like it, except now with the req drip system, if you are on a team that won't quit out you can easily outslay the enemies, or even reverse trip cap and win. Last night I was with an 11 man, and we were lazy at the beginning, got trip capped, and got "farmed". Actually, we slayed the crap out of the enemies, we just never capped back. A few of our players had many more kills than anyone on the other team. We got reqed up because of the drip, so I believe shield doors aren't necessary. They would help a team of randos tho, if they're quitting out.
You are right about that, the req drip does offer a comeback opportunity as well. This is a solution for the uncoordinated casual players that still get killed even when they spawn with a whiplash. I feel as though since there are no req stations in the pelican bays, and since the spawn points are random in front of and inside the base, that it would offer at least a point to run to if the game is truly going bad. Like a surrender point. I've had games where I chilled in the back waiting for them to core us only to have them get a phaeton or banshee into our pelican bays and begin farming from that position as well. Hanging out in the back completely exposes your core with no way to counter unless you're in the core room directly. I feel like it'd streamline the process of finishing the game.
Or perhaps, despite the outrage of so many of the farmers. The Achilles armor and helmet could be made a req unlock, just like Helioskrill had been made into a req card. That would benefit anyone who would like to have the Achilles armor and helmet, but passed on the farming of randoms in Warzone to get it.
To get rid of the farming there just needs to be a Teleporter at each base to turn on when your core is ready to be destroyed. The Teleporter would lead to random spots on the map.
I don't think a shield should go up right as you're triple capped. I think it would create a we already lost mentality so why bother. Maybe it would go up after a certain period of time and/or score has passed while being triple capped to be more positive that it's a farming game.

I think the biggest issue with this would be convincing your teammates to stay in the bay. Some might want to continue to fight and thus continue the farming. And like I already mentioned, if the shield goes up right away, some might decide to quit and stay in the shield area instead of trying to make a come back and then you already lost before the farming even started.
I think a good solution, or at least help the situation, is making the enemy AIs smarter and more aggressive. Teams can literally ignore the enemy AIs if they choose to since they stay in small general areas. Make it so the enemy AI will seek out the Spartans and even capture armories/garages and what not if you aren't fighting them as well. Then it wouldn't be so easy for teams to pin other teams down since enemy AIs would be attacking them as well.
Or perhaps, despite the outrage of so many of the farmers. The Achilles armor and helmet could be made a req unlock, just like Helioskrill had been made into a req card. That would benefit anyone who would like to have the Achilles armor and helmet, but passed on the farming of randoms in Warzone to get it.
You can get Achilles without having to farm, and not all farmers are doing it for the sake of Achilles.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I don't think a shield should go up right as you're triple capped. I think it would create a we already lost mentality so why bother. Maybe it would go up after a certain period of time and/or score has passed while being triple capped to be more positive that it's a farming game.

I think the biggest issue with this would be convincing your teammates to stay in the bay. Some might want to continue to fight and thus continue the farming. And like I already mentioned, if the shield goes up right away, some might decide to quit and stay in the shield area instead of trying to make a come back and then you already lost before the farming even started.
I like that idea of the shields not popping up until a minute or so in. You're right about people giving up early on that would most likely take place if the shields popped up instantly. I feel like this idea would help streamline the end of a match and would be easy for 343 to implement if anything.

It'd offer a safe haven for people not wanting to get farmed and kill their K/D (if they really care about it) without them having to necessarily quit out entirely. Also it would prevent the flying vehicle strategy where you can camp the pelican bay areas from the back of the base. As someone who's been on the team farming people when I first started playing this would kill my joy so I thought this to be a good idea. If there's no one to farm might as well end the game.
LethalQ wrote:
I think a good solution, or at least help the situation, is making the enemy AIs smarter and more aggressive. Teams can literally ignore the enemy AIs if they choose to since they stay in small general areas. Make it so the enemy AI will seek out the Spartans and even capture armories/garages and what not if you aren't fighting them as well. Then it wouldn't be so easy for teams to pin other teams down since enemy AIs would be attacking them as well.
What would be a cool idea is if in front of the base Marines were deployed in to help defend the base
Good idea but I think this would punish players that continue to fight , because most would probably hide and wait for defeat . But any new ideas to prevent farming should be discussed and explored fully.