Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

ABOUT FIREFIGHT BOSS AWARD

OP YIFANG JIA117

Some player provide EMP when the boss driving vehicle.
but they can't get award when boss die.
Should they receive these awards?
I think they should. But, I’m guessing the reason they don’t get any credit is because the EMP doesn’t do any damage. So, the game doesn’t register that player as having contributed toward the boss takedown.
Semi relevant:

Some bosses like the Prometheans in warthogs during normal WZ matches only give credit if you damage the actual boss. The warthog gunner counts as the boss and not the driver/hog, so actually you can just headshot the gunner a bunch and kill him instead of having to use heavier weapons on the whole vehicle.
I think all they should get is an emp assist medal.
I mean, technically they should because they contributed in the takedown; however they didn't do any actual damage, so it is kind of a grey area.
This is something that's bugged me ever since Firefight was introduced, particularly with how dying is factored into it. A few very recent examples:

--I'm in an Corp Guass Hog. I put SEVEN rounds into the underside of a Phaeton. Someone lasers it once while my turret is recharging. Guess who didn't get credit despite taking half of the health off of the boss? That's right, me.

--Chaingun and a Banshee Raider. Take it down to critical from full health and then I die. While I'm respawning, it get sprayed with an assault rifle and they get the credit. Me? Nadda. Not even an Assist.

The taking down the health by a vast amount and then dying right at the end is the worst, because the game flat out doesn't care how much you contributed, just that you get about 1% of damage into it at the very end. No idea what's up with the Phaeton one though. But it's kinda clear they just ported the mechanics from PvP Warzone where the last shot's what counts, and not the fight itself.

I'd love to see that changed, but they haven't done so yet and at this stage in the game I don't see why they would. I mean, your team's a step closer to victory either way, but in Heroic Firefight it's like a race to be 1st as opposed to winning, since unless you get unlucky with that "Four Swarmlords in the back of the base tha'ts super vehicle unfriendly in a vehicle dominant gamemode" round, then losing in Heroic is very unlikely. Possible, but unlikely. I care a lot less about points in Mythic, but I've stopped playing Mythic because it allows SR 30's and even SR 9's into the playlist just as happily as it'll let an SR 150.

I appreciate the optimism on their part, but Mythic's not a playground and if you don't have the firepower for it, then you can't contribute. If you can't contribute, you're dragging your whole team down. There really should be an SR minimum requirement, SR 70 at the very least maybe? Then you're much more likely to at the very least have access to the vehicles and stuff that can help out. Just like Monster Hunter World won't allow you to square off against Tier-2 Tempered Monsters until Rank 50, and the Arch-Tempered dragons until you hit Rank 100. There's a very, very good reason for those limitations - and Mythic really should have them too.
Yeah, I don't like that. Usually when the boss is around a quarter health left, you'll want to stop EMP'ing it and start shooting it to get credit.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Yeah, I don't like that. Usually when the boss is around a quarter health left, you'll want to stop EMP'ing it and start shooting it to get credit.
Speaking of EMPing, just now - as in seven seconds ago - had someone EMP'ing it until it fell behind the Garage. It was at under 1/5th of its health, and the driver popped out and I stomped him with my Mantis. Nobody else got credit as a result, even though most of them had been shooting at it for a while - and the EMP'er didn't get credit either.

Honestly, if Firefight's gonna be a thing in Infinite they NEED to address this credit system since it's totally unfair.
Sylxeria wrote:
This is something that's bugged me ever since Firefight was introduced, particularly with how dying is factored into it. A few very recent examples:

--I'm in an Corp Guass Hog. I put SEVEN rounds into the underside of a Phaeton. Someone lasers it once while my turret is recharging. Guess who didn't get credit despite taking half of the health off of the boss? That's right, me.

--Chaingun and a Banshee Raider. Take it down to critical from full health and then I die. While I'm respawning, it get sprayed with an assault rifle and they get the credit. Me? Nadda. Not even an Assist.

The taking down the health by a vast amount and then dying right at the end is the worst, because the game flat out doesn't care how much you contributed, just that you get about 1% of damage into it at the very end. No idea what's up with the Phaeton one though. But it's kinda clear they just ported the mechanics from PvP Warzone where the last shot's what counts, and not the fight itself.

I'd love to see that changed, but they haven't done so yet and at this stage in the game I don't see why they would. I mean, your team's a step closer to victory either way, but in Heroic Firefight it's like a race to be 1st as opposed to winning, since unless you get unlucky with that "Four Swarmlords in the back of the base tha'ts super vehicle unfriendly in a vehicle dominant gamemode" round, then losing in Heroic is very unlikely. Possible, but unlikely. I care a lot less about points in Mythic, but I've stopped playing Mythic because it allows SR 30's and even SR 9's into the playlist just as happily as it'll let an SR 150.

I appreciate the optimism on their part, but Mythic's not a playground and if you don't have the firepower for it, then you can't contribute. If you can't contribute, you're dragging your whole team down. There really should be an SR minimum requirement, SR 70 at the very least maybe? Then you're much more likely to at the very least have access to the vehicles and stuff that can help out. Just like Monster Hunter World won't allow you to square off against Tier-2 Tempered Monsters until Rank 50, and the Arch-Tempered dragons until you hit Rank 100. There's a very, very good reason for those limitations - and Mythic really should have them too.
yeh i agree with you there. it pretty much gives incentive to just pull out a saw, wait around the boss till its health gets super low and then swipe the kill. and honestly, i wouldnt really care most of the time as long as its dead, but it certainly makes getting warden and grunt mech commendations much more difficult that they should be.