Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Absurd wait times all of the sudden

OP Whitedooom

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The last couple of days have seen the wait times to find games stretch into 5-10 mins at a time for Warzone. Even other social playlists have longer than usual wait times for me and many others that I play with. We will match (eventually) play out a WZ game then wait 10 mins to match the same people despite me trying it solo, with high level squads, or mixed low level squads.

NAT is fine, always match on expanded, thousands of games played etc etc, so it is not on my end.
I've noticed this as well.
Same. I waited pretty much 10 minutes as solo queue for warzone which should be the fastest to find a game to only get farmed on my first game of the day. Maybe the population is so low and the farming isn't helping lmfao. Like I support the farms but it's bit eeee when I can hardly find games going solo.
LKG Gluby wrote:
Same. I waited pretty much 10 minutes as solo queue for warzone which should be the fastest to find a game to only get farmed on my first game of the day. Maybe the population is so low and the farming isn't helping lmfao. Like I support the farms but it's bit eeee when I can hardly find games going solo.
It isn't a population issue because it just randomly started to happen instead of some sort of gradual decline, but for real, I just want a few casual games lol
Yes, I have been experiencing this since Saturday. Which is strange as weekends have higher population. I have been playing almost everyday for last 2 years and these last couple days have been the worst it has been for finding games. I am seeing it in pretty much every playlist except Grifball currently since it it the featured game type. I agree that it isn't a population issue, I know the population is low but this seems to have been too drastic of a change that happened instantly instead of gradually over time. I have heard others say it is because a lot of people are playing the new MCC Halo Reach beta but seems hard to believe it would affect it that much. I also always search on expanded and am used to having to wait a few minutes here and there but seems it is 5-10 minutes every game all of the sudden.
Every one is probably in Infection getting that double XP since it is all month long.
I came here looking for this topic. Can't find a game in warzone or super fiesta/big team super. I really do think it is the population, sadly. The most recent warzone turbo weekend was fine for me but after that it has been almost unplayable
LethalQ wrote:
Every one is probably in Infection getting that double XP since it is all month long.
I know warzone is great xp but hoping it gets double XP for a month. I can't stand infection maybe 2-3 games a week for me lol.
LethalQ wrote:
This right here. And apparently Grifball from my own experience. Those are the only two playlists I get games in with practically no waiting right now. Just have to wait for people to burn themselves out in those playlists in about a week or so, as is what usually happens, then everything should go back to relative normality.
LKG Gluby wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I know warzone is great xp but hoping it gets double XP for a month. I can't stand infection maybe 2-3 games a week for me lol.
That would be A nice idea. I often miss the weekend days due to family commitments.
Literally had enough time to watch a streamer finish a game and then match me. All while I waited in the matching lobby

@Unyshek
I've noticed that as well
LethalQ wrote:
That's what I have been doing.
Hey all, thanks for letting us know about the issues. I'd like to collect some more information so if you can let me know the following, that'd be really helpful.

1. What region do you live in? (US, EU, Asia, etc)
  2. What playlist are you attempting to search?
  3. If you're searching ranked playlists, what rank are you in that playlist? If unranked, what is your historic rank in that playlist?
  4. What time of day are you searching?
  5. Are you searching solo or with friends?
  6. What is the exact message you're getting on failure? Screenshots are helpful, feel free to grab one and link to your Xbox DVR page or upload the image to a hosting site and link it here.
Thanks again!
Hey all, thanks for letting us know about the issues. I'd like to collect some more information so if you can let me know the following, that'd be really helpful.

3. If you're searching ranked playlists, what rank are you in that playlist? If unranked, what is your historic rank in that playlist?
  6. What is the exact message you're getting on failure? Screenshots are helpful, feel free to grab one and link to your Xbox DVR page or upload the image to a hosting site and link it here.
Thanks again!
1. US
2. Normal Warzone and tiny bit of grifball
3. Haven't tried ranks past couple of days
4. Different times throughout the 24hrs with same results mornings noon evenings night time.
5. I mainly solo queue.
6. "Unable to match There may not be enough players to support a game in this playlist. Please try a different playlist.
The population might go up a little bit once the Reach flight is over with which is in 30 minutes.
I’ve noticed this happen a lot to people who stream Warzone.

Thanks again!
1) US (Texas)
2) Normal Warzone
3) N/A
4) Varied, but within the hrs of 2pm to 11pm
5) Solo and with 2-3 friends
6) "Unable to Match" appears after a 5 minute wait or so. At work and I don't have any screenshots saved at the moment
1. Central US
2.BTB
3.D5
4.8:30pm CT (right now)
5.solo and with one other unranked player
6. Unable to match, please try a different playlist
(I've seen that message way too often in the last week or so)
The most annoying garbage when your trying to have fun. It happens a lot.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3